Vectrus Employee Reviews

Life at Vectrus Corp
Postal Clerk/ Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitMarch 9, 2017
Vectrus is good company with promotion potential. The benefits package is better than most companies I have worked for. The pay is competitive in comparison to the individuals skill set.
Pros
healthcare, pay
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Productive workplace
SHOP SUPPLY LEAD (Current Employee) –  CAMP BEUHRING, KUWAITMarch 3, 2017
The company is a good company to work for. There are job choices to choose from. The company offer many incentives to its employees. You also have the liberty to internal transfers.
Secure Military Facility
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working with VECTRUS. I really enjoyed my co-workers. I worked hand in Hand with many different companies, supporting our troops. Since we were in a serious work environment, we got along like family, and spoke to each other about any problems we may be having, business, or personal. Laughing was a must that we did often! I enjoyed my work it was very satisfying to know that I was assisting in making the Troops work lives a little easier during their deployment overseas.
Pros
Daily overtime
Cons
Not a lot of free time
Great company to work for!
Mission Planner (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 10, 2017
Vectrus has provided me a great opportunity to be apart of a team of outstanding individuals. Work days are fun and informative. My co-workers are very helpful and supportive.
Nice people to work with
Supply Clerk (Retrograde) (Current Employee) –  Camp ArifjanJanuary 4, 2017
The company as a whole was taught me a lot over the years.
I learned many thinkgs and I made friends that were willing to teach things I never knew.
Less caring Management
Network Admin (Current Employee) –  OconusDecember 22, 2016
The management at site level looks at you as just another number. Management did not appreciate good employees until employees decided to resign then offer more compensation in order to entice to stay.

Most site managers only care about bottom line, will not recommend employee for salary review just to save the Company some money in order to boost their own bonus/benefits. Bottom line, they do not care about you. The attitude is you can leave If you want, we can replace you. Often times the replacement is less qualified and they don't care as long they can pay him/her less than what they pay you. Selfish setting.
Pros
Good co-workers keep their heads up despite all odds.
Cons
Management at site level, those that are actually responsible for your well being, do not really care about you. To them, you are just a number.
Vectrus - Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Gunsmith II / Artillery Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitNovember 6, 2016
Vectrus, as a company, is a good company. Vectrus, as an employer in Kuwait and it's leadership lack a desire to nurture and foster growth within their ranks. Quit often personnel are hired and/or recruited within certain relationships of family or club affiliation.
Pros
A good company to work for overall.
Cons
Work - Life relationship is horrible.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camp ArifjanOctober 3, 2016
Productive and nice work place. Better work life balance and great working culture. Learned to work with different nationalities with variety of inputs.
Productive work place
Suppy Tech. (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 3, 2016
It need more people to work together and not to be in completion with one another. I think we should be getting pay for the time we get on the bus to come to work and the time we take to get home.
Pros
Some time we have Pot Luck Lunch and Birthday Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good Company but poor management
Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KuwaitAugust 25, 2016
Work is 6 / 12 hour days - at least 72 hours/week

Management not conducive to good work environment

Co- workers great

Hardest part of job was trying to correct errors allowed by management

Most enjoyable part of job was working with many different nationalities and personalities
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Management was not conducive to good work environment
Fast pace, high visibility, never a dull moment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitMarch 4, 2016
The program within which I work is a contractor to the US Military. The work is rewarding, exciting, and addictive. Supporting the military and the cause for freedom is an overwhelmingly great honor. The company is young by name but old in terms of its past history. It is awash with exceptionally talented managers at all levels of the organization.
Pros
Compensation, management team, corporate support
Cons
Working away from home
Good Opportunity
Department of Public Works Supervisor (Current Employee) –  QatarNovember 20, 2015
Growing brand that has potential to go from a good opportunity to a great one in time. The area of Qatar is definitely an interesting place in itself to begin.
Overseas experience
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitNovember 13, 2015
A typical day is there is no typical day. At any given day, a new problem arose. I learned how to increase my tolerance level to rude and obnoxious managers. DPM of Support did not have any people skills and was involved in a lot of unethical things behind the scene....APS-5.
Pros
Completing mission in a safe and efficient manner.
Cons
DPM of Support
Fast pace and unpredictable workplace where there is always new information to learn
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  CAMP ARIFJAN, KUWAITSeptember 24, 2015
First, let me say that I love, love what I do. We have a great team of seven people working missions that constantly bounce information off each other and always willing to lend a helping hand. Although we do have a couple people that tend to be negative at times, the rest of the team continues to strive to make things happen by ensuring all missions/taskers requirements are being met. We do have a leadership problem, but we try to rise above that and focus on the overall mission. We started off as a team of 16 people, but due to upper leadership problems a lot of personnel has left the company leaving the remaining personnel to pick up their load. at the movement the entire team oversees about 65 Taskers and I'm currently in possession of 15. The best part of my job is when a new Tasker comes down and competing with my co-workers to oversee the mission. Sounds strange I know, because most people run away from work, but we thrive off it. I also really enjoy interacting the with functional areas that actually execute the guidance that has been pushed out. I can only hope to encounter a similar position stateside.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitAugust 10, 2015
I've been able to enhance my leadership skills and gain more logistics experience. It is definitely a great place to work.
Confusing
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitJuly 29, 2015
Had confusing guidelines. The management was for them selves and not for the worker. Good pay, long hours.Need to be more worker oriantated.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours and great pay.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitJune 19, 2015
This job required long hours (72 hours per week) but the pay is great with the reward of knowing you are supporting the American troops throughout the Middle East region. The hardest part of the job was getting acclimated to the weather and trying to survive on one day off per week after working 72 hours.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Adapting to the hours and weather
good sick benefits
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan KuwaitApril 17, 2015
A typical day of work would include a very very fast pace of work that includes various tedious tasks to be completed within a given time frame. I have learned to juggle many different tasks at one time. Management in some cases are very much involved with the work through out the chain. I have a great deal of hard working co-workers who put in long hours. The hardest part of my job is trying to get all tasks completed every time completely error free because all the different task require complete attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of this job is giving briefing on what I am working on because it gives me a chance to shown how well I am keeping up with and doing my jobs.
Productive and advancement work opportunities
Head of Facilities & Operations for Vectrus (Former Employee) –  Camp ArifjanMarch 29, 2015
The hardest part of working for this company was also one its best traits. As an employee you were constantly pushed to improve your leadership, communication, and process development skills in order to advance within the company.
Pros
Progressive work environment, free gym facilities, scheduled breaks and lunch, secure environment, medical benefits, plenty of vacation time
Cons
Long work hours, long trip to work, high stress environment, short deadlines, lack of personnel