AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 3,759 reviews
Unorganized company with management, mainteance, communication isuues not enough productivity.
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  kuwaitJune 8, 2019
Company does not have a strong structure in any type of field for there postions. No work life balance. Pay is not what to be expected. They careless about there employees
Finance analyst
Financial analyst (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityApril 20, 2019
No work/life balance
work 6 days a week & 12 hour shifts
15 hr days and working 12 hours
long commute to job site
accommodations are eh
$18 per hour with mandatory 70 hour work weeks
overall compensation 85k

$35,756.40 regular 40 hrs (you can make this in America)
$29,563.65 overtime worked

moral is bad and I will not renew my contract
they do not pay for education or certifications (red flag)

I can honestly tell you that I understand what factory workers feel like working daily.
job
GCSS ERP Lead (Former Employee) –  kuwaitJanuary 15, 2019
Repetative work environment with a solid foundation. The company take care of their employees with great benefits and incentatives. Various work locations and a variety of cultures.
benefits
Worst Company Ever
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kuwait Camp arifjanDecember 13, 2018
No one knows their job. Low pay..lies...and incompetent management. Do not come to Kuwait Camp Arifjan to work for this company. They are a joke and a waste of your time. Even the PM quit...
Pros
Cons
Bad management, low pay
Morale
Senior Logistic Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 10, 2018
The company provide and awesome morale with great benefits and bonus package to there employees open door policy with the CEO gives a fresh opportunity to employers and allow you to complete the mission.
Pros
Excellent
Benefits
Interesting work enviroment
LOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 4, 2018
I wouldn't necessarily recommend or not recommend, but I would work for them again. Very hectic workplace, but great pay. A typical day for me consisted of preparing shipments.
heavy equipment mechanic lead
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Lead (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 29, 2018
i'm the first to motor pool and the last to leave.ensure personnel has a safe working environment. give guidance to employees that work with me. ensure all work is performed in a safe manner according to AECOM safety standards and guide lines. perform duties to the upmost professionalism with little or no supervision. enjoy working with and along side the military and different cultures.
Kuwait locations are bad
Electrical Technician II Lead (Current Employee) –  Camp ArifjanSeptember 5, 2018
Working for this company in Kuwait has been the worst contract I have ever been a part of. I have worked contracting for 15 years. Everyone has low morale. Salary quotes from recruiters are not accurate. You will be paid much lower than they offer you due to hours being cut if there is a sand storm or bad weather. You are paid for 12 hours a day but you are gone from home 16 hours a day minimum. They don't give you time to eat your meals but preach safety. Your job is always under threat by your management team and leaders. I would not recommend this place to work for anyone. There is a huge turnover rate.
Pros
coworkers mostly are cool
Cons
Not enough time to eat meals, Lowest pay on Kuwait base, treated like cattle, 12 hours pay for 16 hour days, constant threat, rules change daily, unqualified managers
Maintenance
still working Heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  Arifjan kuwaitAugust 13, 2018
One of the best company in the world .but poor management.company provide different type of salary for same job. I learned lot of knowledge about the safety
Pros
Short brakes
generator mechanic & tower lights maintenance.
power generator mechanic (Current Employee) –  afghanistsnJuly 9, 2018
Team work . independent work. sharing accommodate company provide transport annual leave (vacation) arrange the Air fare to company.
I am interested to join this company.
Pros
internet
Cons
anything
A lot of hours
Land Combat Electronic Systems Repairer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 6, 2018
The company i worked for was a subcontract which went by their own rules. Worked 12 hour days 6 days a week. One day paid off and the overtime rate is 1.25, not the regular 1.50. Was promised double time to work on a federal holiday and that fell through. Ended up giving up my day off to work a normal paid day on the 4th of July.
Dont Do it
AWRDS Analyst/LMP (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 28, 2018
This is a company with management that are pretty much rejects (fired) from other companies in the past and have formed a "click" and look out for each other. The security of your job is threatened on a weekly basis by management, very little pay, promotions are not done by what you know but who you know. Moral of the team is down but the push for more is stressed by management.
Pros
Its a Job, opportunity to network with others
Cons
Pay for DFAC, kuwait is expensive, "Wasta" in the management
Good leadership was missing in this company
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 23, 2018
Most days you had to work 12 hours but you did not get paid overtime. It was a very harsh living conditions. Many days the management was not truthful about there mission.
Pros
worked everyday
Cons
there was not overtime offered but you were expected to work 12 hours each day
productive day in learning G Army process
POL Pad Team Lead/AWRDS Lead (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 15, 2018
typical work consist of 12hr + 2hours travel time daily 6 day work week .
G Army operations learned daily
Management no comment
Culture no comment
hardest part of job is amount of time in the field
enjoy returning home for rest
Pros
N/a
Cons
very long days no time for any proper rest
Field Service Rep/ Lead (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 29, 2018
do not have anything to say, would rather just move on with my career and not have to worry about Aecom any longer thank you and have a great day, I really thank you
Working for URS an AECOM company
Electronics Technician/M1A2 Abrams Tank Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitApril 9, 2018
Frist off, my recruiter gave me the immpression that my base wage was much more than it was. She tried to lump in every little bit of time and "benefits" into the offer to inflate the numbers. Once I found that out, I continued to see this kind of lack of integrity and dishonesty for my short time with the company. The job was oversees, the host country work week was 6 days. Overtime was only time and a quarter. You weren't paid for all the time you were under the company's control. The company switched back and forth on host country and US policy which ever way benefited them. All the leadrrship and management had been in country for at a minimum of 8 yrs and they all keep each other in positions they had no business holding. Absolutely no work life balance. You were up and in a company shuttle between 5-5:30am and didn't return to your billeting until 8:30-9pm.Glad to be gone...
Pros
Thr actual job i was doing
Cons
Compensation, work-life balance, management
productivity
Master Supply Technician, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait (Current Employee) –  Camp ArifjanFebruary 27, 2018
great place for promotion and wonderful co-workers
diversified job opportunities within the company and room to grow
hours of opperation is the standard 12 hours of work
great customers and always willing to assist my customers
Productive and fun work environment with great co-workers.
COMSEC REPAIRER/ ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS REPAIR (Current Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 16, 2018
-A typical day a work would involve repairing and upgrading radio and GPS systems.
-Learned how to upgrade radio and GPS systems.
-Management was very supportive and involved in the everyday task.
The workplace was very family oriented. Every one helped each other to finish task.
-The hardest part of the job was repairing the radios.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Pros
Gaining knowledge
Cons
short breaks
Mine
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  kuwaitOctober 19, 2017
Working for URS is the worse company I have ever worked for. Since I've been here my pay has been messed up. I had to contact Rock Island the company head quarters before my pay was corrected 2 months later. My contract 1 year contracted stated one thing but before my contract was over they has changed my Vacation, medical, and benefits without warning.
Pros
negative
Good Company
DFAC FOOD SERVICE LEAD (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 29, 2016
I'd retire from this company. They held contract longer because if how well everything went so employees got more than originally thought when it came to job security. I took advantage and really appreciated my situation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K