Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

Company nickle and dime its employees.
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 10, 2019
We are under paid for the kind of risk that we are exposed to. Manager in charge of this are has no people skills and belittles his staff. ICE officials do the same with the exception of a few that are professional and have proper work ethics. It gets to the point where Officers only work two days per week due to poor decisions and planning.
Good working hours. Money was good.
Material Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COSeptember 24, 2019
Good place to work. Just hope not to have a bad manager. Its hard to get a promotion. Job security is not that good. You don't get pto in your first year
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 20, 2019
Akima is a great place to work. They really care for the customer, employees, and shareholders. The executives are really hands on, in the sense that they want Akima to meet its goals.
pay is terrible
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 9, 2019
Positions are set to one pay scale... there's hardly any increases or bonuses. Management doesn't really focus on you and your pay but more on the federal employees needs.
First five years were fine, after they hired a new untrained supervisor it was an intentional plot to make my job stressful, i was constantly harasse
Small Arms Weapon Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAAugust 29, 2019
New supervisor told other employees that he was looking to fire me, would make up false claims, I recieved multiple negative counseling, I never had one negative report during the first five years I worked there, I made reports to HR, they conducted meetings where the employees were disrespected an upper management did nothing, I even took my concerns to the corporate office with no avail, finally I quit because EVERYDAY I was harassed by this guy Raymond Burrows, I would never work there, I loved my job but there was a conspiracy going on after that individual was hired, even though the supervisor made mistakes that were terminating offenses.
Benefits
Cons
Untrained personnel in management positions
Great at first
Air security officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2019
It was great the first few days but then the supervisor on site is rude and has no people skills. I was having second thoughts two weeks into the job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work environment
I’m a hard working woman who want to continue to succeed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 26, 2019
I love the job but the company end up loosing the contract ..I wish I was still there it a good environment to work and I learned a lot more about the government facilities
Worst work environment ever no team work or effort. Everybody is against everybody.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 25, 2019
Management sucks there to many favoritism there. Everyone is not treated equally and they give positions to the one they Favorites first. They say they don’t permit gossip but they continue it in the O5 everybody’s knows your personal business after you leave out from there.
Fair and accurate
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 24, 2019
Base on what I personally experience working for Akima, it’s been nothing less good vibes and memories. They treat you with lots of great potential to be come one of their leaders
Experience at Ft Gordon, GA was awful
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAAugust 21, 2019
These people are the most micromanaging, aggravating and downright spiteful people I've ever had the displeasure of working for. The turnover is ridiculous. The work schedule is horrible. No time hardly ever at home. The work environment is hostile all the time and needlessly. It's nothing but walking on pins and needles not to mention the shady relationships and dealswith governmane and the union.
A great company to work for.
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 7, 2019
A great company to work for..!!! Its just too bad that some of our jobs will end soon . I wish they had more positions to fill for those that are having to leave .
A typical start of day is Captain on shift yelling at you and showing aggression towards staff
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 2, 2019
Poor management, allows supervisors to be disrespectful towards staff, officers are guilty before even being heard. Two of three captains are unprofessional, bring personal issues to work place, hold grudges against officers, supervisors/captains team up against officers to write you up for suspension, rude, loud and yells at officers in front of detainees. Captain scream on the radio all day because she’s to lazy to walk on compound
Best job in General Aviation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Air Force Academy, COJuly 15, 2019
Akima, by far, is the best place to work for GA and the best pay by $10/hr! Management is outstanding! Closed shop means everyone is Unionized and supports the people. I love my job.
Overall bad experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 11, 2019
Bad communication between management and local team members. Lack of advancement and rude team members, even those trying to leave for better jobs after years of dedication are not offered more money to have them stay.
Only insiders move up
Akima Team (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 22, 2019
Akima isn't necessarily a meritocracy. Friends of those in charge move up while other and/or competent people are stuck at the same level. There are some good people but a lot of turnover.
as a general clerk contracted for a government agency
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2019
its not a bad place to work, the pace is fair and its easy to get your work done.
you get okay benefits though id consider the sick leave time lacking
overall i would rate it a 7/10
great jumpoff
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLJune 4, 2019
Has good pay but u have to go through alot of drama, miscommunication, misjudging working there. They managers and supervisors cant be trust. You get sick alot, and those kids are sick and unhappy. They need to shut akima down
This job is for the birds!
Fort Carson Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COMay 4, 2019
Management is incompetent and over worked. Employees do whatever they want while your told to mind your business. They continue to hire individuals that pose a hazard and affects the efficiency of the job. No growth and no raise. Miserable people in a miserable environment.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Management, incompetent employees.
easy job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 1, 2019
This is a very easy job only problem is they do not allow you to sit down during an 8 hour shift and give you only two 10 minute breaks. Then after working a 16 hour shift you only get a 30 minute break. This place is very unorganized and unprofessional. Every check im missing hours or the pay me 1 pay per with 3 separate checks instead of giving me 1 whole check. Theres people that were hired months ago given access to the facility but has yet to be placed on schedule.
Pros
great pay for easy job
Cons
unprofessional and unorganized
A good place to work
Project Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 22, 2019
I don't have much to say about this company, except I appreciate my employment. I have had an interesting learning experience and continued growth as an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akima, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.