Alshaya Group

Alshaya Group Employee Reviews

Kuwait14 reviews
To be part of Alshaya Group was a great privilege for me. They cared about their people to the best they can. I enjoyed my tenure with Alshaya. I gained a lot of knowledge and great experience.
Pros
Good Company
They are protecting their staffs, keeping the knowledge at work updated through online courses,
Very strict when it comes to food safety and guests importance.

Giving extra colors to workers through recognition and promotions
I've learned a lot new things, they will build your confidence at work, motivating staff and being competence in your work place, I've enjoy a lot
and i feel being worthy
We learned a lot in Alshaya very good training system Including the succession plan for all career levels. We great culture most of all Shaya team respect each other. Overall stay small and grow big !
Great place to work, I learned a lot during my 6 years. Colleagues are very supportive and there is very less politics in the company. They have flexible timing which is great and enables us to have a work life balance.
Working on Alshaya is a competitive. It teaches you also how to be more felxible and more knowledge on engaging customer and gives more training on how you can give a satisfaction to your customer.
Not good enough to fight current covid-19 situation. Cutting off our salary, even after working hard on daily basis. Our jobs are no more secure....thanks
It was a long innings in Alshaya Group of close to 18 years and has been a fruitful journey. I have really enjoyed working in this organisation. This experience has taught me so much about retail, people and myself. There were lots of great team achievements and a very collaborative work environment helped deliver positive business outcomes.As a team, we have added great value to the organisation and the business has appreciated the efforts.
No salary increment for many years , only high position enjoy theirs life with all
Bonuses . Staff is Cheap slavery . Top management plays with investigations here and there ..the UK management acts like kings , in fact all theirs resumes are fake and no one needs them back in their country , that’s why they are here .after being abused they will easy replace u . Do not apply for this company . In case u are really poor u can, but they will use u and u will keep your mouth shut ..Good luck !!
Pros
Security
Cons
A lot
The company has a job security for the employee. They do take care of the employee. The career in alshaya never stop as they always develop people to become a manager
A typical day involves either collaborating to grow our market share with the European regional execution team or creating 360 campaigns for e-commerce or multi-channel use with our teams in NYC and SF.

I have learnt to communicate, influence and team up with business partners and various internal key stakeholders on a daily basis via video calls, meetings, web-based tools or market visits, supporting them from strategy, across planning, delivery and hind-sight of their plans.

I enjoy working in innovative projects, the new, the big, the challenging is exciting for me! I am an enthusiastic problem solver with creative thinking, prone to action and deliver results.
Very good organisation in terms of learning wide operations management. However very poor in terms of employee developments, growth opportunities, benefits and job security
Pros
Wide operations and good brands
Cons
no growth, no salary increments, no bonus
I would recommend this company as good workplace. The work culture is good and it's really fun to work with people from multiple countries. The company is also growing rapidly.
It was very challenging working in oversease. New culture and people with a different nationality that needed to adjust. Experience the different of the company from my previous career into this overseas job.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours not paid overtime