Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Kuwait23 reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,460 reviews

Very Organized company

Very Organized company & fun place to workThrough my leads i have learned a lot like my management skills have been improved, also technical skillsOffice staffs very friendly & very organizedAlso AMEC rules & regulations itself very organizedHardest day when i get my termination letter

Good

There are so many wonderful things about working for the company. My favorite is probably the flexibility I have with my hours. I also love the company culture and enjoy working with everyone. A lot of employees love their jobs because it looks great on a resume and allows them to gain a lot of knowledge.

Amec Foster Wheeler

Huge global company with multitude of Foster Wheeler and Amex offices which never quite got synchronised before Wood takeover, and Wood haven't managed to do either. Previous FW offices were truly excellent, then progressively got diluted until nothing really left to differentiate from competition. New people orientated ethos sounds great, and all the regular online training that goes with it, but you don't feel it.

Pros

Salary was fine

Cons

Stress

a place where you learn multi cultural differences

Productive work place with good heart people. Dealt with stress and pressure with respect to co workers. At the end of the day they will make you feel appreciated and recognized. It is a place where I enjoyed the moment of learning and sharing my skills and talents.

Very good company to work

Very good company and learnt a lot in terms of job and management. There is lot of deadlines and lot of pressure to finish the job on time as its a project.

Working with amec forsterwheeler

Its a dream job a very good company with good management.A well-designed and written company profile makes it possible to effectively deliver key information about your company to your potential customers and investors. It is also an important tool to help you portray a professional image, build trust and reinforce your brand.

Good experience working with one of major oil exporting company

I had good time worked with AmecFoster Wheeler in Kuwait. The work environment was healthy and encouraging to achieve business and personal milestones.

Equal opportunities

Management obtain strong leadership skills Team work and transparency Great Growth Potential Encourages Work/life balance Open work culture across all levels Strengthens soft and technical skills Fun place and fun team to work with Professional team members in terms of punctuality in deliverables

Cons

unclear career path

five of five

I am glad to had dealing with this Company where I got good relations along with the work invironment. It was my pleasure to work for Amec Foster Wheeler

Good Job Environment

There is very less exposure to a different type of work and less scope for the uplift of position. Yearly Compensation hike is meagre and employment development activities are nil.

Very good job culture

1 Responsible for AMEC Foster wheeler’s Interface Data System 2 Tracking the Interface Connection Sketches 3 Tracking IMDB Package 4 Verify and Approve the data within IMDB and Interface Connection Sketch and related drawings 5 Coordinate with the EPC

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Breaks

Amec Foster Wheeler

Create and sustain a good team spirit within the Amec Foster Wheeler project team. Encourages skill learning potentials through in house training and by online.

Good PMC Environment with some systems in place

Work environment is multicultural, open and supportive. Needs improvement in opportunities to develop long term career goals and path to look forward.

Pros

Salary structure is better than other ME countries

Cons

No measures for continuous improvement or performance measurement etc..

good team work and attain good friendship

What I like most about my current job is that it gives me the opportunity to learn and be creative, and it looks like this position would do the same.

Pros

good workgroup

Cons

leave duration

A busy and challenging work everyday

Busy but challenging work everyday. I have learned to manage my time properly and prioritize tasks to be done. The management is good with all the managers being supportive to growth of each and every employee. Hardest part of the job is I have to adjust to middle east culture and deal with co-workers who came from different parts of the globe. The most enjoyable part is was able to learn more new experience and skills everyday.

Pros

Free Medical Benefits

Cons

Strict Rules in Kuwait

Productive & Efficient

Work culture in Kuwait do not match with the western culture. Sometime the movements are slow paced. As a company AMEC-FW is great to work. Colleagues are very helpful and cooperative.

Systematic Work nature, good team with complete workability

A global company to work with. Systematic Work nature, good team with complete workability. All nationality persons in the both management and execution teams. Major Clients in Kuwait are KOC & KNPC.

Project lessons Learnt

Working with multinational is a vast experience and contractors improvement needed and more expediting with them as required on the project contractual requirements .

Well Payed

AMECFW is a good company to work for, however, I am working overseas, so the job/life balance is rough. But you understand that when you work as a contractor. Generous paid time off. Salary is good. Overall I would say the company is in the upper echelon of companies to work for. The only draw back is advancement, but this is not dictated by AMECFW it is by the client, so they have very little say in the matter. Do give annual raises, and bonuses.

Pros

Paid time off, 42 days/year, Salary is fair.

Cons

Long working hours and in Kuwait

Fun

i had been working with great co-worker and nice management level for more than 3 years which they give me great support and punch of information and you could stay in touch with all your friends and managers after when you leave coz we being as such great family and doing good job together

Typical company

Typical company with mulitnational employees. Personally grow and develop. Supportive colleagues. The enjoyable part was working alongside with my colleagues and learning from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amec Foster Wheeler. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Amec Foster Wheeler Reviews by Location