American University of Kuwait

American University of Kuwait Employee Reviews

Kuwait17 reviews
AUK will always be a one-of-a-kind place to work at, the environment, the liberal atmosphere, the non-ending activities on campus, the fresh new freshmen and woman every semester, it's truly a ever-lasting diverse place that will always want to go back to!
Adventurous work environment. The American University of Kuwait (AUK) is an independent, private, equal opportunity, and coeducational liberal arts institution of higher education. The educational, cultural, and administrative structure, methods and standards of AUK are based on the American model of higher learning.
Wonderful work environment, great staff students are bright and polite. Respectable pay and benefits package. Small and personable company. Excellent all around
I worked at AUK for more than 12 years, I just love this place, staff, faculty, students and of course Management. All are friendly and supportive which makes you feel home and safe.
I had to make sure all the facilities were in their best operating condition, so the wheels of business would run smoothly in a very diverse institution. Maintaining the safety and security for the AUK community were the highest priority. I enjoyed every day of my work at AUK till an unqualified person took charge of the department and after inflicting career damages to several people was dismissed of her position.
it is nice and promising to work in this company the environment the people and the management are nice and friendly and it is a growing place and people,
our work was 24/7 and our main target was to supply A-class services in the most economic way.
Multi culture environment and this helps all the employees to be better and to learn more.
The American University of Kuwait is a liberal arts institution dedicated to teaching, learning, and scholarship. The university offers programs that provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for lifelong learning and professional success. AUK enriches society by fostering an environment encouraging critical thinking, effective communication, personal growth, service, and leadership.

AUK aspires to be a leading university recognized locally, regionally, and internationally for its institutional distinctiveness, academic excellence, and the accomplishments of its graduates.

American University of Kuwait is a productive workplace, however it has a poor Job Security!
I enjoyed working at the university as a student, it helped me practice being in a working environment while implementing what i have learned in classes. The most enjoyable part was that it didn't feel like work. The AUK community felt more like family than anything else, they encouraged us to learn and try different working styles. I was able to find what i was more comfortable with, what needed improvement, and how to do it.
Pros
Location made it easy, since i can leave class and go straight to the office
Cons
Student pay wasn't the best
I will always love AUK. I worked there as a student and they helped me in shaping my personality. I spent my best days there. I wish I can rejoin. Highly recommended.
It was my career start where i have learned and gained alot of experience and knowledge they are trusting finance team and giving tem the authority to control the whole business .
I bring along 13 years of insightful experience in housekeeping operations, process management, laundry operations, guest management and client servicing. In my current position as Housekeeping Executive with American University, Kuwait. I have been entrusted with responsibilities of entire operations entailing end to end Housekeeping Operations. My objective is to leverage my skills and experience in a senior managerial position with a progressive organization offering wider responsibilities and challenges.
Really enjoyed being part of the marketing team. It made me feel home and that every input i dedicated did count on my behalf. I was not treated as an outsider because of my internship, but in fact, they made me feel like i belonged to this company. I attended important meetings and staff meetings. I was able to be part of the initiation process of the Marketing Plan.
the students are wonderful and keep your motivation up. The departments and support system is great as well.
I would have stayed longer but it is a not a country where you can establish roots or settle down in. There is not much room for personal and professional growth.
It was fun place to work , I was working there as i was studying at the same university which was a good experience to study and work at the same time to learn to balance both aspects of my life.
The American University of Kuwait is an independent, private and co-educational liberal arts institution of higher education located in Salmiyah. The method of education, culture and administrative structure are all based on American model of higher learning, with English being the medium of instruction.

It has two schools namely, the College of Arts & Sciences and the School of Management.
Pros
Culture, attitude, benefits, salary, health insurance
Cons
small, parking
I was a teaching Assistant in the American of Kuwait. My job is to give Physics lessons and labs to undergraduate students.

I enjoyed working there as it is to deal with the older students, the compatibilty with student teacher was very strong.

I was able to do the job only for a year as moved to Canada.