Army National Guard

Army National Guard Employee Reviews

Working as a Personal Security Detail Team leader I learned many different types of leadership styles as well as patience in order to successfully complete a mission.
Pros
Leadership opportunity and trust
Cons
Having to continuously change my leadership approach to continue to motivate my subordinates.
I joined the Guard right out of high school and enjoyed the experience very much. The training was excellent and I made friendships that will last a life time. I also have benefitted from the excellent GI Bill education benefits.
The military is a demanding but very rewarding career choice. My review is during my full-time employment, such as on deployment. It is high tempo and carries a lot of potential risk, but you will develop relationships to last a lifetime.
Pros
They food and house you
Cons
Danger
The service is a great place to gain knowledge on learning how to work through stressed environments, and gain skills for various technologies both old and new.
Pros
Pride in serving others, various challenges to learn IT knowledge
Cons
Travel
The days are long, 12-14 hours. The weeks are just as long, 6-7 days on duty. The work is engaging. In fact this is the first time in a long time I have enjoyed the work I was doing. The downside is the 7000 miles between me and home.
Pros
Challenging job that I enjoy.
Cons
7, 000 miles from home.
Daily review mission and target sets, manage soldiers, update data and format to provide information to commander and supporting staff officers.
I had great opportunity to learn and implement new technologies here.
This was a deployment, and I will not disclose any information
A typical day at work is formation in the morning around 0730 then work proceeds around 0800. Daily I update camp PERSTATS and work on personnel issues.
Pros
free lunches, free healthcare, great expirence, traveling
Cons
long exhausting hours
Worse four years of my life, A reserve unit that each person was for themselves and didn't care who they knocked down to get where they wanted. Very little organization and didn't take care of their own.
Every Day of work Starts with new challenges.Enthusiasm to do some thing new ,exciting challenging and implement some thing different then others.There is no end to learning with every passing day their is new thing to learn and new challenge to face.So every work day teaches new things and adds to our knowledge .Management Always good and Cooperative on all fronts.All co-workers works like a team to face any challenge.Hardest part of job when there are crashes of system .but being well prepared and well planned with proper backup strategies makes such phases pass easily .The most enjoyable part of job is successfully recovering systems after crashes and backup to normal work.