BP Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,816 reviews
Good first job to have
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Granton, WIOctober 14, 2019
It was my first actual job in high school and I liked it enough. The pay was good for what I needed and very flexible around my school schedule. Overall good experience
Productive Environment but Bureaucratic Company
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2019
I enjoyed the day to day challenges at work when working at BP. You had very equipped leaders in some areas that were pragmatic. My colleges were some of the best. However, the company was very bureaucratic and often times the simplest tasks were made very complicated.
You enough to pay rent. Extra held onto until two week waiting period before next check.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, IN 46313October 12, 2019
Look employment has always been the issue for me. The children are grown with their own children. On my own doing much less for myself. Yet I need toilet paper just as most of us. I got along with oftener team members given much kindness. Hiring date 06/09/2006 to 07/23/2007.
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  McDonald, PAOctober 10, 2019
I enjoyed the work I was doing there, the managers were respectful caring and would assist in any way they could. Managing a life with the job was also very easy.
An okay start.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYOctober 10, 2019
I feel like I would have enjoyed my time with BP far more if I wasn't abruptly laid off for what they claimed was "a lack of business". For the time that I was there I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not because of the place itself, but because it was my first job experience.
Dont bother
Procurement Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 9, 2019
Stressful working environment, restructuring every few months, all work is moving out of US. Flexible work environment is only pro...they lay off people and put more work on people that are left.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
best job for area and career minded
Operations Supervisor marine docks (Former Employee) –  BP Chemicals Texas City, Tx.October 9, 2019
retired and based on 30 yrs. experience still have something to offer skills etc. Worked from the bottom to the top. Met a lot of interesting people from all parts of the world.
Pros
Safety rewards
Cons
excellent benefits
Great place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  SalisburyOctober 9, 2019
Fun place to work all staff friendly. Customers are polite. Great hours. Great benefits pay excellent nothing negative would highly recommend. This job
Taught me valuable life experiences
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  11800 Burlington road Kenosha WIOctober 8, 2019
Learned a lot about myself. Taught me valuable life lessons, customer service skills, and how to work as a team. I was always treated like family from management and I am forever grateful for the time, lessons and opportunities that I received while working there.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonOctober 8, 2019
Under utilize your services, too many meetings, overloaded and a very friendly environment, Great benefits and compensation. The hardest part of the job getting assistance to support the needs. they do have flexible working hours which is big plus if are have children school activities.
Unproductive team leader who had all the time in the world to spent to put people down.
Reliability Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAOctober 7, 2019
Terrible company who mistreated my husband. I would not recommend this company as an employer. Sorry to say this but it is truth. Now you know and have been warned. Totally disappointed in this place.
busy but wasn't managed well
ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 7, 2019
My experience working with Bp gas station wasnt the worst, but just wasn't managed very well and there were no benefits. but it was nice to gain experience working in customer service.
Pros
experience, an understanding, and a challenge.
Cons
no benefits and a was badly run.
Great Company
Contract Land Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2019
Loved working there. Was on a DD team selling L48 assets. Great pay, flexible hours. Nice people to work with. Very nice facilities. Comfortable office and free parking.
Pros
Supervisors were great.
Cons
One employee!!!
Güvenilirliği açısından önemli
Pompa görevlisi (Former Employee) –  İstanbulOctober 5, 2019
Çok güzel çalıştım harika iş ve insanlar herkese yavsiye ederim pompa görevlisi olmak benim için ayrıcalıktır
productive and valuable experience but low pay (especially if you are local employee)
Oil well design and completion engineer (onshore-offshore) (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 4, 2019
Very good company to gain experience. Extensive experience in different areas, valuable experience. But the management is extremely mean, does not like to spend money on employees. They do pay rise and promotion for some people and ask to keep that confidential eventhough in the meetings and townhalls they talk about transparency. Remarkable discrimination between local and expat employees. Expats earn about 10-15 times more salary than the local doing the same job.
Good people to work with
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 2, 2019
Overall a good work experience very educational on how a store operates. The owner was very understanding if I needed time off. He would also encourage me to pursue what I was passionate about
Agradável para trabalhar
Operador de caixa (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria da FeiraSeptember 30, 2019
Boa equipa de trabalho, um pouco mal pago para as exigências e o que nos compete.
Downsizing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2019
Company is shrinking and no opportunities for advancement. Each year the work force is being made redundant. Work life balance is talked about not managed actively by management.
Great adventurous exoeeience in life
Able Seaman (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 26, 2019
Worked for Bp for 5 years which have me the experience with the flow of life .with a safety work culture and hence providing the best work outcome.Bp has been a source of inspiration to most seafarers and to encourage other seafarers in the merchant navy
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Less manning for seafarers
Very demanding plenty off work
Labor (Current Employee) –  Grand Isle, LASeptember 25, 2019
Good company to work for if you want to work plenty of hours to be worked very hot and demanding job great working environment good people to work with