bp Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,999 reviews
I was backup for the gas station so all I did was sit and get paid. Mostly I would help out costumers, but I would normally just be alone. I didn't really get to work when I want to, just 4 hours a day.
No evalúan a los empleados, solo se dejan llevar por chismes, sin corroborar información, no capacitan tampoco como una empresa que dice ser seria
Pros
Solo dan imss
Cons
No dan horario para comer
I enjoyed working at BP. Money was very good and the time off was excellent. Had a really good standard of living. Was dangerous but financial incentives were great.
Pros
Well paid. Lots of holidays
Cons
Long hours. Shift work. Work Xmas and New year etc
I loved working there. Great people and pay! Management was flexible and understanding and the owner is great. The store is clean and organized and very well run.
Pros
Pay
Pues que se tomarán un poco de tiempo para revisar las estaciones y que escuchen a la gente de piso
Management was horrible, when I made a complaint about stuff memebers being bullies I was told, "that's not an issue we have ever had before." I was basically brushed off when I made a serious complaint. There was multiple roster changes in a week (I'm talking about 5 or 6), the company goes through multiple staff and are always short staffed so other staff are made to make up for that fact.
Pros
The pay rate was fair
Cons
Unprofessional management, unrealistic expectations for hours and are always going through multiple staff for a reason
Good pay and benefits. Long hours 24/7/365 operation.90% boredom 10%chaos. When unit is running its great. Unit upset/start up/ shut downs can be chaotic and very stressful. Coworkers make all the difference.
Pros
Great Pay and Benifits
Cons
12hr shift work
Moved to various locations and was happy with the challenges and opportunities. Struggled with a slowly diminishing support functions though. Overall a good experience.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
fixed cost focus hurts safety and productivity
I have worked for bp for many years and I can only say what a joy it is to work for a company that listen! Management team at bp has changed over the years and now its stable and one that cares about the whole team. Very fun place to work and I can only say that I have witnessed management deal promptly with issues that arise quickly to avoid any escalation and further issues within the team.
Pros
50% staff lunch
Cons
Open on Christmas day
I work about 9.5 hours a day. I get n ok breaks or lunch. They don't give raises unless you can get into management. No benefits. You would have to pay for your own health coverage. They normally start people out about 8-8.50 an hour and don't give raises.
Cons
No breaks or lunch
bp currently has the feel of an old company. Most people have been at the company their entire careers and they even still have a pension program. However, company is going through a major reorg after the 2020 oil crash and CEO change. I have a feeling a lot of these old company benefits will go away and it'll become like all the other companies in most industries. Still overall good place and people are really nice. Hours aren't too bad.
Pros
compensation, culture, flexibility, low stress
Cons
shrinking industry, reorg's, antiquated systems and processes
I have noticed racism at many times. No reaction to the complaints made. Some people r smart enough to wisely waste their time by getting involved in activities for long time and this makes others to work more. Thanks
Pros
Team work
Cons
Too much work load
When they recognized I was a good candidate for promotion they moved quickly. Higher ups were supportive of the opportunity did not try to hold anyone back to keep their team strong.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Schedule
good company to work for. management is not very efficient. like to have more responsibilities and progress in my career. high turnover and no room for advancement.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
BP takes care of its workers by making sure the uniform is up to standard and they pay fair salary, I would recommend BP to job seekers. It's a professional garage
Pros
Les price for workers
Cons
Night shifts can be stressful sometimes, coz it's quite and you get sleepy
Accurately processing, matching and posting of intercompany transactions. Deal with group of Intercompany vendor accounts ensure financial results are produced to deadlines.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful
Great foundation for beginning career out. Management was the opposite of micromanaging. Easy place for collaboration while at the same time, for independent study.
I was charged with several projects, maintaining field measurement equipment, field automation and SCADA operations and as long as issues were resolved within a respectable amount of time there was no problems.
Pros
Family was always first
Cons
management was always changing
Loved working with all the customers, working night shifts I was the only person at the station. Operated the cash register, stocked shelves and cleaned inside and outside.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No healthcare
Great customer s,very social easy work load and fun staff.flexible hours and good skill development.very stable job,big plus on income, excellent responsibility of job role, good learning curve from every shift.great communication from other staff.professional procedures such as protocol.always something to do, something new to learn and plenty of friendships come with the job.morable moments to to hang on to.enjoyable job for any type of person.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Short shifts