BP Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,992 reviews
Horrendous place of work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NekoosaJune 14, 2019
From working a ridiculous amount of days in a row because the manager wont step up and help when short staffed, to no appreciation for covered shifts, and to favoritism and nepotism everywhere. Low pay. Un reliable staff that doesn't have each others backs at all.
I loved working there. The management was great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Steubenville OhioJune 14, 2019
I loved working at BP. The management was great. I love working with the public. The job was very easy. The custmers were great. Most of the customers were regulars so I knew most of them when they came in, whuch was nice.
Time consuming
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Falling Waters, WVJune 14, 2019
It is a up and down business, through out the day. There were fast times of a day and there where slow times. Be too.ing busy through out the day makes you look good and the boss look good
Pros
flexible
Cons
low paying
Fast paced environment with excellent customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WIJune 12, 2019
Management is willing to work with your schedule within reason. You will perform many physically laborious tasks for which you will receive just above minimum wage. You will learn nearly every facet of the store and how the business is run if you wish to excel. You must work holidays if required.
Pros
As many breaks as you need
Cons
Pay
Procurement and Supply Chain Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2019
Great place to work. The employees and manager are extremely approachable and helpful. The work culture is relaxed and conducive to high performance. I would recommend BP to everyone.
A good starting Job for students
Cashier/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2019
When i first got here in USA, It is really difficult for me to find a job, till i start working in BP gas station. BP is a great place to work specially for students who wants to work for the first time.
Pros
Not a fast pace, very relaxing
Productive and fun
CSR (Current Employee) –  Tumbi Umbi NSWJune 11, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people and working with an amazing team. A typical day is full of laughs, learning of new things, the hardest part is standing on your feet for long periods of time.
good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 11, 2019
Its a decent company to work for. The culture is getting better, the pay is decent. No major benefit package. Long hours to work. General Management depends on the store.
fast paced
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 10, 2019
fast pace, must bring your A game daily, Managers are nice and understanding, across from the mall so again its a bit busy.
since the food is free dont eat unhealthy food
Pros
free food
Cons
short bathroom breaks
BP have entered a new era in work management, they have seen the benefits of people working from home and actively encourage it.
Document Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079June 10, 2019
I personally enjoy the team ethic, working together, solving problems and issues as a team, this engenders team spirit and the project as a whole benefits from it.
Pros
Close proximity to home, great team spirit, a real diversity of engineering with a plethora of experience, which they are willing to share.
Cons
Not had a pay rise in 4 years
It only gets 1
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 7, 2019
It only gets 1 star because i have to give it stars. The manager had no idea really how to maintain a buisness. I honestly wondered why they didn't get rid of certain people despite the complaints against them.
Fun meeting the customers. Co workers and managers are not so great and could use work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 5, 2019
Management needs to be revised and treat employees better. which is why they have a high turn over rate. I loved the customers though. The managers work the employees to death and try to make them work over so they won't have to come in. The pay is definitely not worth the work and side work you have to do and the treatment you recieve.
Contract work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2019
I did contract work, the management of the contract team had an unreasonable expectation of people under him. He wasn't married nor had kids, so he expected everyone to work 24/7. I was even threatened of being fired when I had to leave to take my son from school to the ER due to an accident on an icy day. It's been years, I am not even sure the Contracted company works under BP anymore.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime, no time for family
Dissatisfaction
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 3, 2019
I would clock in and prep the deli meat and other food. than open start serving food. Management did not know what they were doing. The workplace is diverse. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the not so nice mangers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfied customers that were happy when they left.
it is nice and pure adventurous working at BP
Petrol Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria West, GautengMay 31, 2019
; We work hard
; we earn less wages
; we are not allowed to sleep even in our lunch time when we do night shifts
; as people are not the same BP got the nicest staff
; I learned a lot from being a petrol attendant like how to communicate with rude customers .
; beside low wages they pay us BP is such a lovely place to work in.
convinvient
placing orders
cashing up tills
Decent work environment
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2019
Very cut throat work environment. Must be willing to go above and beyond in order to be rewarded. Management doesn't usually listen to employees opinions.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAMay 28, 2019
BP is a unique fast paced work environment that allows potential employees to excel in many different areas. Employees are exposed to the lubricants, fuels, chemicals, process, packaging and production environments. You will be well rounded if your are offered the opportunity to work within the company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Pay Rate, Career Advancement
Cons
Long hiring process
Satisfactoria
Expendedor-Vendedor (Former Employee) –  Valencia, Valencia provinciaMay 28, 2019
Fue una experiencia satisfactoria, con un buen ambiente con mis compañeros.
management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 27, 2019
The higher level of management for this company is great at the time that I was working were amazing and great. However, they are no longer in that level or working for the company
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
lack of emloyees

51.2K