Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,968 reviews
I was backup for the gas station so all I did was sit and get paid. Mostly I would help out costumers, but I would normally just be alone. I didn't really get to work when I want to, just 4 hours a day.
Working several projects at a time.
Learned how to interface with multiple positions of authority in a positive and productive manner.

Project management Teams averaged a 3oo5 rating.

Workplace culture was interesting in a remote arctic environment
Pros
Living in a remote location and good food and seasonal wildlife
Cons
Organizational and work practice changes, Poor roll out of changes, Severe weather conditions
I'm willing to help passionately n also I'm punctual n not aggressive I can go extra miles for the job I'm given time doesn't matter if the job is not done
Pros
Passionate worker
Cons
Non aggressive
The whole process took months. the culture was horrible, no breaks for lunch , standing on your feet for more than 8 hours straight, no engaging from management, they don't care about the staff in the retail sector and don't address any concerns staff have. There's no respect for lower leaders from senior management and your not even acknowledged . The Pay is absolutely horrible.. Casual and part time staff earn more than an assistant manager who works full time hours .
Pros
there are no Pros, you pay for everything... there is absolutely NOTHING!!
Cons
long hours, no breaks, horrible pay, no respect as individuals
It was my first job i have worked and i gained more experience than ever,on the first place i was petrol attendant there after i became a cashier at the end a baker(Wild bean) we were knowing at 07:00 to 07:00 management was unpredictable some times happy other day not.
I enjoyed my Boss and fellow employees and dealing with the customers. I took pride in my work ethic and abilities. The hours were flexible when needed and I worked my tail off to prove my worth.
Pros
Free food and pop
Cons
Overnight hours could get boring
Working at BP was fine. It was hard to be a valued employee in a job that was very run-of-the-mill. I felt safe and advocated for most of the time. I was known by name in my location, and that was good enough for me.
The manager only gives you days even if planned months in advance if it fits her schedule; meaning she doesn’t have to come in. They didn’t have prices for more than half the things in the store you would have to look them up or go look on the system, but then wanted you to try to “up sell” and say you were in sales. You had to take your break as soon as u got there because you work alone , you close alone and it’s dark and bad things could easily happen. Snow rain or storm you have to get on top of a ladder and clean the pumps which I’m sorry it’s dangerous at night with no one else there with you. It’s very unprofessional even from manager up. They only care about sales, they do nothing to help locally, over charge for gas to cigarettes. I had nothing but complaints from loyal customers. I would NEVER work nor spend money at BP period!
The project that I was assigned to had strong team members. They were helpful and patient.

However the clients were ill prepared and not sufficiently technical enough for the project.
Pros
Nice working space, nice and helpful people, and nice cafeteria.
Cons
Gaps in education (technology), very strict management, lacking flexibility
Bp is a great company that provides a lot of support for staff. There are always opportunities for advancement and overall the teams work well together.
Pros
Staff discounts - flexible hours
Cons
Morning rushes can sometimes be stressfull
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
You have to have sell drive and energy for this Company. I could have contributed significantly!!

My background and skills were an excellent match for the role I had. I saw some other areas where I was also a good fit.

Too bad I got laid off due to CoronaVirus (I was a Contractor who had been recently hired)
Pros
A lot of opportunities to perform, create value, and solve problems
Cons
Large and fast, especially if you come from "small scale" background.
The job is stressful fast-paced constantly having to multitask can't get jobs to finish before starting another one not many team players if you're not a manager's favourite be prepared to get sworn at shouted at humiliated in front of staff and customers get stuck on tills for 7 and 1/2 hours unless your favourite then you get to do jobs no communication be prepared to work every weekend both days if you're not a favourite you can ask not to work a certain day but I'll make sure that you do not interested you have any health issues is supposed to serve customers do jobs cleaning the toilet make coffee and you get a nice thanks at the end of it if you got any sense I'm somewhere else to work
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Rude management need training in manners
Work for BP for many years, before being forced out by the bullying behaviour of line manager and HR.

The company claims that there is a “speak up culture” with no reprisal. BP puts a lot of emphasis is put on honest conversations and diversity. This is all talk with no action.

I suffered several years of bullying and discrimination. When I raised this with my line manager i was promised change and support - however, nothing happened. When I finally had a break down as a result again the only action taken was against myself.

I finally asked to leave and they made me sign a massive confidentiality agreement and agree to a lot of ongoing obligations. I did not receive appropriate compensation for this.

The company is not a nice environment. If they believe in honestly let people talk about their experiences at BP. It will support the change the culture needs.
Pros
Some very good professional people
Cons
All talk and no action
Falta de organizacion
Falta de comunicacion clara

Falta de valoracion al empleado

Falta de motivacion y desarrollo
Pros
Me gustaba el trato al cliente
Cons
Todo lo demas
Kind of slow. Workers were rude. Always on their phones didnt paya ttention to customers. Or their bathrooms. Didnt care for their workers ir customers
Je commençais souvent le matin avec peu de monde à la station donc je nettoyais celle-ci j'accueillais quelque client.
L'après-midi était plus chargé avec du facing, de la mise en rayons et généralement plus de client.
Pros
Enrichissant, Intéressant
Cons
Peu de point négatif à déplorer du fait que ce soit ma première expérience, peu de personne à certain moment
Very good company. Long house but it adveuntly pains of so its worth it in the long run. I worked there for over 2 years and enjoyed most of my work there
I recommend working for company bp they pay Good money look after staff and has good package for staffs. I have worked over 7 years for bp and the only.reason I.left because I move to out
Pros
Time flies
Cons
nothing
Got a lot of superstar staff and their work goes unnoticed with their effort input and consideration other staff members.
Managers occasionally undervalue staff opinion on a matters.

And could be more open to all staff reviews on the topics rather than just at owe.
Pros
A family like.friendly environment. Routine on shift.
Cons
Communication.consideration. criticism with no construction
Biztonságos, modern környezet, fejlett infrastruktúra
Megbízható, felelős, korrekt munkáltató

Cafeteria és egyéb juttatások, munkavállalókat támogató programok

Otthoni munkavégzés, work-life balance
I worked as night shift for 3 years and 6 months (11pm to 7am) with some days mixed in. during the night shift you are with one other member of staff and are given a lot of autonomy with no managers being there at night.

The hardest part of the job is in the morning sometimes (5 - 7am) when customers come in for a coffee even though there are like 5 - 7 people already waiting for there coffee to be made. while i'm making these the queue is leading out the store.

But this was my first job and I think this was a great place to work.
Pros
Free car washes, if you work nights you get your pick of the food waste to eat for lunch.
Cons
Stupid customers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K