Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,915 reviews
Did nothing but sit and get paid.
I was backup for the gas station so all I did was sit and get paid. Mostly I would help out costumers, but I would normally just be alone. I didn't really get to work when I want to, just 4 hours a day.
Bp sunbury
Great company to work for. I started here as a temp assignment hopeful I would be kept longer but the covid 19 epidemic meant cut backs had to be made at bp so extending my temp assignment via agency was not a possibility
Bp is a good place to work
I have worked for bp for many years, and progressed into management. Team members are trained/coached throughout, and with potential, go onto management roles. There is lots to do within a bp simply food, but it keeps you active.
Pros
We work as a team, helping each other, and can always approach HR for help.
Cons
Open 365 days a year.
productive and happy workplace
A day at BP consisted of productivity and fun and enlightening conversations with our customers and co-workers. I learned how manage a cash register and how to acknowledge customers issues and reviews. The workplace culture was always very refreshing and comfortable. The hardest part of working at BP, in my opinion, would have to be being able to deal with customers that would come in under the influence. The most enjoyable part of it was always having something to do.
a wonderful job
A really good atmosphere to work in. lovely customers very good, hard working team members and encoiuraging and supporting management a great place to work
Decent work place. Good job security
I've been a night shift for almost 8 years at the time of writing. It's a decent company if you like working in retail and forecourts. Plenty of work to do and the early/late shifts are working just as hard.
Jobs usually involve cleaning and tidying, facing up and checking dates on chilled.
Excelente
Buen ambiente laboral, fácil organización, crecimiento profesional, el general una buena empresa para laborar!
work place
Document your goals.
Regularly check in with your boss.

Track your work accomplishments.

Understand the ways in which you add value.

Look for opportunities to augment your impact.

Ask for support.

Become a model for constructive feedback.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
wel oke
vond het fijn werken al bots je snel met je mede collega's en is er, zoals op meerdere locaties, last van werkplaatsroddelen. vind het jammer dat ik er niet meer werk maar het was de beste keuze voor mij in het eind
Nice manager
This was just a job to pay the bills.No benefits. My previous job was assembling hot air dryers.It entailed reading prints and using a variety of hand and power tools.Building and wiring from start to fin8sh.
Good place
This is a Nice place to work with a laid back atmosphere, great management and they work well with my hours. It was also in a good location and the rest of the staff was welcoming and friendly.
Night Customer Service Assistant
The job was okay as a temporary part-time interim job but I don't recommend it as a permanent job. The job involved cleaning, restocking and serving customers. On the night shift, BP don't tend to have a manager on duty, only another customer service assistant and it was because of this that I felt that I did not get the training that I needed. The team on the site I was working at were friendly on the whole but the training and management communication were very poor. The overwhelming majority of customers were very nice, there were a few rude customers but this is par for the course in any retail job. The only other benefits were the half price lunch and staff discount.
Aww
Loved working here I was fired for something I truly didn’t do but other then that I loved working here seeing new people hanging out with our other co workers aww so awesome
Supervisors can make or break you
After working for nearly a decade at BP, holding a variety of roles in various departments, I experienced great joy and great disappointment. My biggest takeaway is that your manager (or the leadership of your department) can pave the way to either your success, stagnation or demise. Change was constant the entire time I was there and during some of the hardest times (oil spill era), I had phenomenal leaders who fostered my progress and growth. Yet, as the company began downsizing, I encountered 'managers' who had no backbone or clue on how to grow or represent their employees' capabilities.

I was extremely loyal to the company and believed in their values, because the majority of staff embodied them. However, it only takes one or two 'difficult' clashes to put you outside of the cliques and then you are managed out, demeaned and made to feel you are incompetent. Although they bring you to the team as the subject matter expert, others who have no clue about the discipline are allowed to influence decisions based on their 'feelings.' They attempt to gaslight you, and it's a known tactic they use to get people to quit instead of firing them. If you are seriously considering an offer from BP, know that it's just a 'job' not a career; you are expendable; don't miss your valuable family life for work success; negotiate your salary and benefits because they will attempt to low ball you and have you do more than the prior person did for less. Be prepared for constant change and don't be one to buck the status quo unless you have high-profile leaders that 'have your back.'

It
 - more...
Busy workplace
Working in a garage can be very busy one minute and dead quiet the next. Apart from staffing the tills, you have to keep on top of the food and shelf filling and watch out for shoplifters and drive outs. BP are hot on teaching the relevant legislation but the daily running of the garage is usually down to the shift manager. Get a good one and no problem but get a bad one and nobody wants to do any work for him/her.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
24/7/365 operation and sometimes not enough staff
Not fairly treated,
Jobs for pals and friebds, hidden agendas, do not practice wat is written.
Managers are not supportive

U are victimised by certain managers

Hr do not make fair decisions

They used the legal process to victimise

The managers have their favourites
Solid company- be prepared for re-organization
Bp is an amazing company. They are financially sound, they want to be great. But, the company is constantly re/organizing and Constantly bringing in foreign nationals to run the US market. These people are great but lack US expertise. Also, there’s a culture of constant re/organization. Be prepared to excel or be forced to move on.
Good one
It was good experience. My leads are very helpful and nice towards me.They are good English people. Omani's and some Indians are come as their subordinates,everything becomes not as well before.
Attractive Remuneration and Benefits, Reliable and Stable Long Term Employment
Wonderful place to work in if you're seeking job security and considerable remuneration. office politics is slightly skewed but manageable. Company structure is very structured and rigid with limited opportunity for movement atypical of oil companies. but overall a good place to provide for family until you age well into retirement.
No work-life balance
I worked at BP as a contractor. While many of the people were good to work with, the ones that weren't were bad in big ways so it overshadowed the good. Some managers were known to be problems yet were allowed to stay in their positions and treat people disrespectfully and unprofessionally. The manager I worked with most had no issue with providing comments on a document we prepared every week at the close of business on Wednesday and just expected me to stay late on that day every week, which was a hardship. I ended up completing my initial contract term and moving on when it was obvious work-life balance and good culture was talked about but not really lived.
Management needs oversight
Poor Store manager. Hire date was 8/19-3/20/2020 was my end date. Enjoyed my customers, they really made my day. Have a racist environment at Store.ok!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K