Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant36 reviews
Dependant on the level you sit at is how this company value your work life balance, Management work from home frequently when the grunts of the business must attend the office irrelevant to what they have on in their home life. Alot of double standards more a do as i say not as i do culture
It is a great place to work with great benefits, wonderful people to work with and many changing technologies that you learn new things all of the time. Management is very supportive and encouraging. The hardest part is sometimes keeping up with all the changes. What I enjoy most and will miss the most will be my co-workers.
Not interesting, lack of communication with employers, always not in a mood to go to work.I learnt that at workplace I've to do my job only not looking for someone to do it
Worked with a variety of individuals that collectively brought a lot to the team. The company is very family friendly and accommodating. Peers are often easy to get along with and work with.
Its has great workplace culture, but management destroys it. Coming from a job in which i was in charge of pretty much everything it was an abrupt change that i had to only "work" for a couple of hours and i was done. To much unnecessary procedures.
Environment was friendly and team oriented. Kept me busy. Enjoyable position to have. There was a variety of opportunities for advancement. Ability to work from home if needed or so desired.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
company wide lay offs
The company was going through some changes; buy-outs/ eliminated Jobs roles and cutting hours. It was a hard time for me just having a baby and knowing that I will be losing my job.
Worked with great people. Opportunity to sit in on meetings to learn about the progress of the local project. The variety of work over the time contracted to BP was interesting and expansive.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
BP is an international company that has, over the years, groomed many entry level employees for management. They have provided (actually required much of this) opportunities to be trained in areas that allowed for advancement. They allowed a flexible work schedule within the guidelines of the different departments. There were many amenities on campus (cafeteria, coffee shops, wellness medical center, childcare center, gym/fitness center, walking paths) which were available to all employees and contractors. The compensation programs, vacation guidelines and bonus structures made for an excellent employment package.
Pros
Employment guidelines, attention to safety
Cons
Oil and gas industry, subject to economy downturns.
Safety was a huge priority Fellow coworkers were always pleasant to work with Great company to work for and learn a lot from The job offered plenty of challenges to constantly learn more
I loved this short term opportunity. I answered the phones, assisted with travel itineraries, took pictures of famous Olympic medalist with BP employees, assisted in the athlete agreements, filed, order goods for my department, heavy mailing and shipping.
Pros
Meeting former Olympians, and being around professional people
Cons
The opportunity was only short-term.
great team to work for, learned a lot and i loved the feeling of people depended on me and i was able to follow through for them. When I made my team look good I looked good also, it's great feeling
Pros
allowed overtime
Cons
not enough hours in a day to get your workload done
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. A melting pot of people from all different places. Great place to work. Lots of possibility for transfer and exploration of different positions.
A typical day at work was arriving at the building early so you could meet up with other employees in the break room before the official work day begins. The majority of the Managers were very professional.
Enjoyed my time at BP, I was wanting a career and choose to leave to pursue my love of the medical field. Safety oriented company despite the issue in the gulf
Great people; management not so great interesting work, long commute. people are very friendly work environment is okay, work hours are okay as well. Overall average place to work.
Preparing Calendar for the week, set up lunches for 4 teams, along with mail outs, AFE entries and daily owner relations calls. I work in the Land department and we deal with the onshore wells along with real estate and mineral owners
Pros
Health Care, Vacation- Workplace is friendly atmosphere and we all work well together
Cons
You never know when your job will be cut with this new company being detached from big BP
Loved my job as a Administrative Assistant, great work environment, treated employees with respect. The company downsized and my job was moved to another state.
Pros
Flex hours, great work environment
Cons
Company downsized
Great compensation and benefits. Good management. Ability to attend classes to enhance job performance. Yearly bonuses. Increasing vacation time with number of years.
Pros
Benefit
Cons
Job secuity
Working with my team made it easy to show up and perform at an optimal level everyday. I multitask efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment. I confidently managed multiple interactions and provided vital support to Managers, Team Leaders and Individual Contributors in calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting logistics, business expense statements, and invoices. I have managed work to meet multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Pros
Fast-paced and engaging.
Cons
Multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Provided administrative support, including mail, reception, supplies, office machine rental contracts, filing, vehicle usage reporting, timesheet auditing, accounts payable, credit card reconciliations, and employee expenses. Supported HR department. Trained junior administrative staff and delivered safety orientation for new hires and on-site vendors. Participated in ERP exercises.
Pros
Good Management.