Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier383 reviews
Pay window not the best. No direct deposit options. Paper checks late in afternoon. Just got message saying pay checks delayed because company paid taxes before paying employees. With covd19, I've lost over 16 hrs. Now can't get paid. Not once has my manager came to me to talk about it and see how the company can help out or assist me in unemployment. That's just shows how important we are to this company. Got
Poor management, lack of communication, no concern for employees or there safety just store, work schedule posted day before the new work week never in advance
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Work schedule posted day before new work week
After working for BP for almost 2 years it definitely had its ups and downs like with any job, but for the most part, it definitely keeps you on your toes.
A typical day work its cool. I just believe in a business like this the workers should get paid more, its a gas station they make a lot. I learned at this job you have to be careful because of the customers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breakes
Great and friendly place to work if you had questions everyone would try to help to answer them.If someone needed a day off they were allowed to call someone in that wanted to cover there shift
Pros
Discount
Cons
The owner was a very kind hearted person. If I needed anything he was there to help. Very flexible schedule if that's what you need. Customers where great.
I learned a lot from working at BP, one of the main things that I learned was customer service and how to communicate with people from different countries and different way of thinking.
Laid back job. Mostly there by yourself. Time for work and self. All employees got along. Manager was great. Time was never an issue. Dealing straight with the public.
Its was not a good career in the future for me so i decided to leave the gas station and start working somewhere else so now i am lyft driver and making more money but still looking for a job that has more benefits and more salary
Building was sticky. A lot of issues with funds being transferred with cashier. Customers complains about the gas and or service. A few of the pumps were always out of service.
Pros
being paid
Cons
climate, pay, establisment
It was a good job but very unorganized just a opportunity to make ends meat. It's been awhile since I have been working with bp and nothing much that I can say
Pros
Pay
Cons
Out of bussiness
When i come into work i would clock in and log into my computer and then I would go to my cash register and then i would ring my up my customers and give them gas or anything they wanted. I learned leadership. i could see myself as manager one day. I loved working with people. Nothing was hard but the rude customers but all i would do was smile and by the time they left my store i would make them smile..
Having retired from full time employment secured this position on a part time basis. Fully experienced in a sales enviroment for over 30 plus years the position applied for was totally suitable. Customer based in a very busy environment involving fuel sales along with mini supermarket style shopping under the Spa banner. Required to carry out regular health and safety, first aid, and fire and security sessions duly certified...
Pros
Cons
Eight hour shifts
Only worked there a short time after BP took over and it was not a pleasure to work there. The pumps had just gotten changed before I left and customers were having a hard time figuring them out.
Pros
New equipement.
Cons
New company taking over and uncertain of what was going to happen.
I really tried to enjoy my experience with my first job, and it was almost possible with the mostly-friendly customers and easy workload. However, it was the manager, who worked the shift after me, that made my night shift a complete nightmare. After the first week until the day I quit, she would come in to relieve me hours late. It made it impossible to have a regular sleep schedule and was incredibly stressful for me.
Pros
Easy workload
Cons
Bad Management
There was so much to do at all times which didn't bother me at all, I loved how fast paced it was; it made the time go by quick and the shifts were more than bearable. It helped me deal with rude customers and how to keep up with inventory.
Pros
Long lunch and quick work day
Cons
Closing late
This job has refreshed my cashier skills as well as dealing with unhappy customers. I was the only one there and ran everything from lottery to stocking shelves and coolers, cleaning parking lot, emptying outside trash cans as well as cleaning inside the store and the bathroom.
it ok too work there you meet everyone you know in the community and that could be a downfall personally, I was able to walk to work from my house which was a good thing about working there
Pros
you know everyone in the community
Cons
I was able to walk 6 mintues to work
i learned a lot while working here. All the staff are amazing and treated all of their co workers with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all the different types of people.
I didn’t mind working with my coworkers! I miss them! I just had to move. I’ve been wanting to leave for a while. They just don’t have any benefits, and I had 4 weeks paid vacations, and been there for so long. I needed something different and I’m getting older.
Pros
Very nice coworkers!
Cons
No health benefits or vacuum pay.
I worked overnight which was difficult at first but it became easy overly time. I worked the cash register and the outside lot each day with changing trash sweeping and mopping ect