How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

bp Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier383 reviews
Came in a 10pm and worked till 7am. Helped customers till 1 or 2 in between customers I would clean and stock store take trash out sweep and mop. About 5am I would make coffee and food clean gas pumps off and get ready for the end of my shift count out my register.
Pros
free coffee, one free meal per day at work.
Cons
no breaks, or health care
Very nice training provided, very clean and energetic place to work , good customer service, get good benefits like health, free coffee and fountain drink
A typical day at work would be running the cash register,restocking drinks in the freezer,cleaning the bathroom,keep tabs on the cigarette inventory etc
Customers were always great to me, as where the other associates. Had a blast working here for the short time that I did. Would highly recomend this place to someone else!
Pros
Good customers
Cons
occasional rude customer
The gas station recently underwent new management. And all changes have been for the better. The site is changing so the need help. The location is on the edge of town so it is very easy to obtain regular customers. BP Gas personnel that will train you on all functions.
Pros
Paid breaks and basset training
Management is a joke,Managers behave in childlike fashion, shady activity by assistant manager, assistant manager known to turn tricks for cash in parking lot and came to work on many occasions high
Pros
Advance on pay check
Cons
Unclean and attracts the rougher crowd
This was fun but not enough hours and pay stays same for a year, there are no benefits here. moving up wasn't an option here.The management was good , just hours was not enough .
Pros
discounts on items, liked seeing happy customers
Cons
Not enough hours
Opening at 7, greeting customers as they walk in, helping anyone that needs assistance. I learned how to be a better businessperson. Workplace culture is very relaxed.
Usually busy but fun because coworkers interact with one another by making conversation when there were no costumes. Manager would check once a day if everything was fine.
Pros
Pay lowest prices on things
Cons
no breaks
Staaf there is nice to work with and the management was very freindly and profetional,salary was so reasonable i had no complain on it,i realy enjoyed.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
Safe working environment.. Great Team work.. Great Customers..
Love helping customers... Great Mangers .. I learn to make sure my customers are satisfied in their decision
Pros
longer breaks
Cons
health
There is nothing to enjoy about BP except for the time you don't do much of anything, which is most of your shift, you get to study or relax. keeping up with cleaning and all takes no more than 30 minutes total and barely anyone comes in. I am in school and BP does not work with my schedule except when it is convenient for them only.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I loved this place everyone was like one big happy family working together as a team even the customers was a joy I so enjoyed working with the ladies at Bp
Pros
team work
Cons
I learned to knw different kind of customers and to be kind and frendly to the customers and knw the regular customers .I learned to work with different people both girls and boys and learned to understands my manager when if she was underpressuer
Pros
Launcher sometime if it not to busy
Cons
Longhours
This was one of my favorite jobs! It made my bad days good when I came into work and saw the smiles on my co-workers, managers, and customers faces. There's daily duties that you have to complete before clocking out at the end of your shift so this job taught me a lot about time management and taking on responsibility.
Pros
Happy work environment, great management
Cons
not a lot of hours
The people at this BP are very laid back. They train you correctly. Understanding management. The job was easy as long as you are a friendly cashier. The customers are understaning as long as you explain the issues you are having.
I liked working with the public, but not working nights. It did not pay very well.
The hardest part was working at nights. I did not like it.

I liked working with people, and meet new people everyday.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
Did not like it
Job itself is easy enough, counting, inventory, managing your register. The store Manager was awful, and holds no authority. She was too busy sticking her nose in other local stores to handle the problems happening at her own. Coworkers were great, bonded together against poor management.
good place to work part time and have lots of learning experience with public. you ring up sales and help people in store with problems.
working with mangers and tell the custom what sells the best in fireworks.stocking and price items that we sell.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no health care or benfits
the people that run it are not nice and dont allow certasin types of people to work for them. Have to remain in one spot all day which is not good for your legs and feet.
Pros
Cons
everything
Busy allways doing something.working with a lot of different attitudes taught me to be very patient and respect all of my coworkers and patrons.the job itself was a learning process. I enjoyed working with the people the patrons just being able to help.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
enventory being short.