Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier383 reviews
Pay window not the best. No direct deposit options. Paper checks late in afternoon. Just got message saying pay checks delayed because company paid taxes before paying employees. With covd19, I've lost over 16 hrs. Now can't get paid. Not once has my manager came to me to talk about it and see how the company can help out or assist me in unemployment. That's just shows how important we are to this company. Got
Working at the 5 star BP in Mukwonago, was a rather dull job experience, the work load was repetitive and uninvolved leading to many hours of boredom and standing around, and many irate customers who are quite often impatient when they can't figure out how to pump gas. The only redeeming quality of the position was the ability to converse with many customers that were regulars and helping to brighten their day.
Pros
Positive customer experiences
Cons
minimum pay, no benefits, boring and repetitive work, Irate customers taking frustrations out on employees
I started with bp in the mid 80's.I was just a cashier then. Then after about 2 years dennis the guy that I became a my partner later. He offered me a job being his assistant.And we started as a team working for bp in the louisville area. We worked at many locations. Then we started with short stop. I guess I was in retail for about 10 to 15 years before I got married and moved to tn.
Pros
Bp is ok
Cons
Very fast paced
Great work Environment, good management, friendly customers, great regulars, terrible pay, no benefits. Overall Bp is a great place to work for a part time low paying job.
Pros
Great management, friendly people
Cons
Bad pay no benefits
They hired me saying they would let me sit when needed due to an ankle injury but both managers would never allow me to. I stood 8-10 hours a day crying of pain
Pros
Free drinks from soda fountain
Cons
No breaks
I like working there. It isn't to hard but is not to easy. My managers are great and supportive. And an overall great environment to work in. Great customers.
Pros
Flexiable schedule, supportive managers
Cons
Not enough pay.
people coming for gas in and out all day shopping for groceries in and out all day stocking inventory and cleaning all day eight hours a day customers were very polite
Its ok for a temporary position, not for a career.
This is a convenience store, this is not much to tell about it.

It is only part time and requires for little experience.
Pros
Cons
No Benefits
Working in the petrol station I found good , as I made a lot of friends , regular customers who came to look out for me as I worked alone , it was hard work but enjoyable at the same time
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Bad managerment
Small town business that thrives on giving the best local experience. Some issues with employee relations being addressed in a timely manner but over all a good place to work.
Although the pay is just a little over minimum wage at BP gas station with no benefits, I think it's better than being unemployed and homeless. I ca say at least I have something to hang on to while searching for a better paying job.
It wasn't what I was hoping for. It was an ok envierment. The emploeys were rude. The store was not kept up on its cleaning. It was okay not very chalenging
It's not for everyone in the aspect of employment. I guess the experience is what you make it but to me it depends on the location. It could be better.
I've worked anywhere between noon-11 pm. Management was a few really nice people. They're definitely really great people to work for. There wasn't anything too hard to do just things most people can do.
Pros
Easy work, nice management team and owners
Cons
Don't get any benefits
This job taught me allot of things that im thankful to now know. I believe it bettered my customer service skills greatly and showed me that management may be an option for me in my future.
Pros
Discounts and the staff was like family.
Cons
The location was in a not so great area which lead to not do great customer interactions.
I was working a day shift nd nightshift sometimes nd overtime nd a i have expiriance for3years im always smiling wth a customer and tell them about the special we have
Pros
my lunch box
Cons
day nd night
Awesome place to work pay was nice not a hard job worked while I was pregnant on 3rd shift another place tht is no longer around all around good place of employment
I dont remember much. It has been years since i worked there and i was only there for a couple of months. I do remember that it was interesting working at a gas station for the first time.
Working the night shifts usually involved serving customers through the hatch where as a cashier you would have to do the running around and retrieve the products for the customers.
There was not much communication with the customers, so that was the only downside to the job, as by the time customers were allowed to come inside the shop my shift would usually finish.

Night shifts involved, serving, stocking, cleaning, stock room duties, basically I would get the shop ready for the morning rush and repeat duties the next day which were probably the hardest parts of the job but were obligatory and had to be done.

When i began the job, I think within a month I had learned quite a lot in terms of paper work, taking fuel delivery etc, which were mostly a managerial roles job, and within a year I am able to complete most manager tasks and have been approached by the manager for a partnership role on a different site.

The only downside to the job is that when there is a drive off (Bilking) or any mistakes made with paperwork you have to cover the costs of what ever has been stolen or what has been fined, which I think is not acceptable and against the law (workers rights).

but overall it is a friendly environment and if you do as told, mix in and communicate with other work colleagues it is quite enjoyable.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay fr drive offs
Great job and company to work for. The problem is the work life balance, this is due to the lack of staff. Current management working on limited staff.
Bp filling station its not a gud place to work for u work der more hours n dey pay u less money even if u have over times u not getting that money or it might short
Pros
Shortfalls