BP Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 367 reviews matching the search See all 3,804 reviews
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2017
Awesome place to work pay was nice not a hard job worked while I was pregnant on 3rd shift another place tht is no longer around all around good place of employment
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West MidlandsJuly 20, 2017
Working the night shifts usually involved serving customers through the hatch where as a cashier you would have to do the running around and retrieve the products for the customers.
There was not much communication with the customers, so that was the only downside to the job, as by the time customers were allowed to come inside the shop my shift would usually finish.

Night shifts involved, serving, stocking, cleaning, stock room duties, basically I would get the shop ready for the morning rush and repeat duties the next day which were probably the hardest parts of the job but were obligatory and had to be done.

When i began the job, I think within a month I had learned quite a lot in terms of paper work, taking fuel delivery etc, which were mostly a managerial roles job, and within a year I am able to complete most manager tasks and have been approached by the manager for a partnership role on a different site.

The only downside to the job is that when there is a drive off (Bilking) or any mistakes made with paperwork you have to cover the costs of what ever has been stolen or what has been fined, which I think is not acceptable and against the law (workers rights).

but overall it is a friendly environment and if you do as told, mix in and communicate with other work colleagues it is quite enjoyable.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay fr drive offs
understaffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winchester, HampshireJuly 15, 2017
Great job and company to work for. The problem is the work life balance, this is due to the lack of staff. Current management working on limited staff.
Not a good place
cashier (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengJuly 15, 2017
Bp filling station its not a gud place to work for u work der more hours n dey pay u less money even if u have over times u not getting that money or it might short
Pros
Shortfalls
I was a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 10, 2017
So it was pretty laid back and easy until things go wrong. the moment things go wrong everyone plays the blame game bc the manager is so quick to fire someone to cover their tracks.
Customers are great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 6, 2017
Didnt like working here. no advancement oppurtunities, no raises. customers are great and made the time i worked there worth it, no benifits, worked 2 years with making minimum wage
Exhausting work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJuly 2, 2017
50% convenience store, 50% lottery. People not wanting to listen or are already focused on their phone.Hardest part is trying to keep up with people when they can't or won't say things the way they need to be said. Current tobacco laws making it more stressful while many customers refuse to understand.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, entitlements
flexable sceduling,differant locations
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee) –  Hartland, MIJune 29, 2017
fast paste, nice customers, great place for beginners, reasonable pay, high chance of moving up the ladder, most bps are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. job requires some lifting but only to restock shelf and coolers.
Warning dead end job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJune 19, 2017
The owners of this store are horrible people to work for !!
I worked there for 2 years. Never once received a raise( I did get a free car wash coupon on Christmas day after my work shift) You are required to work all holidays they do not work with you on time off. They make it very clear you are the help and very expendable. Always worked 3 to 11pm I would get left there by myself untill 3:30am or 4 in the morning if the third shift person didn't show up because the manager didn't want to come in. If you left you didn't have a job this didn't happen just once it happened many times!! They also own Hometown Hardware.
Pros
None!
Cons
No break, owners, holiday work, no raise
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 17, 2017
The company has been around over 25 years and during this time I have had the pleasure of meeting people. The serve breakfast and lunch in the establishment .
Pros
Get vacation
Cons
No benefits
Wonderful place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenville, WIJune 14, 2017
Wonderful management and flexible hours. Highpay, and raises every 3-6 months. Reviews are timely, and shifts are 6 hours long. Perks would be being connected to a McDonald's.
Pros
High wage
Cons
Short breaks
BP Stress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 6, 2017
The area was conducive to some shady characters and yet was a great learning experience in terms of customer service. The typical night shift would include cleaning, cashiering, as well as restocking.
Pros
Free Dunkin
Cons
Scheduling
Quick paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOJune 5, 2017
This was a job that you had to be up and ready from the time you clocked in. I enjoyed the quick pace of the job though at times could be overwhelming. I enjoyed our regular customers and meeting new ones. I enjoyed being able to do the paper work and being taught the little office work that came along with it.
Good environment to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 30, 2017
Typical days at work usually consist of working the cash register, cleaning and stocking, and doing all other jobs that need to be done. It is possible to do this by yourself in a weekend setting but working with other people is more preferred. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I was able to work with other people, it made the job less mentally draining.
productive,clean fun place to work with great prices
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Baltimore, MI 48047May 15, 2017
greeting customers, hepling the customer find what they needed, answer any questions that the customers asked, cashier, stocked was a typical day at work.
i learned from working at BP that keeping the gas station clean and talking and smiling with the customers is what i was good at.
The management at BP were amazing and treated me very well.
The hardest part of the job at the gas station was stocking in the freezer because it was so cold and you had to be in the freezers and coolers for an hour.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers.
Pros
discount on gas
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced environment to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
Working overnight was a tad bit slow for an individual such as myself, but the day shift was booming with customers. Near downtown, very busy environment.
Not a good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMay 5, 2017
Unfortunately the image of this place looking as though it's great to work at is all a lie. I can honestly say that in no way did the good days outweigh the bad. Unfortunately management just didn't care enough and let other employees do or not do whatever they want. To be perfectly honest the place is a joke.
very busy place to work
Cashier, Licensed Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 3, 2017
It s very busy every day. Helping customers with credit cards, debit cards and reward cards issues. Right now the merchandises are not moving that fast. Usually we sell $200 to $300 worth of merchandise per shift.
It was like home i was happy to work at Bp
Casher and a chief (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, GautengMay 1, 2017
It was a good job ,good management everything was just wonderful .I'll love to see my self working back there at BP garage again.you know what I did love ma bosses Oo TAALMAR AND JAAPIE the love every how working there
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No long hours
Fast paced environment, Great co workers and Managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJApril 22, 2017
Based off of my work experience with BP, I enjoyed working well with my co workers and was able to perform my duties and provide excellent customer care for any and all customers. The workplace is stress free and management was always helpful if needed. I did not find any difficulties completing some of the requirements for the job or daily tasks. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job at the time was getting to know some of the customers that I serviced on a daily basis and providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Friendly management and co workers
Cons
N/a

51.5K