How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

bp Employee Reviews for Cashier

Pay window not the best. No direct deposit options. Paper checks late in afternoon. Just got message saying pay checks delayed because company paid taxes before paying employees. With covd19, I've lost over 16 hrs. Now can't get paid. Not once has my manager came to me to talk about it and see how the company can help out or assist me in unemployment. That's just shows how important we are to this company. Got
So it was pretty laid back and easy until things go wrong. the moment things go wrong everyone plays the blame game bc the manager is so quick to fire someone to cover their tracks.
Didnt like working here. no advancement oppurtunities, no raises. customers are great and made the time i worked there worth it, no benifits, worked 2 years with making minimum wage
50% convenience store, 50% lottery. People not wanting to listen or are already focused on their phone.Hardest part is trying to keep up with people when they can't or won't say things the way they need to be said. Current tobacco laws making it more stressful while many customers refuse to understand.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, entitlements
fast paste, nice customers, great place for beginners, reasonable pay, high chance of moving up the ladder, most bps are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. job requires some lifting but only to restock shelf and coolers.
The owners of this store are horrible people to work for !! I worked there for 2 years. Never once received a raise( I did get a free car wash coupon on Christmas day after my work shift) You are required to work all holidays they do not work with you on time off. They make it very clear you are the help and very expendable. Always worked 3 to 11pm I would get left there by myself untill 3:30am or 4 in the morning if the third shift person didn't show up because the manager didn't want to come in. If you left you didn't have a job this didn't happen just once it happened many times!! They also own Hometown Hardware.
Pros
None!
Cons
No break, owners, holiday work, no raise
The company has been around over 25 years and during this time I have had the pleasure of meeting people. The serve breakfast and lunch in the establishment .
Pros
Get vacation
Cons
No benefits
Wonderful management and flexible hours. Highpay, and raises every 3-6 months. Reviews are timely, and shifts are 6 hours long. Perks would be being connected to a McDonald's.
Pros
High wage
Cons
Short breaks
The area was conducive to some shady characters and yet was a great learning experience in terms of customer service. The typical night shift would include cleaning, cashiering, as well as restocking.
Pros
Free Dunkin
Cons
Scheduling
This was a job that you had to be up and ready from the time you clocked in. I enjoyed the quick pace of the job though at times could be overwhelming. I enjoyed our regular customers and meeting new ones. I enjoyed being able to do the paper work and being taught the little office work that came along with it.
This was truly a great place to work. The people were very kind and helpful. Management was good understanding. Then it changed hand and everything Went bad and they closed.
Pros
My co workers
Cons
Changed hands
Typical days at work usually consist of working the cash register, cleaning and stocking, and doing all other jobs that need to be done. It is possible to do this by yourself in a weekend setting but working with other people is more preferred. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I was able to work with other people, it made the job less mentally draining.
greeting customers, hepling the customer find what they needed, answer any questions that the customers asked, cashier, stocked was a typical day at work. i learned from working at BP that keeping the gas station clean and talking and smiling with the customers is what i was good at. The management at BP were amazing and treated me very well. The hardest part of the job at the gas station was stocking in the freezer because it was so cold and you had to be in the freezers and coolers for an hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers.
Pros
discount on gas
Cons
not enough hours
Working overnight was a tad bit slow for an individual such as myself, but the day shift was booming with customers. Near downtown, very busy environment.
Unfortunately the image of this place looking as though it's great to work at is all a lie. I can honestly say that in no way did the good days outweigh the bad. Unfortunately management just didn't care enough and let other employees do or not do whatever they want. To be perfectly honest the place is a joke.
It s very busy every day. Helping customers with credit cards, debit cards and reward cards issues. Right now the merchandises are not moving that fast. Usually we sell $200 to $300 worth of merchandise per shift.
It was a good job ,good management everything was just wonderful .I'll love to see my self working back there at BP garage again.you know what I did love ma bosses Oo TAALMAR AND JAAPIE the love every how working there
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No long hours
Based off of my work experience with BP, I enjoyed working well with my co workers and was able to perform my duties and provide excellent customer care for any and all customers. The workplace is stress free and management was always helpful if needed. I did not find any difficulties completing some of the requirements for the job or daily tasks. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job at the time was getting to know some of the customers that I serviced on a daily basis and providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Friendly management and co workers
Cons
N/a
Fun job, not very hard, fun coworkers, good workplace it is very clean and bosses seem to be always very nice and respect you. A lot standing so be careful if you have hard times with that.
The hardest part of the job for me was working 3rd shift. The management was great I learned how to stock shelves and stock the cooler. On most days I just had to wait on customers, make coffee, and keep the store clean.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
short breaks
It wasnt really alot to do to keep yourself busy. I overall liked it because i got to meet new people and was remembering the regulars what the get...