Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Cashier

Busy, worked over nights
Came in a 10pm and worked till 7am. Helped customers till 1 or 2 in between customers I would clean and stock store take trash out sweep and mop. About 5am I would make coffee and food clean gas pumps off and get ready for the end of my shift count out my register.
Pros
free coffee, one free meal per day at work.
Cons
no breaks, or health care
good
I enjoyed working a bp sometimes it would be stressful but it keeps you on your toes. I enjoyed meeting new people every day and also making friends with all the regulars and always having a friendly ear if they ever needed someone to talk to
Friendly work place
Friendly staff and customers

Easy job to do

Can get really busy but everyone works as a team and help each other out when needed
BP was a fair job to work at
The job at BP was okay.The only dislikes was some of the people i worked with were very rude.Besides that i liked my job there it would have been better for me if maybe it had a new manager.
Worst job ever
This was the worst job ever. Manay was very poor. They didn't care if you was sick, and didn't care of you was at work vomiting they still wanted you to stay.
No ping pong table
Suggestive sales, asking for ID for: Alcohol & tobacco products, being very careful with 50"s & 100' bills. Being accurate and working in a timely manner. Making eye contact with the customers and also very polite. Also being very alert while working to avoid shoplift. I always was working the afternoon shift alone, and the hardest part of the job was Friday evening cause was excessively crowdy, no dinner brake, customers were no knowing on what pump number were theirs vehicles. I learned to br very patient.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
NO lunch brake, no health care
I loved working at BP
I started out as a cook fried chicken doing potato logs and other side I love working at BP then I started at as a cashier. I cleaned around the store and did everything everything else that was needed sometimes I would take other employees spot when they didn't wouldn't come in it was teamwork at that BP andthat'mejwhat made our job e
busy .responsible. communications
tips according good customers service related to consumers. always smile. communications. knowing your customers needs. respond body language.remind your customers about the specials
Good manager and fun workplace
Very good workplace employees and manager were great to work with for the most part. Would definitely work there again the head office person could have been a little more buisness and professional.
Pros
Got to spend a certain amount in the store each week.
Cons
Short breaks
Salary,working hours, nepotism
They must change working hours and the salary the cost of living is too high,their management must be trained how to treat the staff,and nepotism,safety
Great.
I have a very good experience of working as a team and worked for a long time of period with peace full environment. It is great to have a job here but the reason I left the company is for more pay and convenient shifts.
Liked the mangement
I was hired by one manger who ended up transferring stores I liked working for her, but once she left the new manger didn't want to give me any hours.
Wonderful
It was a wonderful opportunity and experience. Teaches me a lot how to deal with customers and what to expect and what not do. I had a wonderful time meeting new persons as well.
Productive and fun work place.
It was fun environment to work in.The Boss,Managers and Supervisors treated employees with respect and equally.There were staff competitions and cash.
Pros
Free gifts during the festive
Manager problems
The manager there is very immature. He’s not fair and does not stick to his words. He can be described and petty and a bully to some of the employees.
Great job for college students
Was a great job for someone with little to no responsibilities loved the company jus pay was low management was awesome very flexible if ever needed a second job would go back
Awesome place
BP is an awesome place. The employees are like family to one another. I absolutely loved working here. The only downside is no benefits but other than that it’s perfect.
Boring and long shifts
The pay was terrible with long hours. I was bored out of my mind most of the shift. It's a good job for someone who wants money but doesn't want to do much.
Best paying
Start at 9 after training its 10 and as long no call offs for the week nor being late u get 1 dollar bonus easy job and not stress ful at all great to work for
Good starting job for someone over 21
Great people. Get to know your customers well. Can be pretty fast paced, depending on location. From personal experience not too much room for growth at the smaller stores.
Work experience
I like the experience and it was the first time I ever work in a shop.
The skills I learned:

Confident working with vulnerable people

Interpersonal skills