Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Cashier

Pay window not the best. No direct deposit options. Paper checks late in afternoon. Just got message saying pay checks delayed because company paid taxes before paying employees. With covd19, I've lost over 16 hrs. Now can't get paid. Not once has my manager came to me to talk about it and see how the company can help out or assist me in unemployment. That's just shows how important we are to this company. Got
It's really not to much to say.. I work the late night shift and you just have be up and ready to work. I clean the store and I have restock the coffee and make sure the cooler stick that bout it..
Pros
It's a easy job.
Cons
The pay is not to good.
the boss and his wife always allowedme to bring my daughter to work and put her in her pack and play behind the counter. they knew i was a single mother with no help and i needed a job to provide for my daughter and make a living they were amazing peple
The company is very welcoming, the staff and management are very nice and friendly people. Being able to interact with people on a daily is something that i enjoy about working here.
Pros
friendly envioment
Cons
No health care
I enjoyed my job with Bp alot. Even though there were no benefits such as health care and etc, I enjoyed the fast paced environment and being able to meet new peole.
Pros
lunch cooked, early work hours
Cons
sometimes closing hours
Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. Free lunches and open PTO make it for a excellent place of employment. Salary is quite low though. Will be finding other employment if salary does not increase with the cost of living in Manchester,
Pros
Free lunch and accommodation
Cons
Good place to work for part time and some extra cash. Tried to work with me with my kids schooling schedule. Flexible and friendly coworkers and management
Everyone that worked there was fun and nice. If you're a people person then this job is for you. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
no cons
i would serve customers as well as cashiering. i would clean and stock every night for six days a week. he was great he hired me when i left abusive husband thank you for that bp. but i didnt like boss did not follow correct protocols for company misconduct while on the job. enjoyed my customers and they could tell but i did agree with management on how certain issue got fixed or resolved. i felt like he did not proplerly pay me for overtime.
Pros
loved customers and job was easy to get to
Cons
no benifits
I learned how to operate the cash register agian. Another job I've never done before but in the time I've worked I got along with everyone met alot of new people an glad I took the chance to try the job out
I love the ppl I work with. The boss is a very nice person .i always keep the store clean . Work schedule is ok . It is close to home so easy to travel .
Cons
Health care
Great opportunity to learn the ropes of the retail industry and help train others in the system. Flexible hours and friendly staff makes working here a joy.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Good people to work with and see every day. The bosses were good at working the schedule with employees and made the store and good nice working environment.
Pros
Free meal and soda.
Cons
Dealing with disrespectful customers.
working at a gas station u can buy whatever you need gas, hot/cold food, drinks, sweets, candy, lottery, chips, etc a little bit of everything
Pros
being able to have gas while you work there
Cons
the rude people that comes in
Bp garage it was in a good working condition and you must no why are u part of that family and what I like I put my job first and I'm a team member .
Pros
No free lunch nothing is for free you must earn and work hard so that you dont rely on free lunchs
Cons
nightshifts and day to day hours and it was 6 to 6
It was slow at times, not giving me enough hours to work. Tell me to come in then turn around and call and say come in tomorrow. They where not giving me enough days.
Pros
paid good
Cons
closed to early
Work as anything other than a cashier and you will be fine. Most of the retailers do not know the legislation well enough to do this. I work on a one man site run by MRH, you do not get breaks, it's kind of a run out back and stuff your face between customers kind of thing. holidays are only if there are enough staff to cover you. The shifts can go from anywhere to 7hrs to 20 depending on the management. I worked 30 days in a row once with shifts varying from 6hrs to 14. With no breaks. The head office will demand you work solidly the entire time, the work itself is not that bad, ignoring the violent customers that are inevitable (keep in mind you work on your own in some places). Worst is the higher ups care greatly about appearances and customer service, however, not so much about the cashiers. Oh, in most sites and I cannot speak for all, losses from some drive offs, tills, lottery and paypoint, are deducted from your minimum wages. As I said, I cannot speak for all sites, my experience is with MRH retail which really should be investigated properly but hey, what do I know?
Pros
Simple work
A typical day involves handling customers, keeping the floors swept and mopped if needed, counters wiped, glass clean, and general store cleanliness. Other than that, normal activities include keeping the products stocked and faced, emptying garbage cans, keeping washer fluid and paper towels at good levels and troubleshooting when the pumps act up. I learned how to deal with customers, and maintain a store. No problems with management, they were available when needed and kept products in stock. It was a small store, so there was only ever one cashier working at a time. There were mechanics in the shop, but there wasn't a ton of interaction. Hardest part for me was stocking the coolers, because it was cramped and I'm not a small person. Most enjoyable part for me was cleaning, it was very satisfying to see something dirty become clean by my hand.
Pros
Choice of music, plenty of hours, friendly people
Cons
low pay, no official breaks
I was very uncomfortable with working all alone on third shift at a gas station. When I was originally hired there was a second person on shift with me and was told I would never work a shift alone except for circumstances that could not be helped like a call off and no one to cover. I found myself working alone more and more till it was every shift I worked. Was paid very little and had a lot of responsibility. I was covering a shift meant foe two employees all alone.
Pros
could get items and have money for them taken out of my check
Cons
Third shift alone
Manager passed away and wife gave up the business I worked on the till taking petroleum money and completely businesses accounts for companies who conducted their petrol monies on account, I also served customers with shop products
Excellent company to work for . Good hours, met some good people, enjoyed interacting with the people, was gutted I had to leave.