Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier383 reviews
Came in a 10pm and worked till 7am. Helped customers till 1 or 2 in between customers I would clean and stock store take trash out sweep and mop. About 5am I would make coffee and food clean gas pumps off and get ready for the end of my shift count out my register.
Pros
free coffee, one free meal per day at work.
Cons
no breaks, or health care
I was hired by one manger who ended up transferring stores I liked working for her, but once she left the new manger didn't want to give me any hours.
It was a wonderful opportunity and experience. Teaches me a lot how to deal with customers and what to expect and what not do. I had a wonderful time meeting new persons as well.
It was fun environment to work in.The Boss,Managers and Supervisors treated employees with respect and equally.There were staff competitions and cash.
Pros
Free gifts during the festive
Cons
The manager there is very immature. He’s not fair and does not stick to his words. He can be described and petty and a bully to some of the employees.
Was a great job for someone with little to no responsibilities loved the company jus pay was low management was awesome very flexible if ever needed a second job would go back
BP is an awesome place. The employees are like family to one another. I absolutely loved working here. The only downside is no benefits but other than that it’s perfect.
The pay was terrible with long hours. I was bored out of my mind most of the shift. It's a good job for someone who wants money but doesn't want to do much.
Start at 9 after training its 10 and as long no call offs for the week nor being late u get 1 dollar bonus easy job and not stress ful at all great to work for
Great people. Get to know your customers well. Can be pretty fast paced, depending on location. From personal experience not too much room for growth at the smaller stores.
I like the experience and it was the first time I ever work in a shop.
The skills I learned:

Confident working with vulnerable people

Interpersonal skills
A typical day at work was usually just me working alone, I would count cash and mop and clean shelf’s, I worked every weekend because we didn’t get weekends off. I would always cover other people’s shifts for them so i was working a lot more than what part-time workers usually work. I always made sure the customers were satisfied and made sure to always greet them entering and leaving.
I really enjoy working there the customers team mates my manager is amazing works w me as far as parenting time w my kids. I love the environment that I work it, its fast paced.
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store at 3:00 AM. Verifying my opening amount was correct. I had to assure the change bank was accurate. I had to occupy four registers. These registers consisted of : the store side, the truck stop side, the liquor tore register, and the Sneaky Peete's register. I also had to make sure the next cash drawer was correct. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the boss that was extremely rude to his employees. I enjoyed trying to make sure the customers were pleased with the service they received. If someone came in and a rude attitude, I didn't let affect my day and it didn't cause me to disrespect them.
I learned many customer skills throughout my time there. I worked every possible shift there it was an experience. Learned how to deal with vendors and ordered products for the store.
I loved working at BP. The management was great. I love working with the public. The job was very easy. The custmers were great. Most of the customers were regulars so I knew most of them when they came in, whuch was nice.
Working at a gas station is really enjoyable I learned a lot from communicating to customers to dealing with fash transactions there really wasn’t anything hard, after time and practice there’s nothing that you will have trouble with and the most enjoyable time of the day for me was talking to customers
Pros
Experience and personal expenses
Cons
Far location from home
Management is willing to work with your schedule within reason. You will perform many physically laborious tasks for which you will receive just above minimum wage. You will learn nearly every facet of the store and how the business is run if you wish to excel. You must work holidays if required.
Pros
As many breaks as you need
Cons
Pay
To utilize skill, creatively involved with system that effectively contributes the growth of organizational,secure position where my solving problem,
Cons
work overtime
It only gets 1 star because i have to give it stars. The manager had no idea really how to maintain a buisness. I honestly wondered why they didn't get rid of certain people despite the complaints against them.
I would clock in and prep the deli meat and other food. than open start serving food. Management did not know what they were doing. The workplace is diverse. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the not so nice mangers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfied customers that were happy when they left.