Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier371 reviews
Busy, worked over nights
Came in a 10pm and worked till 7am. Helped customers till 1 or 2 in between customers I would clean and stock store take trash out sweep and mop. About 5am I would make coffee and food clean gas pumps off and get ready for the end of my shift count out my register.
Pros
free coffee, one free meal per day at work.
Cons
no breaks, or health care
BP Cashier
A typical day at work was usually just me working alone, I would count cash and mop and clean shelf’s, I worked every weekend because we didn’t get weekends off. I would always cover other people’s shifts for them so i was working a lot more than what part-time workers usually work. I always made sure the customers were satisfied and made sure to always greet them entering and leaving.
Job
I really enjoy working there the customers team mates my manager is amazing works w me as far as parenting time w my kids. I love the environment that I work it, its fast paced.
It was a fun and active place to work, but the owner has an issue with cussing his employees.
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store at 3:00 AM. Verifying my opening amount was correct. I had to assure the change bank was accurate. I had to occupy four registers. These registers consisted of : the store side, the truck stop side, the liquor tore register, and the Sneaky Peete's register. I also had to make sure the next cash drawer was correct. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the boss that was extremely rude to his employees. I enjoyed trying to make sure the customers were pleased with the service they received. If someone came in and a rude attitude, I didn't let affect my day and it didn't cause me to disrespect them.
B.P gas
I learned many customer skills throughout my time there. I worked every possible shift there it was an experience. Learned how to deal with vendors and ordered products for the store.
I loved working there. The management was great.
I loved working at BP. The management was great. I love working with the public. The job was very easy. The custmers were great. Most of the customers were regulars so I knew most of them when they came in, whuch was nice.
Learning environment and fun, communicative workplace
Working at a gas station is really enjoyable I learned a lot from communicating to customers to dealing with fash transactions there really wasn’t anything hard, after time and practice there’s nothing that you will have trouble with and the most enjoyable time of the day for me was talking to customers
Pros
Experience and personal expenses
Cons
Far location from home
Fast paced environment with excellent customers
Management is willing to work with your schedule within reason. You will perform many physically laborious tasks for which you will receive just above minimum wage. You will learn nearly every facet of the store and how the business is run if you wish to excel. You must work holidays if required.
Pros
As many breaks as you need
Cons
Pay
fun work
To utilize skill, creatively involved with system that effectively contributes the growth of organizational,secure position where my solving problem,
Cons
work overtime
It only gets 1
It only gets 1 star because i have to give it stars. The manager had no idea really how to maintain a buisness. I honestly wondered why they didn't get rid of certain people despite the complaints against them.
Dissatisfaction
I would clock in and prep the deli meat and other food. than open start serving food. Management did not know what they were doing. The workplace is diverse. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the not so nice mangers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfied customers that were happy when they left.
Trash
I do not miss this place the bosses were horrible barely cared about their employees or their personal life they dont care if you have to go to a funeral they want you to work when they call you
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Glad to have got away
Owner was rude and mean to a bunch of people. never could get a day that you needed off. One day you would work day and the night the next day crazy schedule all the time.
Ok place to be
It was an average job. My location was small so I was the only cashier. It ran smoothly. Management was pretty average. They came and went, so I didn't see them much.
Was a fun place to work
I worked with family and best friends was a very fun place to work we were all a team and always gave Wonderful customer service. We all worked together and helped each other inside the station and outside . I did the Carwash outside all seasons and cashiered inside for the gas .
Pros
Got free carwash on our vehicles
Cons
Didnt always work if it rained
Good guestion
The company is ok to,they take good care of customers and the staff have a good customers relationship and the customers behavior is good to the staff
Cons
Shoot brake.
pay was not great but the job itself keeps you mutlitasking
The job was great fit for me but the pay was not enough compared to the amount of work I was doing. I have learnt how to manage it all by myself, this includes managing the fuel system, managing the till alongside lottery and paypoint and serving customers of course and stacking shelves.
Pay wages terrible
I had fun working flexible work space...you be your own boss.....slow nights you might invite friends kick with you in the parking lot......All juice and energy drinks gets discounted price for employees only and you can’t ring your own drinks unless there’s another co worker working with you....
Pros
Less minimum wage, not much hours, fixed schedule without your consanguinity
Cons
Bad management, no employees discount on patrol......
Bp gas station
Stocking and also cleaning dealing with the cash register in making sure all the products is up 2 date in making sure that the customers is good with the prushase.
Solid Job to Have While Attending College
Working for BP was a decent time. The day-to-day routines weren't very exciting, but they kept me busy. The management at the store I worked at was good. They were very understanding/empathetic which I have discovered is a rare trait in managers. I actually felt like I was a valuable part of the team. They were also able to work with me on setting my schedule up to match my needs with taking classes.
Pros
Good management, flexible scheduling, positive work environment
Cons
Low pay, work is not challenging, job advancement is difficult
Great place to start out
This was my first job, I needed a job during high school and it turned out to be great. My manager was great, and I always had a good time at work, no matter the shift.
Pros
Talking with customers
Cons
Rude customers, drive offs
1.5K