Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier377 reviews
Came in a 10pm and worked till 7am. Helped customers till 1 or 2 in between customers I would clean and stock store take trash out sweep and mop. About 5am I would make coffee and food clean gas pumps off and get ready for the end of my shift count out my register.
Pros
free coffee, one free meal per day at work.
Cons
no breaks, or health care
As a young kid looking for a part time job, this job is a good start. You get paid weekly and the staff and always fun to work with.
As a living not the best option but its nice for quick cash.
Never got enough hours or was put on shifts that were too difficult to balance home life. But the job was really easy and the customers were usually pretty cool. I feel that I left more because up upper management more than because of the Store manager. Coworkers were usually pretty cool.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Nothing major
Make coffee, schedule hours, greet customers, maintain cash flow, audits, order merchandise, stock merchandise. The hardest part of the job was dealing with co-workers.
Acceptable pay rate at the time. Management was helpful and understanding. Nice location and a convenience. Great customers and employee relationships.
working at BP gave me a good experience.working there thought me a lot of things. i also made some very good friends at BP. i learned how to baked bread and cookies, make sandwiches, coffee, cashiering, and many other things.
Pros
free coffee and drinks
Cons
short breaks
the job was easy and fast paced. I love working with the customers one on one each day. greeting and making some one smile was always my goal during work. not hard to maintained long hours of standing but rewarding.
It's very quick pace so the day goes by pretty smoothly. The only negative thing is that they aren't the best at picking and choosing their employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only one worker per shift.
I did enjoyed working as a cashier I've learnt alot of thing there course I know how to make a stock taking, merchandising and most of all to deliveries excellent custormer care, services.
Pros
Hot Dog, Cold Drinks and Pies
Cons
7am till 8Ppm
I thoroughly enjoyed working as a cashier as the atmosphere was fast-paced, yet fun as my team was engaging, and the regular customers made the work day extremely pleasing.
Pros
The customers made the job gradifying
Cons
The pay rate
The head manager is easy going and a great person to work for. Free food was provided on days that the kitchen made fried chicken, etc... It was also easy to pick up extra shifts almost every week.
Usual day at work - 10pm-7am , opinion- i prefer night time jobs because it works around mu schedule, hated having times other than this

Management- was not responsive out of work, could not get into contact when had a medical emergency in my family

Hardest part of job- getting robbed at gunpoint at 1am

Most enjoyable part of job- Relaxing atmosphere and was working with numbers mostly
Pros
Relaxing, fair pay, close to home
Cons
no insurance, got robbed, unresponsive manager
very good company to work for
very good management on a typical day it was very faced paced and the time went fast i would not mind working for this company again.
Got be able to handle a lot of people at one time, running a lottery machine. Know you cigarettes and crewing tobacco, and gas pumps, and so customer friendly
BP could have been a good job but they had the wrong manager running the store the store was amazing kept up real clean just a manager the reason why I left but it's a different company now
Its always busy at work. Good communication skills. management is good. easy going management. When someone rob the gas station is the hardest part of the job.
Management was the worst, they werent trying to give any raises not even to the employess that were there for 2 or more years. Just very inconsistent and not really unserstanding of family emergencies
The manager don't manage it right there r no pay raises no paid vacation no paid sick days if u go to work but r having problem with ur health they don't care u better do ur job
Pros
Get free Fountain drinks when working
Cons
Low paying, no pay raises, no vacation, no paid sick days
A typical day for me at BP is taking care of the customers, it's fast pace, great work environment. I enjoyed working there because I love people, I enjoyed working with customers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, no concern for employees or there safety just store, work schedule posted day before the new work week never in advance
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Work schedule posted day before new work week
After working for BP for almost 2 years it definitely had its ups and downs like with any job, but for the most part, it definitely keeps you on your toes.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K