BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Bom potroliam
They have a hard enviorment to work around. They need to hire more people who understabd the customers and who are not rude to them. They lost alot of valuable customers when i worked there due to rude employees that worked there at night in mornings.
I worked often as a Cashier. Well over 15 years of cashiering at several different gas station spots.
Cashiering at local Gas Stations over a span of 15 years. Often working with excellent Team members. Money sheets often at s $0.01 balance. Alway discrepancies found located within the PAPER WORK OF SHIFTS. Customer and staff relations allowed for the low wage increases.
Pros
Managers would cash your checks.
Cons
Security was lacking.
Good customers
Too many back stabbers that work there
No one wants to do their job.

I need someplace where i feel like i belong and people like me and want to be around me.

I dont like tension between fellow employees
My regular work days at the BP were good. The customers always made my day. I've dealt with some bad of course but you have to know how to deal with them. The management was horrible but the owner was a great person. The hardest part of the job was you never knew what you were getting yourself into working nights. The most enjoyable part of my day was when I dealt with a regular customer.
too much expected
under staffed overworked spoken to like dirt by managers unless your favourites work nearly every weekend no family time expected to do tills stock cleaning toilets cafe forecourt bins
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad managers
Horrendous place of work
From working a ridiculous amount of days in a row because the manager wont step up and help when short staffed, to no appreciation for covered shifts, and to favoritism and nepotism everywhere. Low pay. Un reliable staff that doesn't have each others backs at all.
Fun meeting the customers. Co workers and managers are not so great and could use work.
Management needs to be revised and treat employees better. which is why they have a high turn over rate. I loved the customers though. The managers work the employees to death and try to make them work over so they won't have to come in. The pay is definitely not worth the work and side work you have to do and the treatment you recieve.
It is nice to be caught up and also see happy regular customers 😊.
I enjoyed working for BP because this particular one was operated by Someone who visited frequently and is very good to talk to and will adjust things accordingly to suit the needs of the business and employee work place.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Short breaks
productive and fun place to work
I am a cashier and stocked products. I close store so there counting the till down to a certain amount for next shift and counting lottery printing off and signing off lottery machine ebt machine a amount of gas sold per day. Team player and communication is key
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
There isnt any cons really
fuel station
This employment was pretty slow paced. It was a small store so it was easy to manage. I did work alone usually until close which was kind of a safety issue but overall the owner at that time was nice and easy to work with.
Pros
customers
Cons
closing by yourself
good experience
Learned a lot about customer service, I enjoyed working with the staff and learning more. Fast paced environment in a busy location. Recommend them overall for services.
Fun environment
The girls were fun to work with, stayed busy and everyone was made to feel at home.. Great customers and employees discount on meals was not to bad either. Worked a set schedule for the most part. KInd of sucked to not get to have a weekend off. Would have been better if they could rotate the weekends between cashiers.
Owner is greedy, grumpy, and fails to pay
Owners misplace money often and blame employees, they pay cash under the table or by personal check (which usually bounces), or they dont pay at all. They claim your drawer is short every night so they can short you on your pay. When it's time to get paid, boss always says he doesn't have the money and doesn't even pay you until days or even a week later.
Pros
Lots of available hours to work
Cons
Bad management, shady owners and unpredictable pay
Bp
It was a great environment to work in and the employees were always positive. I enjoyed interacting with all of the customers that came into the store.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Great job
I think they are all becoming franchised out and are no longer company owned but I've work for them several times and enjoyed it very much look forward to working for them again someday.
Pros
Discounts and point system for good job incentive bonuses
Cons
Dangerous public service
fast pace
When I arrived at work I would; count the money in the drawer, write down lottery numbers, prepare food, clean as much as I could, stock coolers, stock isles, check expiration dates, help customers, shut down store, shut down register, then do paperwork.
Pros
food was free
Cons
no breaks, alone most of the time
Long ago
I worked for BP in the mid-late 90's. It was a small store near a nightclub and a busy hospital. Most of the patrons were drug addicts, party goers and hospital employees. We called the cops often, dealt with a lot of theft and craziness.
Cashier
I really enjoyed my job. I met a lot of nice people and also hard to get along with people. I also had some regulars that I enjoyed talking to and finding out what was going on around town. Some I miss, some I dont.
Pros
all the soda i could drink
Cons
Impatient costomers
just a gas station job
gas station jobs will always be a gas station job there isn't anything really to say about them. I do enjoy the customers and socializing with people.
Very poor work environment
Slow paced work, very easily bored. Management is given to whomever regardless of experience due to "seniority". Man power management is non-existent.
Pros
Free fountain drinks/ coffee while on duty.
Cons
Low pay, poor management
It was a good workplace
Had lots of customers always stayed busy I loved staying busy I learned a lot about assistant manager techniques could have became an crew leader but wasn't willing to pay for the aggressively outcome
Pros
Cons
Took breaks when it slowed down
1.4K