BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 130 reviews matching the search See all 3,704 reviews
too much expected
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  KetteringJune 20, 2019
under staffed overworked spoken to like dirt by managers unless your favourites work nearly every weekend no family time expected to do tills stock cleaning toilets cafe forecourt bins
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad managers
Horrendous place of work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NekoosaJune 14, 2019
From working a ridiculous amount of days in a row because the manager wont step up and help when short staffed, to no appreciation for covered shifts, and to favoritism and nepotism everywhere. Low pay. Un reliable staff that doesn't have each others backs at all.
Fun meeting the customers. Co workers and managers are not so great and could use work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 5, 2019
Management needs to be revised and treat employees better. which is why they have a high turn over rate. I loved the customers though. The managers work the employees to death and try to make them work over so they won't have to come in. The pay is definitely not worth the work and side work you have to do and the treatment you recieve.
It is nice to be caught up and also see happy regular customers 😊.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 18, 2019
I enjoyed working for BP because this particular one was operated by Someone who visited frequently and is very good to talk to and will adjust things accordingly to suit the needs of the business and employee work place.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Short breaks
productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairview, MIMarch 13, 2019
I am a cashier and stocked products. I close store so there counting the till down to a certain amount for next shift and counting lottery printing off and signing off lottery machine ebt machine a amount of gas sold per day. Team player and communication is key
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
There isnt any cons really
fuel station
Cashier, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSMarch 13, 2019
This employment was pretty slow paced. It was a small store so it was easy to manage. I did work alone usually until close which was kind of a safety issue but overall the owner at that time was nice and easy to work with.
Pros
customers
Cons
closing by yourself
good experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Learned a lot about customer service, I enjoyed working with the staff and learning more. Fast paced environment in a busy location. Recommend them overall for services.
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dittmer, MOFebruary 17, 2019
The girls were fun to work with, stayed busy and everyone was made to feel at home.. Great customers and employees discount on meals was not to bad either. Worked a set schedule for the most part. KInd of sucked to not get to have a weekend off. Would have been better if they could rotate the weekends between cashiers.
Owner is greedy, grumpy, and fails to pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 15, 2019
Owners misplace money often and blame employees, they pay cash under the table or by personal check (which usually bounces), or they dont pay at all. They claim your drawer is short every night so they can short you on your pay. When it's time to get paid, boss always says he doesn't have the money and doesn't even pay you until days or even a week later.
Pros
Lots of available hours to work
Cons
Bad management, shady owners and unpredictable pay
Bp
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILFebruary 4, 2019
It was a great environment to work in and the employees were always positive. I enjoyed interacting with all of the customers that came into the store.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 25, 2019
I think they are all becoming franchised out and are no longer company owned but I've work for them several times and enjoyed it very much look forward to working for them again someday.
Pros
Discounts and point system for good job incentive bonuses
Cons
Dangerous public service
fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Osage City, KSJanuary 10, 2019
When I arrived at work I would; count the money in the drawer, write down lottery numbers, prepare food, clean as much as I could, stock coolers, stock isles, check expiration dates, help customers, shut down store, shut down register, then do paperwork.
Pros
food was free
Cons
no breaks, alone most of the time
Long ago
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 20, 2018
I worked for BP in the mid-late 90's. It was a small store near a nightclub and a busy hospital. Most of the patrons were drug addicts, party goers and hospital employees. We called the cops often, dealt with a lot of theft and craziness.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my job. I met a lot of nice people and also hard to get along with people. I also had some regulars that I enjoyed talking to and finding out what was going on around town. Some I miss, some I dont.
Pros
all the soda i could drink
Cons
Impatient costomers
just a gas station job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 14, 2018
gas station jobs will always be a gas station job there isn't anything really to say about them. I do enjoy the customers and socializing with people.
Very poor work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Quinnesec, MIDecember 10, 2018
Slow paced work, very easily bored. Management is given to whomever regardless of experience due to "seniority". Man power management is non-existent.
Pros
Free fountain drinks/ coffee while on duty.
Cons
Low pay, poor management
It was a good workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2018
Had lots of customers always stayed busy I loved staying busy I learned a lot about assistant manager techniques could have became an crew leader but wasn't willing to pay for the aggressively outcome
Pros
Cons
Took breaks when it slowed down
Productive but poor admnstration
Cashier and CSR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OHNovember 25, 2018
The management was poor.Dangerous work place ,No benfts at all.they follow Federal laws. no benfits.the only reason I was working was it fits to Standex Schedule
Cons
No cons
Somewhat Good Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCNovember 22, 2018
This job was a good experience the management team could have been better I was a cashier at one of my local bp's the hours were decent & pay was good also.
Horrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNNovember 14, 2018
Completely rude management and unfair in their policies. The manager did not like females and seemed to judge me based on my disabilities. All the customers liked me and I did everything well but was let go because my cleaning abilities were not up to his standards. I wasn't given any warnings or told how to do things differently.
Pros
Cool customers

51.4K