Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Customer Service Associate / Cashier143 reviews
I enjoyed my Boss and fellow employees and dealing with the customers. I took pride in my work ethic and abilities. The hours were flexible when needed and I worked my tail off to prove my worth.
Pros
Free food and pop
Cons
Overnight hours could get boring
Look employment has always been the issue for me. The children are grown with their own children. On my own doing much less for myself. Yet I need toilet paper just as most of us. I got along with oftener team members given much kindness. Hiring date 06/09/2006 to 07/23/2007.
I love the job. The job itself is easy. Come to work on time and do your job. Follow policy and your day will go smooth as butter. Keep store clean and in order. Be professional and provide good customer service. Smile and greet.
Pros
Have the mindset to do your job correct
Cons
Handling shift alone
Always under staffed and there is little room for a pay raise. The customers aren't too bad. You have your regular customers who are nice and the random people who can be a handful.
The most enjoyable part of working at BP was getting to help anyone who came in. People are always willing to talk and usually have something funny to say
It was a self owned BP. Boss was great but the pay wasn't that good to work in a gas station. The hours was flexible. The the customers were great. It was good experience to work there and learn about different things
Unless you want to be fired for no reason don’t work here. A few employees are good to work with but some are so mean and rude even to the customers. No matter how many times you tell management about the complaints you get about them from customers they don’t do anything about it.
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Manager and other employees
A typical day at work compose of opening and closing the store. Cashing out customers and helping them with their questions. Also, doing other things like, cleaning and stocking. What I have learned from working here is always come with an open mind and from there you will learn a lot. I liked where I worked. My boss was a great boss, which made the environment very comfortable to work in. The hardest part of the job is when at times you have to do everything yourself because other workers cannot come in.
This was one of the most fun jobs I've ever had, there really wasnt much physical labor involved. It was all mental math and psychology and memory. Equally as hard in it's own right.
I was grateful to have the opportunity of them giving me a chance to work in that environment even after my criminal background I wish there would have been more hours so that it I could have stayed there but I relocated to a different city
Although I did love working there my manager at the time did not do her job well and we were always picking up her slack, that could be my only complaint.
Pros
Free meals, great customers
Cons
Poor Choice in The Managers
Cashiering at local Gas Stations over a span of 15 years. Often working with excellent Team members. Money sheets often at s $0.01 balance. Alway discrepancies found located within the PAPER WORK OF SHIFTS. Customer and staff relations allowed for the low wage increases.
Pros
Managers would cash your checks.
Cons
Security was lacking.
Too many back stabbers that work there
No one wants to do their job.

I need someplace where i feel like i belong and people like me and want to be around me.

I dont like tension between fellow employees
My regular work days at the BP were good. The customers always made my day. I've dealt with some bad of course but you have to know how to deal with them. The management was horrible but the owner was a great person. The hardest part of the job was you never knew what you were getting yourself into working nights. The most enjoyable part of my day was when I dealt with a regular customer.
under staffed overworked spoken to like dirt by managers unless your favourites work nearly every weekend no family time expected to do tills stock cleaning toilets cafe forecourt bins
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad managers
From working a ridiculous amount of days in a row because the manager wont step up and help when short staffed, to no appreciation for covered shifts, and to favoritism and nepotism everywhere. Low pay. Un reliable staff that doesn't have each others backs at all.
Management needs to be revised and treat employees better. which is why they have a high turn over rate. I loved the customers though. The managers work the employees to death and try to make them work over so they won't have to come in. The pay is definitely not worth the work and side work you have to do and the treatment you recieve.
I enjoyed working for BP because this particular one was operated by Someone who visited frequently and is very good to talk to and will adjust things accordingly to suit the needs of the business and employee work place.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Short breaks
I am a cashier and stocked products. I close store so there counting the till down to a certain amount for next shift and counting lottery printing off and signing off lottery machine ebt machine a amount of gas sold per day. Team player and communication is key
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
There isnt any cons really
This employment was pretty slow paced. It was a small store so it was easy to manage. I did work alone usually until close which was kind of a safety issue but overall the owner at that time was nice and easy to work with.
Pros
customers
Cons
closing by yourself
Learned a lot about customer service, I enjoyed working with the staff and learning more. Fast paced environment in a busy location. Recommend them overall for services.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K