Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Work hard
Customer service is good.
Serving and advising customers and taking payment.

Helping customers to find the goods they want.

Advising on stock amount.

Ordering goods.

Handling complaints or passing them on to the manager.

Giving information on product and prices.
Bp
I worked at the register for 4 hours of my shift. The other 4 hours I would clean, stock, and if the person working in first till needed help I would go help them.
Pros
Paid lunches, short shifts, easy work
Cons
Short breaks, no paid time off, no benefits
very active place
A typical day would not go by without a visit from the owner no matter what time of the day or night and he would yell at you for something that he thought was done wrong.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, manager
Fast paced
It was a regular cashier job and was not so hard or easy once you get a hang of it also there was new york lottery that you have to learn once you learn you have to be careful not to mess up
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Less pay
Productive and fun work place
My typical day at work was fun, I would open the store on the weekends which required a lot of responsiblity. I have learned a lot from my team they taught me much about the workplace culture and management.
Pros
Free car washes
fun at BP
I learned and gained a lot of customer service experience. Fun place to work at for the most part. Got to meet a lot of different types of people. friendly staff and management.
Pros
50% off merchandise
Cons
long hours, midnights
N/a
Loved my job here wish I had never had to move the pay was great and so where the hours and the people I worked with was able to have time off if I needed it with out worry of termination.
Pros
Free lunches and drinks also had a charge account just in case we ran low on cash one week
relaxed self paced fun
i enjoyed my job its was fun exciting you meet all kinds of people.
job was easy not much required.

had as much over time as i wanted.

great co workers.

wonderful managed it
Pros
amazing work environment
Cons
saftey at night
Great work place
While working at the gas station it was very relaxed. it was good work. you just had to look out for the ones that called out all the time. if you where a good worker they would ask you to work for them alot.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
rude customors
Cashier, stocker, cleaning
As a cashier, I would approve gasoline pumps for customers, ring in sales of gasoline and in-store purchases. I would count cigarette inventory at specific times during my shift. I would stock the coolers during my over-night shift, also clean the floors and mats in the C-Store, also clean the restrooms.
good
here is opinion about
•a typical day at work

•what you learned

•management

•workplace culture

•the hardest part of the job

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Cons
fun fast paced place to work
I enjoyed working for this company. I liked being able to see all the customers that came in on a regular basis. my job duties included, approving pump usage, ringing items up, cleaning, and makin sure the ice was filled for the fountain pop, and stocking the cooler. I had to leave my position because the pay wasn't very much and they didn't offer benefits.
Very fun job
Management taught me a lot I was the safety coordinator as well as a lead car I enjoyed being at the job working a shift I worked with a great team great company to work for
If you enjoy working with the public and meeting new people, it's the job for you...
Customer service jobs are a great fit if you enjoy meeting new people and help them... The schedule was flexible with prior notification and the store was family owned.
Hard work
Mostly I enjoyed this job but you work very long hours and mostly the management doesn't care for the employees. The pay bumps are often but very little, usually only about 25 cents at a time.
Pros
Good customers
Cons
No breaks, work alone, work 50-60hours a week with little compensation
Horrible management
As long as you don't mind working with no breaks and having to cover everyone this place is great. It was ok for someone who smoked to go out 20 times a day but if you didn't smoke you were out of luck for a break.
Awesome Employer
I worked at the BP station in Delano MN for 6 years, and I couldn't have asked for better treatment. I got regular raises and the owner and managers treated me very well.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
worked a lot of nights
Learning experience
Love working for the company was a good experience . I can see myself exceeding in the workplace.. the business shut down and I was forced to relocate
Cashier
It's was fun working with others, meeting your regular customers .being able to experience working in customer service. Using math skills dealing with cash
Pros
The employees
Cons
The manager
Okay place to work at
It was a easy job , friendly people sometimes very time consuming . Not hard to work the cashier. Had to clean up , load An stock everything back up in the right places for morning
loved the job,but no pay increases
I opened the store monday thru friday. There was no management in place,only store owners. This posed a challenge as far as effective communication and job structure. There was no middle man to resolve job conflicts, or things that were being neglected due to lack of managment. I thouroughly enjoyed working with my customers everyday.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no managment
1.5K