BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 130 reviews matching the search See all 3,708 reviews
Its a great work place for people who need their first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNMay 10, 2017
I love the place. I just need a place with more hours. I love all my regulars. They have became my friends and most of them will come to BP to just see me. Its like a family
Pros
Free carwash
Cons
Customers are not always friendly
very busy and productive
Cashier, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHApril 25, 2017
A typical day was very busy and very productive. This was the only gas station in town. The customers were wonderful. A small community which was fantastic. I learned so much from being a cashier, then I went to assistant manager and even managed the store. The culture was a good experience I treat everyone as I would want to be treated.
Pros
customers were amazing. I love working with the public.
Comfortable enviornment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisville, MIApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the BP. My typical day consisted of counting cigarettes, lottery numbers, changing cash drawer, making coffee, making popcorn, cleaning up, and being there for the customers.
I learned how to use the register, educated on lottery and cigarettes as well as liquor and orders.
Management was great, very pleasant to work for.
Workplace culture was awesome, had no problems.
I struggled with BP cards with points. I need to reeducate myself in that.
I absolutely loved the customers, preparing fresh coffee and popcorn, and making sure the environment was clean and inviting.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Didn't understand BP gas cards
it good company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clawson, MIMarch 27, 2017
they have best gas ever
there credit card machines has truple lock there is no chance to steal you credit card information
we have very good service all customer like us
we have do cleaning every day
our restroom always clean
we have good coffee
Great atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMarch 20, 2017
12-5 shift.
I learned how a lot about the lottery.
Management is great.
Customers are kind and respectful.
Arrive 10 minutes before your shift, stock the beverage station, empty trash check the restrooms. then proceed to shift change.
fun and interesting
A typical day was average for the pay rate, learnt to multitask and handle stress customers and situations. hardest part would of been standing for 8+ hours a day best part of the day was interacting with people
Pros
discounts on coffees
Cons
standing allday, work colleages not doing there asigned work
I worked for BP in both Ohio and North Carolina for several years.
Started working for BP gas station in North Royalton Ohio back in 2002 and worked two jobs between both BP and Clark gas station until I moved to King NC in 2006. From 2006-2008 I worked for BP and traveled to multiple stores. I enjoyed working for BP, there was always something to do, never got bored. I worked with some great people and enjoyed my job, until it came time for me to file for my disability.
Pros
Never got bored
Cons
A little busy at times when all the vendors delivered at the same time
ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 27, 2016
job was ok the management and owners were not so good. hours were ok as well but definitely needed better management. overall easy job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
Great place to work, nice co workers and you meet new people every day, it's a relaxed environment with no stress , if you're a student then this is the perfect job because you can study while you work
Pros
Free fountain drinks and free car wash
Cons
Hours not very flexible
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 18, 2016
The company I worked for closed down and then merged with another company I don't know about the other company I was laid off after they shut down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Store and company switched, oil spill
Fast pace, multi task, team oriented.
Customer service and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WINovember 15, 2016
Fast pace
I have learned how to exercise patience and problem solving.
Management are not present so I have to keep the store functioning properly independently. Co-workers, teamwork required. The hardest part is staying professional in various unprofessional situations. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Great work and management skills were provided
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Somerville, TNOctober 25, 2016
It was a great and convenient place to work because you meet new people daily and learned new tasks as the job goes on. At this location at my second week of working I was training someone else because the person who trained me taught me very well. It's a place to start a career in cashier but if you work hard enough you can become a manager in little or no time you just have to show you are a hard worker and you enjoy your job.
Pros
It gave me a great work/management experiment
Cons
Its was too many hours for not enough pay
Hard working and sometimes enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2016
Most enjoyable part of being a cashier at bp was meeting new people. The hardest part was cleaning the bathrooms and taking the trash out at every pump. My coworkers were very nice and helpful. Management was not very good because the manager had no power over the store would let coworkers walk all over her and did not give days off if they were needed for appointments or emergencies, also would favorite others. I learned how to work in customer service and work better with money. I also learned how to communicate with others better and deal with customers and their needs. A typical day at work is taking out trash, stocking the coolers, cleaning the store, dusting, cleaning the pumps, cleaning the parking lot, making ice bags, and helping customers with what they need.
It was a touch job under new management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 2, 2016
I worked nights Monday - Friday and days on Saturday and Sunday. Monday - Friday I had to close the Gas Station and Saturday and Sunday I had to open. Sometimes I had to close on Fridays and then open right away on Saturday a lot on 3 - 4 hours of sleep. The only enjoyable part of working there was the customers and the Auto Mechanics that worked there when I was there.
Good worlplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2016
Very busy weekends
Safety and underground storage
Management of staff inventory
two cashier tables handle one person
being faster than two cashiers.
excellent
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2016
This has been a very great experience and working with a very knowledgeable coworkers and helpful manager made me love every day of my work.
This is one of the places where i realized how team work could make a difference
Long shifts, no co workers to help
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 10, 2016
Working at BP was a bad experience for me because I was left with all the work to do overnight . Also dealing with drunk consumers tend to make your night a little harder.
Productive and fun workplace
cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 10, 2015
On a typical workday, I would be required to stock shelves, make sure the place is tidy, restrooms are clean and products are marked properly. It taught me responsibility, organization and independence because it was a one-person shift. Hardest part would be keeping restrooms tidy for each customer. Most enjoyable part was making the customer feel comfortable and content.
Fun work place and great team
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  BP Connect Junction AucklandAugust 1, 2015
Im a hard worker, extremely passionate about making the customers happy and willing to return. I live by the fact that I treat people as I myself would expect to be treated in all aspects of life and work ethics. Im a team player always willing to go the extra mile when needed, even with the "difficult" patrons at the end of the day we all at some stage have had a bad day. The most enjoyable is the ability to be able to make someone smile or knowledge that you have made a difference just awesome.
interacted with people daily
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 24, 2015
Every morning I opened the store. I brought in new newspapers that were delivered, started fresh coffee and called in daily gas readings. I also counted the register and did cigarette count. I ran a cash register and provided excellent customer service.

51.4K