Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Customer Service Associate / Cashier143 reviews
I enjoyed my Boss and fellow employees and dealing with the customers. I took pride in my work ethic and abilities. The hours were flexible when needed and I worked my tail off to prove my worth.
Pros
Free food and pop
Cons
Overnight hours could get boring
Mostly I enjoyed this job but you work very long hours and mostly the management doesn't care for the employees. The pay bumps are often but very little, usually only about 25 cents at a time.
Pros
Good customers
Cons
No breaks, work alone, work 50-60hours a week with little compensation
As long as you don't mind working with no breaks and having to cover everyone this place is great. It was ok for someone who smoked to go out 20 times a day but if you didn't smoke you were out of luck for a break.
I worked at the BP station in Delano MN for 6 years, and I couldn't have asked for better treatment. I got regular raises and the owner and managers treated me very well.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
worked a lot of nights
Love working for the company was a good experience . I can see myself exceeding in the workplace.. the business shut down and I was forced to relocate
It's was fun working with others, meeting your regular customers .being able to experience working in customer service. Using math skills dealing with cash
Pros
The employees
Cons
The manager
It was a easy job , friendly people sometimes very time consuming . Not hard to work the cashier. Had to clean up , load An stock everything back up in the right places for morning
I opened the store monday thru friday. There was no management in place,only store owners. This posed a challenge as far as effective communication and job structure. There was no middle man to resolve job conflicts, or things that were being neglected due to lack of managment. I thouroughly enjoyed working with my customers everyday.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no managment
really enjoyed working here working with people and meeting customers needs. the work was easy and I enjoyed cleaning the store and making it comfortable for all the customers. the hardest part of the job was actually changing the trash.. which wasn't even hard . I love learning new things and also enjoyed doing paperwork and learning how to run a business.
Pros
regular customer service
Cons
not getting enough hrs
the pay sucks. management at the store i was in sucked. i was my own manager. couldn't count on my manager. when customers got rowdy he use to get scared and not know how to handle the situation.
That place was so good the owner and staff was good and i enjoyed that work alot and i learned so many things there .like communication with customers and how to deal with difficulties at work etc etc
It was a good experience. I didn't like the pay nor the extra hours we had to work. Hated the random schedule every week. They don't pay over time. Didn't have insurance
This was a fun job I loved to see my regular people come in Evey day. When it closed down on my shift I cried I was there for so long it was a sad day.
I think the owners just need to relize that employees cant work 24/7. Also the one i worked at they pay you up to 80 hours by check then any overtime he pays u 9.00 hour cash
I love the place. I just need a place with more hours. I love all my regulars. They have became my friends and most of them will come to BP to just see me. Its like a family
Pros
Free carwash
Cons
Customers are not always friendly
A typical day was very busy and very productive. This was the only gas station in town. The customers were wonderful. A small community which was fantastic. I learned so much from being a cashier, then I went to assistant manager and even managed the store. The culture was a good experience I treat everyone as I would want to be treated.
Pros
customers were amazing. I love working with the public.
I enjoyed my time at the BP. My typical day consisted of counting cigarettes, lottery numbers, changing cash drawer, making coffee, making popcorn, cleaning up, and being there for the customers.
I learned how to use the register, educated on lottery and cigarettes as well as liquor and orders.

Management was great, very pleasant to work for.

Workplace culture was awesome, had no problems.

I struggled with BP cards with points. I need to reeducate myself in that.

I absolutely loved the customers, preparing fresh coffee and popcorn, and making sure the environment was clean and inviting.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Didn't understand BP gas cards
they have best gas ever
there credit card machines has truple lock there is no chance to steal you credit card information

we have very good service all customer like us

we have do cleaning every day

our restroom always clean

we have good coffee
12-5 shift.
I learned how a lot about the lottery.

Management is great.

Customers are kind and respectful.

Arrive 10 minutes before your shift, stock the beverage station, empty trash check the restrooms. then proceed to shift change.
A typical day was average for the pay rate, learnt to multitask and handle stress customers and situations. hardest part would of been standing for 8+ hours a day best part of the day was interacting with people
Pros
discounts on coffees
Cons
standing allday, work colleages not doing there asigned work
Started working for BP gas station in North Royalton Ohio back in 2002 and worked two jobs between both BP and Clark gas station until I moved to King NC in 2006. From 2006-2008 I worked for BP and traveled to multiple stores. I enjoyed working for BP, there was always something to do, never got bored. I worked with some great people and enjoyed my job, until it came time for me to file for my disability.
Pros
Never got bored
Cons
A little busy at times when all the vendors delivered at the same time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K