Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Work hard
Customer service is good.
Serving and advising customers and taking payment.

Helping customers to find the goods they want.

Advising on stock amount.

Ordering goods.

Handling complaints or passing them on to the manager.

Giving information on product and prices.
lived working with public and meeting new people
really enjoyed working here working with people and meeting customers needs. the work was easy and I enjoyed cleaning the store and making it comfortable for all the customers. the hardest part of the job was actually changing the trash.. which wasn't even hard . I love learning new things and also enjoyed doing paperwork and learning how to run a business.
Pros
regular customer service
Cons
not getting enough hrs
its alright
the pay sucks. management at the store i was in sucked. i was my own manager. couldn't count on my manager. when customers got rowdy he use to get scared and not know how to handle the situation.
Wonderful place
That place was so good the owner and staff was good and i enjoyed that work alot and i learned so many things there .like communication with customers and how to deal with difficulties at work etc etc
Worked environment was ok
It was a good experience. I didn't like the pay nor the extra hours we had to work. Hated the random schedule every week. They don't pay over time. Didn't have insurance
Fun
This was a fun job I loved to see my regular people come in Evey day. When it closed down on my shift I cried I was there for so long it was a sad day.
Its an. Ok place to work
I think the owners just need to relize that employees cant work 24/7. Also the one i worked at they pay you up to 80 hours by check then any overtime he pays u 9.00 hour cash
Its a great work place for people who need their first job
I love the place. I just need a place with more hours. I love all my regulars. They have became my friends and most of them will come to BP to just see me. Its like a family
Pros
Free carwash
Cons
Customers are not always friendly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BP?
very busy and productive
A typical day was very busy and very productive. This was the only gas station in town. The customers were wonderful. A small community which was fantastic. I learned so much from being a cashier, then I went to assistant manager and even managed the store. The culture was a good experience I treat everyone as I would want to be treated.
Pros
customers were amazing. I love working with the public.
Comfortable enviornment
I enjoyed my time at the BP. My typical day consisted of counting cigarettes, lottery numbers, changing cash drawer, making coffee, making popcorn, cleaning up, and being there for the customers.
I learned how to use the register, educated on lottery and cigarettes as well as liquor and orders.

Management was great, very pleasant to work for.

Workplace culture was awesome, had no problems.

I struggled with BP cards with points. I need to reeducate myself in that.

I absolutely loved the customers, preparing fresh coffee and popcorn, and making sure the environment was clean and inviting.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Didn't understand BP gas cards
it good company
they have best gas ever
there credit card machines has truple lock there is no chance to steal you credit card information

we have very good service all customer like us

we have do cleaning every day

our restroom always clean

we have good coffee
Great atmosphere.
12-5 shift.
I learned how a lot about the lottery.

Management is great.

Customers are kind and respectful.

Arrive 10 minutes before your shift, stock the beverage station, empty trash check the restrooms. then proceed to shift change.
fun and interesting
A typical day was average for the pay rate, learnt to multitask and handle stress customers and situations. hardest part would of been standing for 8+ hours a day best part of the day was interacting with people
Pros
discounts on coffees
Cons
standing allday, work colleages not doing there asigned work
I worked for BP in both Ohio and North Carolina for several years.
Started working for BP gas station in North Royalton Ohio back in 2002 and worked two jobs between both BP and Clark gas station until I moved to King NC in 2006. From 2006-2008 I worked for BP and traveled to multiple stores. I enjoyed working for BP, there was always something to do, never got bored. I worked with some great people and enjoyed my job, until it came time for me to file for my disability.
Pros
Never got bored
Cons
A little busy at times when all the vendors delivered at the same time
ok
job was ok the management and owners were not so good. hours were ok as well but definitely needed better management. overall easy job.
Great place to work, nice co workers and you meet new people every day, it's a relaxed environment with no stress , if you're a student then this is the perfect job because you can study while you work
Pros
Free fountain drinks and free car wash
Cons
Hours not very flexible
Fun work place
The company I worked for closed down and then merged with another company I don't know about the other company I was laid off after they shut down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Store and company switched, oil spill
Fast pace, multi task, team oriented.
Fast pace
I have learned how to exercise patience and problem solving.

Management are not present so I have to keep the store functioning properly independently. Co-workers, teamwork required. The hardest part is staying professional in various unprofessional situations. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Great work and management skills were provided
It was a great and convenient place to work because you meet new people daily and learned new tasks as the job goes on. At this location at my second week of working I was training someone else because the person who trained me taught me very well. It's a place to start a career in cashier but if you work hard enough you can become a manager in little or no time you just have to show you are a hard worker and you enjoy your job.
Pros
It gave me a great work/management experiment
Cons
Its was too many hours for not enough pay
Hard working and sometimes enjoyable
Most enjoyable part of being a cashier at bp was meeting new people. The hardest part was cleaning the bathrooms and taking the trash out at every pump. My coworkers were very nice and helpful. Management was not very good because the manager had no power over the store would let coworkers walk all over her and did not give days off if they were needed for appointments or emergencies, also would favorite others. I learned how to work in customer service and work better with money. I also learned how to communicate with others better and deal with customers and their needs. A typical day at work is taking out trash, stocking the coolers, cleaning the store, dusting, cleaning the pumps, cleaning the parking lot, making ice bags, and helping customers with what they need.
It was a touch job under new management
I worked nights Monday - Friday and days on Saturday and Sunday. Monday - Friday I had to close the Gas Station and Saturday and Sunday I had to open. Sometimes I had to close on Fridays and then open right away on Saturday a lot on 3 - 4 hours of sleep. The only enjoyable part of working there was the customers and the Auto Mechanics that worked there when I was there.
1.5K