Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I have noticed racism at many times. No reaction to the complaints made. Some people r smart enough to wisely waste their time by getting involved in activities for long time and this makes others to work more. Thanks
Pros
Team work
Cons
Too much work load
didn't get a chance to learn past basics of the job. The people are nice but not supportive when it comes to career progression or offering chances to progress.
iv been working here sine I came from bangldesh 13 years ago and its been a brilliant experience.i get a decent amount of break and a lovelry team to work with.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
salary can be better
The store is run on limited staff, Self learning on e-learning. Management don't interact enough with staff only bothered about company bosses coming into store.Staff under a lot of pressure to do multi jobs while on shift.Not given the time to work safely.Best part of the job is when you finish shift.Staff moral is always low.
Pros
Cons
Over worked underpaid
This is the typical big company that want a lot and offer nothing in return. The job description was hilarious, littered with spelling mistakes, while advising you needed to have a good standard of literacy. The application process is done online, you can't call BP Retail to discuss anything, special requirements etc. However I completed the BP retail online application process...... never heard anything again. My advice - AVOID multi-nationals, they just seem to be worker fodder factories.
Pros
The could spell their own company name.
Cons
Arrogant and uninterested in potential employees.
Never work there . Brands hill bp is an absolute disgrace the staff have no idea how to respect others. The manager is being fooled by all the freshies who steal and do fraud.
Pros
Cons
Staff is disgusting
Supportive, teamwork orientated, variable work. Friendly atmosphere. Large shop so plenty of space to work. Minimum wage until after 3 month probation period. 4 different shifts to work and workplace only reachable by car so you have to be flexible to work here. Most assistants seem to work part time, 16 hours per week.
Pros
free unlimited coffees, subsidised lunch and shopping discount, team work orientated and supportive
Cons
minimum wage at first, shift work and no public transoirt
Loved working here. Shifts were lovely, so were hours, tough when doing both day and night shifts but that’s due to your chosen availability. Not a lot of communication from management but it has gotten better now.
Pros
50% off food if it comes to £6
Cons
Bad management
Night Shifts 10pm - 6am Working in a demanding environment - tasks include; Serving customers at till Serving customers beverages and hot meals Replenishing Stock Maintaining a clean environment Handling stock deliveries
Pros
Quiet at Night and 1/2 price lunch
Cons
Either work alone or with one other person
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
One manager no names very very rude needs to have anger management or on them sort of lines many have left because of this person. Very cold place to work in. Not the best and warmest clothes they provide you with. Very busy and hands on. Pay is better than most I guess.
Pros
Paid lunch, discount on lunch
Cons
Stingy 15% discount for m&s bp garage STAFF. Long 8 hour shifts if you have children
This was a wonderful environment to work in. The owner is very fair, considerate and accommodating to emergency time off. There is just no advancement. This is a family owned company therefore we were all very close. Very nice place to work.
I work at one of BP stores in Perth. The biggest problem we are facing is cutting down of staff at most of the BP stores. So the employees are under a lot of stress and huge pressure not just to serve a lot of customers alone but also to do so many activities as well such as stock filling, cleaning the shop which can be very tiring. The salary is reasonable. We can penalty rates for working on weekends. But there are very bleak possibilities of promotion. Also, they don't let you sit so you have to stand all day... throughout your shift which can be challenging for some..
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
A lot of work and pressure, all day on feet, odd working hours
It was fun an easy to keep a smile and hold conversations with loving people. I never had a bad day there. worked for the nicest manager. Also a very clean environment to work in.
As a customer service representative, I used to enjoy my job each and every moment meeting and greeting the people where the whole team was fun loving energetic, the best part was the manager who was very much experienced which gave me a chance to learn a lot ,
Pros
professional workplace with experienced and fun loving people
Cons
i have learned a lot from this job, started job from 5am to 1pm five days a week. i have learned to communicate with colleagues customer and made friends. i have been working hard therefore they offered me a management job. training to become manager there.
Pros
50% discount on food to eat on site
Cons
8 hours a day
Terrible atmosphere, as it’s such a closed in work space, especially with employees who have worked there for years, who are not great to the younger members of staff. Management is okay and they try to help you and treat everyone equally still certain members of staff get angry/ annoyed with you if you don’t know how to do something or need help. You can enjoy the job to a certain level but the hours are long and the older members of staff are very difficult to get on with a lot of the time. I myself literally had people telling lies about me to try and get me into trouble. not a pleasant experience.
Pros
50% percent off during your break time on everything.
Cons
long hours, not much training
I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the joking behaviors but also enjoyed talking with and helping my customers. I kept everything stocked and cleaned and ready for the morning rush. My manager was very understanding and helpful in so many ways. I miss working there but I needed a new start.
At bp the most enjoyable part was to have a conser conservations with Customers to make their day and also they make my day.Ithink the hardest part of the job is that the team was not good which lead to promblems..
Pros
Good customers
Cons
I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place
Pros
Break times
Cons
Standing
Overall a good company to work for, many opportunities if you want to work up the ladder. Always something to do, never a dull moment in the workplace.
Ideal if you work for BP it's self, but if you work for a company that owns a BP Garage you get no benefits for working their you are expected to do more than what you should do on a shift as theres no other way these companies would allow more money to be giving on more staff
Pros
Cons
everything