Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I have noticed racism at many times. No reaction to the complaints made. Some people r smart enough to wisely waste their time by getting involved in activities for long time and this makes others to work more. Thanks
Pros
Team work
Cons
Too much work load
very good company to work for. Benefits include 50% off lunch food upto a certain amount, 28 days annual leave and can always help change shifts if needed.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
set shifts
Never work for them again, they are not nice people. Constantly getting put down. Pay rate is below below average. On Christmas day you get some rate you work every other day
The company itself is not that great, the people you work with make it much better though. However dealing with rude customers, aggressive shoplifters and people who generally want to either hurt you or make you cry, the pay just isn't good enough, I don't think anyone would want to be hurt over trying to stop a shoplifter nicking a box of chocolates.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Aggressive customers and a lot of extra work
I loved working for BP, and was sorry to have to leave. I enjoy all aspects of customer service, and this role certainly covered quite a few. Management was ok. I didn't care for cleaning the pumps, but it's part of the job. I got to know a lot of my regular customers, and they were very nice people.
Pros
Free decent coffee.
Cons
Pump cleaning
Overall not a bad place to work. Easy tasks but can sometimes be monotonous. No benefits. Could be fast paced and stressful at times. Great opportunity to get to know the neighborhood and enhance people skills.
Pros
Fast paced environment makes time go by quickly. Get to know alot of people.
Cons
Often worked alone. Monotonous
This is a good work place. I always happy to work over there. they offer good quality food with good customer service in high price. they offer high salary to staff.
Pros
good salary
Cons
high price goods
I have worked for BP for a few months now and there's not much that stikes me as positive about the company. I work as a casual yet have permanent shifts meaning i don't get any benefits of working part-time, but get the joy of doing the same stuff every week without any time off. I started this job because I needed work that was closer to home and flexible around my university schedule. I got a job that is close to home. As far as being flexible, it couldn't be further from that. I brought in my uni timetable to my manager 2 weeks before the semester was due to start and asked for my shifts to get reduced so I had time to do my studying. For the next 9 weeks straight I did 35 hours a week including overnight shifts and double shifts. I had no time to study and even missed some tutorials due to being overworked with no help. On more than 3 separate occasions I asked for a reduction in shifts and was ignored on all three occasions. Furthermore I'm fairly certain the manager was sexist as a few female staff with uni got whatever time they needed I.E. 1 shift a week whenever they asked for it, meanwhile I get hammered with 5 shifts a week mainly night or overnight shifts. My second gripe with with their various forms of measuring performance. All measures of performance have to do with promotional sales. Essentially how good are you at wasting people's time, or ripping them off. As a customer I expect the best service to be quick and polite. I don't want to be asked a million questions when I just want to pay and get going. As a worker you get given a huge checklist to do - more...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor communication with management, misguided understanding of performance, terrible shifts, sub par training, out of touch company
you are either on the till dealing with customers who buy fuel or food from M&S we take in deliveries in the morning and in the afternoon. we also take in tankers. mangers are great to work for everyone works well as a team. the hardest part of the job is dealing with thieves. the enjoyable part is helping customers
Pros
staff discount on m&s food
Cons
on your feet for 8 hours
We spend more time doing the job like after that 12 hours we get overtime that are unexpected and we always spend our time with our customers we enjoy and having fun while we are assististing our customers. I make sure everyday that my job is done and sometime its not easy like I getting angry by the customers but I kept it inside and act like everything is alright.
Pros
Go and buy lunch and releave our selves
Cons
Too much hours
This store was on rt.58 in Amherst Ohio they did close this store although it was fun working there at the time Employees were great and fun to work with .
BP Connect in Bulls is a very nice place to work at. Very friendly staff and it also meet a lot of different people from all walks of life. Been doing the night shift is more advance to myself because I spend so much time with my grandchild during the day. The management is so cool which helps us a lot during difficult times as I know that they understand the situations that every staff deal with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Casual staff are disposable commodities and at the mercy of managers. Policies are often idealistic and almost impossible to apply in real world scenarios. Shifts are fleixible, although this is at manager discretion. Breaks are sometimes difficult to get, especially if working alone. Staff are expected to continue serving even while on break.
Pros
Staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
Little job security
I worked for BP in the late 1999 brilliant place to work for, Manager supported me, in becoming a trainee manager, But have to leave due to family problems, Went back 1 year ago, what a change, Manager, don't give a dam, as long as the shift is covered, so they can go home, The Manager expect a lot out of you, Stayed a week, wrote to head office told them why I left, not even an acknowledgement from BP Head office, to them your a Number. Keep away from this company
When i was student in United Kingdom (LONDON) i were doing my ACCA qualification in between that time i start doing this job and it teaches me alot in terms of customer service and the way we give a customer the respect and the owner overall it was a good environment and great management.
It was just a job when I was younger... no benefits. no PTO Or vacation time. If called out no pay that day.... no health insurance, i think i made 8.25 under the table. It was a private owed store.... no recommendation from me...
colleagues are a good laugh. you'll never be bored. Management will listen to you and try to help personal or professional issues. pays a little over minimum wage. communication lacking between head office and stores. on the whole it's a good job.
Pros
15% off in shop. 50% off lunch up to £6
Working at the BP service station was my first job when i left school. It was a interesting place to work, and i got to meet and engage with all kinds of people with my various duties within my scope of work, The staff and management where very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Was close to where i live, and was a good place to work.
Cons
The wages where low
love working there but I would like to do full time or part time work as I am employed as a casual, my shifts are all over the place, looking for a job where I know what hours and days I am working instead of only knowing a fortnight in advance.
Disgusting company to work for. Management are very one sided and do not listen too staff members. Constantly swear at members of staff and bully them. They spend their shifts sat in the office watching CCTV looking for reasons to tell you off! Worse company to ever work for!!!
Pros
50% lunch
Cons
Treated disgusting. Managers are awful. Bully place!
I liked working there I wish I could work there again. It is a good company to work for over all. The managers were all good. They was great to work with day to day.
Pros
good hours
Cons
sometimes stressful