Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative479 reviews
can be accomadating with shifts. not many benefits, variety of work
mainly till work
some stocking up

good bunch of people to work with

good and bad management

hardest part of the job is dealing with the public

get free tea or coffee
High turnover
If I could give a half star I would. Management and training was a joke. There was no training module. Everyone did things different. There is no janitorial service hired to. clean the bathroom. You are not offered a discount on the food. You could only eat it when it was ready to be thrown out
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Hourly wage wasnt comensurate with the job duties. Unafordable health care cost.
Not great
Training is minimal,
Atmosphere is unpleasant,

Management support is selective.

There's a subculture of grovelling, knee scraping with colleagues prepared to profit from your mistakes and not support new starter.
fast pace but fun workplace
A typical day at BP is putting fresh stock out when delivery arrives, rotating and checking dates on products. Serving customers on the till being barista trained for the wild bean cafe within BP. It is a very fast pace work place having to serve customers authorise the pumps on the forecourt making hot drinks cleaning shelves emptying the bins on the forecourt. The enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your customers and talking to them about their day. I am part of a team at BP which includes all different nationalities.I find my management very approachable and friendly towards their staff.
Clerk
It was okay, it was a job at the time. Loved my customers they was the reasoning of me being there. Pay was not great, and advanment was really not an option.
Good company to work with
I enjoyed working with them every day is different and its very fast paced, hours can be anti social but worth it when pay comes to be fair I would highly recommend working with the company as you can progress on to work upto management if course available and you willing to do it .
Poor management
The management decided to underpay me since the franchise owner was an Indian. I didn’t know I was underplayed. Not just me 100s of students in Australia still go through this. I complained at the main head office and they didn’t care even a bit.
Hands on experience on multitasking
Working in a reputed fuel station site all alone on a highway was challenging as there are customers coming into the shop all the time but helped me hone my multitasking skills as I simultaneously helped the customers with their needs in the shop, operated the till and gave access to other customers to use the fuel pumps while also building relationships with them. This was a typical day at work including meeting the KPIs of the store in cleaning and safety standards.
good
supervisor is really good. he trained well to the new staff. Other staff were good too. Must focussed job and you need to be really active in sales type of job
Pros
development of communication skills
Cons
no break time
Last manager was very nasty and belittled everyone
I was there for just under 6 years the first
two managers were really great but the last manager was a very nasty person she made working there very stressful and an un happy environment which was a pitty as it was a great job and the customers were very nice aswell.
Good place
Was fun and exciting always something new that was happening no two days were the same, pay was decent if you got the right shifts. Best part was the regular customers
Good company
It’s a fast pace company to work for as it’s part of m&s so it’s not just a petrol station.

Staff are great to work with too. Every day is a different day
Challenging
Day to Day peak hour challenges.
Working with a competitive and professional team

Learned time management, teamwork and professional communication with colleagues and customers
workplace and culture
the workplace and culture here was really good, i enjoyed learning new things about the fuel industry and being able to bond with regular customers. i also got along with the fellow staff
Great peole
I loved working there fun to work great boss, nice people. is a fast pace and lots to do. I started as a full time. was a walk-in use to work for the shell down the street and when I came back to town my old boss got me this job. i loved working for both of them.
Great team to work with everyone looks after eachother. It's hard work but rewarding even if it is just the five minutes you give to the old boy who probably only talks to a handful of people. I find the management team very flexible and helpful always willing to listen if you have any issues. If you put the hard work in you are rewarded for it with progression in the company.
Fast Paced
Working for BP is very fast paced and sometimes stressful during busy periods. You need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be resilient to rude and arrogant customers.
Good
Pleasant place to work, good management, good team mates. Always supporting each other. Fair wages, fast paced but it's always good to be busy! Understanding managers
Almost good
There is a culture that puts management under too much stress, as many of the goals are obviously unattainable. In both of the sites I have worked at, the culture is good, together with good interaction among the staff.
My first job
The management was ok, salary was less, i learned a lot in here, and workplace culture was good, the most enjoyable part was communicating with customers and maintaining the store.
Fast working time goes quickly
I have 13 years working experience in Bp .Still I missed my work.But I could not have to transfer to Colchester area.Still looking for a job kind of customer service assistance.As a part timer.
Pros
50% off good in break time
Cons
1/2 hour for break and paid also
1.5K