Here to help: Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative487 reviews
Bp
As I worked nights the management were not on site so I led the team. Plenty of work to do as it was a newly opened service area on a major intersection. The pay is minimum wage regardless of whether your leading the team or just a team member. Most of the customers are regular visitors but in your first few weeks you have a fair amount of training to do which does involve working on the computer at home. Various shifts are available though benefits are low. Good variation of work available.
workplace and culture
the workplace and culture here was really good, i enjoyed learning new things about the fuel industry and being able to bond with regular customers. i also got along with the fellow staff
Great peole
I loved working there fun to work great boss, nice people. is a fast pace and lots to do. I started as a full time. was a walk-in use to work for the shell down the street and when I came back to town my old boss got me this job. i loved working for both of them.
Great team to work with everyone looks after eachother. It's hard work but rewarding even if it is just the five minutes you give to the old boy who probably only talks to a handful of people. I find the management team very flexible and helpful always willing to listen if you have any issues. If you put the hard work in you are rewarded for it with progression in the company.
Fast Paced
Working for BP is very fast paced and sometimes stressful during busy periods. You need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be resilient to rude and arrogant customers.
Good
Pleasant place to work, good management, good team mates. Always supporting each other. Fair wages, fast paced but it's always good to be busy! Understanding managers
Almost good
There is a culture that puts management under too much stress, as many of the goals are obviously unattainable. In both of the sites I have worked at, the culture is good, together with good interaction among the staff.
My first job
The management was ok, salary was less, i learned a lot in here, and workplace culture was good, the most enjoyable part was communicating with customers and maintaining the store.
Fast working time goes quickly
I have 13 years working experience in Bp .Still I missed my work.But I could not have to transfer to Colchester area.Still looking for a job kind of customer service assistance.As a part timer.
Pros
50% off good in break time
Cons
1/2 hour for break and paid also
Fun Workplace
BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.
Always Busy
Working with BP is a good experience in my career. Learning day by day new things. Serving more than 500 customers on each shift. The hardest part of the job is doing Solo shift ( Manage all the things alone )
Fun workplace
This was a nice and warm environment for me to work in. Very friendly staff and management never locked down and colleagues or staff. Very helpful to new staff and good practice of team work despite hard work.
Pros
Free coffee and subsidised lunch
Cons
Insufficient security to staff against shoplifting and thieves especially for the night shift
No recognition for employees
No recognition for employees, company support only the side of management and believes them no matter the management do wrong this is very very bad side this company!
Employees is always wrong even though they do right thing ! Company doesn’t defend the employees very sad
Good Workplace
I was a CSA in 2 different stores. My role in both stores was identical, the BP way of working is excellent. You repeat the same routines each day, as a team and everyone knows what is required. You are well protected as an employee - you have lots of rights and job security. I frequently saw colleagues of mine gain promotions up the management structure, the opportunities are definitely there for employees to make career progress. I was well looked after by my managers and when I did have disciplinary issues there was a fair system in place.
easy job, friendly managers
job included stacking the shop floor, pulling forward, date rotation, cleaning, till work, reductions, making coffees.
really easy job, not always super busy, managers are friendly and talk to you with respect which is really important

the worse part of the job is (depending on who is the manager on shift) if youre new you'll get stuck on tills and they wont take you off which can be super boring
Worked part time
I only worked part time at BP. It really depends if the store that you are working at is company or privately owned. Most of the managers were easy to work for though. I liked to keep busy and it made the time go by fast!I don't know but I was making around 10 dollars per hour but that was about 6 years ago...
Caa
Absolutly terrible no personal skills or cares about staff. Just use u as labour. Very little training or progression training offered even though promised.
previous employee
management where rude and didnt want to know if something happend, understaffed rushed off feet, problems all over, the shop was a mess, hygiene problems, staff didnt get on, nasty vibes, management backstab and swaps shifts left right and centre, none of the guidlines are followed, they have favourites if they didnt like you they you would know.... foul place to work!!!
great
great place to hone and enhance one's skills, there is lots to learn if you are alert and active. you can learn how to take decisions and plan, gain and understanding of numbers.
Lively happy place
Great place to work.
Staff discount is quite poor considering the size of the company.

I'm lucky to have a good team of colleagues and management to work with and this goes a long way in making it a good place to work.

I feel supported and valued in my job
A good workplace with hardly any negatives
Enjoyable place to work, management are nice people, and you feel as if your job is secure, you aren't overworked and there is a variety of jobs you get to do. Only negatives are some of the shift times (2pm until 10pm isn't very nice) and sometimes the shifts are forced upon you without warning. Other than that I would recommend working here wholly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K