Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative495 reviews
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful
It was okay, it was a job at the time. Loved my customers they was the reasoning of me being there. Pay was not great, and advanment was really not an option.
I enjoyed working with them every day is different and its very fast paced, hours can be anti social but worth it when pay comes to be fair I would highly recommend working with the company as you can progress on to work upto management if course available and you willing to do it .
The management decided to underpay me since the franchise owner was an Indian. I didn’t know I was underplayed. Not just me 100s of students in Australia still go through this. I complained at the main head office and they didn’t care even a bit.
Working in a reputed fuel station site all alone on a highway was challenging as there are customers coming into the shop all the time but helped me hone my multitasking skills as I simultaneously helped the customers with their needs in the shop, operated the till and gave access to other customers to use the fuel pumps while also building relationships with them. This was a typical day at work including meeting the KPIs of the store in cleaning and safety standards.
supervisor is really good. he trained well to the new staff. Other staff were good too. Must focussed job and you need to be really active in sales type of job
Pros
development of communication skills
Cons
no break time
I was there for just under 6 years the first
two managers were really great but the last manager was a very nasty person she made working there very stressful and an un happy environment which was a pitty as it was a great job and the customers were very nice aswell.
Was fun and exciting always something new that was happening no two days were the same, pay was decent if you got the right shifts. Best part was the regular customers
It’s a fast pace company to work for as it’s part of m&s so it’s not just a petrol station.

Staff are great to work with too. Every day is a different day
Day to Day peak hour challenges.
Working with a competitive and professional team

Learned time management, teamwork and professional communication with colleagues and customers
the workplace and culture here was really good, i enjoyed learning new things about the fuel industry and being able to bond with regular customers. i also got along with the fellow staff
Great team to work with everyone looks after eachother. It's hard work but rewarding even if it is just the five minutes you give to the old boy who probably only talks to a handful of people. I find the management team very flexible and helpful always willing to listen if you have any issues. If you put the hard work in you are rewarded for it with progression in the company.
Working for BP is very fast paced and sometimes stressful during busy periods. You need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be resilient to rude and arrogant customers.
Pleasant place to work, good management, good team mates. Always supporting each other. Fair wages, fast paced but it's always good to be busy! Understanding managers
There is a culture that puts management under too much stress, as many of the goals are obviously unattainable. In both of the sites I have worked at, the culture is good, together with good interaction among the staff.
The management was ok, salary was less, i learned a lot in here, and workplace culture was good, the most enjoyable part was communicating with customers and maintaining the store.
I have 13 years working experience in Bp .Still I missed my work.But I could not have to transfer to Colchester area.Still looking for a job kind of customer service assistance.As a part timer.
Pros
50% off good in break time
Cons
1/2 hour for break and paid also
BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.
Working with BP is a good experience in my career. Learning day by day new things. Serving more than 500 customers on each shift. The hardest part of the job is doing Solo shift ( Manage all the things alone )
This was a nice and warm environment for me to work in. Very friendly staff and management never locked down and colleagues or staff. Very helpful to new staff and good practice of team work despite hard work.
Pros
Free coffee and subsidised lunch
Cons
Insufficient security to staff against shoplifting and thieves especially for the night shift
No recognition for employees, company support only the side of management and believes them no matter the management do wrong this is very very bad side this company!
Employees is always wrong even though they do right thing ! Company doesn’t defend the employees very sad