BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 446 reviews matching the search See all 3,706 reviews
Good company to work for and opportunities to rise in management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  WinchesterMarch 16, 2019
Caring for customers it the big focus and maintaining standards across the whole company.
Working the tills and helping the customers and getting to know regulars who come in, chatting to them and learning their orders and likes.
Team work is great and works well, with each person strengths and weaknesses to allow a smooth running store.
You need to be able to multitask in some areas, but working alone as well using initiative.
There is no real hard part to the job it is all easy to do once you learned the main things.
Keeping the customers happy is the best part.
Pros
staff discount for break time food.
Cons
Need a car to get to my local one to work
Good part-time job while studying
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, AucklandMarch 14, 2019
Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baldivis WAMarch 9, 2019
Great place to work. Can get extremely busy, and a lot of loyal customers return. Great experience in the Wild Bean Café. There is always something to do - assigned jobs eg: pump clean, refresh cool rooms and store replenishment, coffee making, and heating food for the cabinets, café cleaning, are among the assigned jobs.
fun but not really progressive
Customer Service Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  BraintreeFebruary 28, 2019
didn't get a chance to learn past basics of the job. The people are nice but not supportive when it comes to career progression or offering chances to progress.
eccllent place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton, BedfordshireFebruary 7, 2019
iv been working here sine I came from bangldesh 13 years ago and its been a brilliant experience.i get a decent amount of break and a lovelry team to work with.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
salary can be better
Horrible
CSA (Current Employee) –  Cheadle HulmeJanuary 27, 2019
The store is run on limited staff, Self learning on e-learning.
Management don't interact enough with staff only bothered about company bosses coming into store.Staff under a lot of pressure to do multi jobs while on shift.Not given the time to work safely.Best part of the job is when you finish shift.Staff moral is always low.
Pros
Cons
Over worked underpaid
Online application process - Never heard anything further
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh DelamereJanuary 25, 2019
This is the typical big company that want a lot and offer nothing in return.

The job description was hilarious, littered with spelling mistakes, while advising you needed to have a good standard of literacy.

The application process is done online, you can't call BP Retail to discuss anything, special requirements etc.

However I completed the BP retail online application process...... never heard anything again.

My advice - AVOID multi-nationals, they just seem to be worker fodder factories.
Pros
The could spell their own company name.
Cons
Arrogant and uninterested in potential employees.
Disgusting
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough, BerkshireJanuary 21, 2019
Never work there .
Brands hill bp is an absolute disgrace the staff have no idea how to respect others.

The manager is being fooled by all the freshies who steal and do fraud.
Pros
Cons
Staff is disgusting
Friendly, supportive, good variation of work
Customer Service Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  BesthorpeJanuary 18, 2019
Supportive, teamwork orientated, variable work. Friendly atmosphere. Large shop so plenty of space to work. Minimum wage until after 3 month probation period. 4 different shifts to work and workplace only reachable by car so you have to be flexible to work here. Most assistants seem to work part time, 16 hours per week.
Pros
free unlimited coffees, subsidised lunch and shopping discount, team work orientated and supportive
Cons
minimum wage at first, shift work and no public transoirt
Nice place, shifts very repetitive
Customer Service assistant (Former Employee) –  BagshotJanuary 14, 2019
Loved working here. Shifts were lovely, so were hours, tough when doing both day and night shifts but that’s due to your chosen availability.
Not a lot of communication from management but it has gotten better now.
Pros
50% off food if it comes to £6
Cons
Bad management
Quiet workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJanuary 13, 2019
Night Shifts 10pm - 6am

Working in a demanding environment - tasks include;
Serving customers at till
Serving customers beverages and hot meals
Replenishing Stock
Maintaining a clean environment
Handling stock deliveries
Pros
Quiet at Night and 1/2 price lunch
Cons
Either work alone or with one other person
Only fun when on shift with someone happy
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  WickfordJanuary 12, 2019
One manager no names very very rude needs to have anger management or on them sort of lines many have left because of this person.
Very cold place to work in.
Not the best and warmest clothes they provide you with.
Very busy and hands on.
Pay is better than most I guess.
Pros
Paid lunch, discount on lunch
Cons
Stingy 15% discount for m&s bp garage STAFF. Long 8 hour shifts if you have children
Wonderful people to work with amd is a family owned business.
Customer Service/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2019
This was a wonderful environment to work in. The owner is very fair, considerate and accommodating to emergency time off. There is just no advancement. This is a family owned company therefore we were all very close. Very nice place to work.
Odd working hours and huge work load
Customer Service Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  BP PerthDecember 18, 2018
I work at one of BP stores in Perth. The biggest problem we are facing is cutting down of staff at most of the BP stores. So the employees are under a lot of stress and huge pressure not just to serve a lot of customers alone but also to do so many activities as well such as stock filling, cleaning the shop which can be very tiring.
The salary is reasonable. We can penalty rates for working on weekends. But there are very bleak possibilities of promotion.

Also, they don't let you sit so you have to stand all day... throughout your shift which can be challenging for some..
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
A lot of work and pressure, all day on feet, odd working hours
fast-paced friendly enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHDecember 11, 2018
It was fun an easy to keep a smile and hold conversations with loving people. I never had a bad day there. worked for the nicest manager. Also a very clean environment to work in.
Positive workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWDecember 8, 2018
As a customer service representative, I used to enjoy my job each and every moment meeting and greeting the people where the whole team was fun loving energetic, the best part was the manager who was very much experienced which gave me a chance to learn a lot ,
Pros
professional workplace with experienced and fun loving people
Cons
work place where i learned a lot
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, BedfordshireDecember 6, 2018
i have learned a lot from this job, started job from 5am to 1pm five days a week. i have learned to communicate with colleagues customer and made friends.
i have been working hard therefore they offered me a management job. training to become manager there.
Pros
50% discount on food to eat on site
Cons
8 hours a day
Avoid
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, DorsetDecember 1, 2018
Terrible atmosphere, as it’s such a closed in work space, especially with employees who have worked there for years, who are not great to the younger members of staff. Management is okay and they try to help you and treat everyone equally still certain members of staff get angry/ annoyed with you if you don’t know how to do something or need help. You can enjoy the job to a certain level but the hours are long and the older members of staff are very difficult to get on with a lot of the time. I myself literally had people telling lies about me to try and get me into trouble. not a pleasant experience.
Pros
50% percent off during your break time on everything.
Cons
long hours, not much training
It is a confortable and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the joking behaviors but also enjoyed talking with and helping my customers. I kept everything stocked and cleaned and ready for the morning rush. My manager was very understanding and helpful in so many ways. I miss working there but I needed a new start.
Excellent place to work at some customers can be rude
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Luton, BedfordshireNovember 26, 2018
At bp the most enjoyable part was to have a conser conservations with Customers to make their day and also they make my day.Ithink the hardest part of the job is that the team was not good which lead to promblems..
Pros
Good customers

51.4K