Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative479 reviews
can be accomadating with shifts. not many benefits, variety of work
mainly till work
some stocking up

good bunch of people to work with

good and bad management

hardest part of the job is dealing with the public

get free tea or coffee
You are a cashier stocker ordering putting order away check in vendor's.making coffee cooking plus some BP have gaming in them you watch people in the gaming area.
Good Part Time job
This job was useful during my time at university as management were very flexible with me moving back and forth which allowed for a stable job during my time at university wihich i believe was beneficial
Pros
Most of management are friendly
Cons
Some shifts are forced upon you
Productive and developing place
Competitive pay, travel perks, great growth and there you find right executive to take you on
Terrible management no team moral and no breaks at all. Even if you do over 8 hours and the managers there to relieve you they still wont give you a b
The worst job ive ever had. No team spirit at all, such high pressure sales very pushy. Management terrible and very rude to staff. No one turning up for shifts and when i couldnt cover they acted like i was the one who didnt turn up for my shift and got annoyed with me.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No breaks
Bad people
I wanted a break to get my bearings and then I was spoken to, in quite a cheeky manner by the manager with; "You had your chance" and I thought, really? This was when I wanted to go back and do more work for them, and they have the NERVE to say that? Unprofessional and Highly demotivational, I would NEVER recommend this company AVOID.
Cons
Management, Long shifts with no stool to sit on. 8 hours on your feet? No thanks.
Horrible workplace.
No overtime/holiday pay even though it's law.
No days off of any kind.

Owner lies about what he pays new hjres which causes them to leave.

Owner in general is not even a part of this store.

If you like having to bicker with people because they have no idea how to put gas in they're car every day, sure go for it.

Stay away from this place for your sanity.
Fast pacing environment to work in.
Its easy bur frustrating when you monitoring every move being made. It is a very fast pacing, smooth job but once again frustrating from the management
Heavy workload
Very heavy workload (night shift). Baking all the food for the next day, stocking the whole store -day staff never seemed to fill anything. Cleaning the whole store. Sorting the newspapers for return and inventories of the next days. All while running the pumps and tills (this was a busy store at night). Long hours, supposed to have an hour break -never got one as otherwise my work wouldn’t have been all done. All the training is online and they tell you that you will be paid for the hours it takes you at home -never received. And if your hours end at 7am you can look forward to finishing at 7:45 at least (can’t go until ALL your jobs are done). When I interviewed job advancement was made a big deal, but since I joined the store I learned that within 6 months this store was going to no longer have night managers and as I could only work nights this meant I had nowhere to advance to.
Pros
Free coffee and Store discount -although store is expensive so not really.
Cons
Long hours. Can’t sit down. Massive workload
Productive and fun
The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people and working with an amazing team. A typical day is full of laughs, learning of new things, the hardest part is standing on your feet for long periods of time.
busy environment
I usually do the night shifts, so I interact with the customers in the morning time. At night i would be busy with my shift activities and serving the customers through night pay window. Overall its good for the part time.
Terrible place to work
I worked there for 6years, managers are too faced, shifts were not fair at all. Some staff got everything that wanted meaning shifts while some had the rubbish shifts & no social life.they tell you, you can further your career but that’s not true at all, just a very unfair work place.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
No social life
A place for growth.
Ive been with the company almost 2 years and Ive had a few managers. Theyve all been amazing. The workplace is challenging and fun. I have grown and I know my co workers have grown as well.
Awful management.
Managers and BP in general DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. I've been bullied and harassed and nothing got done. A young girl was sexually harassed here and they turned a blind eye. You'd do best not to work here.

Everything they tell you in the interview be ready for 10x more work which they don't tell you about but expect you to do.
Pros
½ off lunch up to £6
Cons
Management, hours/shifts/work load
Fun and exciting while working
This place is always exciting to work. As I am working as a console operator, I get a chance to meet and talk to many types of mentalities which excites me. Some people are very good at sharing their experiences which makes me learn something out of that.
Horrible Management
One of the worst job experiences of my life. Got horrible hours which led to me having no social life. When asked to change things, got my hours cut down. Manager is super temperamental.
Productive and friendly eviroment
While working for BP you learn many things from the correct way to approach and interact with customers on a daily basis and how to work in a safe and productive manner
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
shift patterns
What can I say
Had been an unpleasant company to work for, working 8 hour shifts with no lunch break or a 15 minute break.

Management were unsupportive and uninterested.

Did not enjoy the environmental experience.
Bp job
Its a good first job, learned a lot about working in customer service. It was a good starting point and I think any young person would enjoy it. Im just ready to move on
Pros
Discount items
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun workplace
Through-out my time at BP Simply Food I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there. The staff were all so lovely and the work was made to feel fun! I was never bored as there was always a job to be done; this also made my shifts go quicker as I was always busy doing something.
great place to work
serving customers, cooking and cleaning. Meeting different people and BP is a great company to work for.
The hardest part of the job was doing extended working hours when your co-workers call in sick.

I learnt how to prepare coffee and did short order cooking.
1.5K