Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative495 reviews
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful
I was a CSA in 2 different stores. My role in both stores was identical, the BP way of working is excellent. You repeat the same routines each day, as a team and everyone knows what is required. You are well protected as an employee - you have lots of rights and job security. I frequently saw colleagues of mine gain promotions up the management structure, the opportunities are definitely there for employees to make career progress. I was well looked after by my managers and when I did have disciplinary issues there was a fair system in place.
job included stacking the shop floor, pulling forward, date rotation, cleaning, till work, reductions, making coffees.
really easy job, not always super busy, managers are friendly and talk to you with respect which is really important

the worse part of the job is (depending on who is the manager on shift) if youre new you'll get stuck on tills and they wont take you off which can be super boring
I only worked part time at BP. It really depends if the store that you are working at is company or privately owned. Most of the managers were easy to work for though. I liked to keep busy and it made the time go by fast!I don't know but I was making around 10 dollars per hour but that was about 6 years ago...
Absolutly terrible no personal skills or cares about staff. Just use u as labour. Very little training or progression training offered even though promised.
management where rude and didnt want to know if something happend, understaffed rushed off feet, problems all over, the shop was a mess, hygiene problems, staff didnt get on, nasty vibes, management backstab and swaps shifts left right and centre, none of the guidlines are followed, they have favourites if they didnt like you they you would know.... foul place to work!!!
great place to hone and enhance one's skills, there is lots to learn if you are alert and active. you can learn how to take decisions and plan, gain and understanding of numbers.
Great place to work.
Staff discount is quite poor considering the size of the company.

I'm lucky to have a good team of colleagues and management to work with and this goes a long way in making it a good place to work.

I feel supported and valued in my job
Enjoyable place to work, management are nice people, and you feel as if your job is secure, you aren't overworked and there is a variety of jobs you get to do. Only negatives are some of the shift times (2pm until 10pm isn't very nice) and sometimes the shifts are forced upon you without warning. Other than that I would recommend working here wholly.
I worked here for a period of 11 months and they didn't remember that I had my daughter every 2nd weekend and didn't do the roster accordingly. Early morning and late nights made it very difficult with my daughter and the work/life balance
Pros
Met lots of interesting people
Cons
Terrible hours
Working in the fuel station was a new thing everyday. It was good to wake up early and open the shop and greet new and local customers in the door and
Pros
Extra shifts
Cons
Rude local customers
Having been there for 3 and half years, I had learn a lot under the tutelage of the management. It eventually becomes like a family. The team harmony and spirit, the co operation and banter. However there are factors which let down the desire to work there. Like favouritism, un-necessary work loads, lack of suitable pay for such work load. The way staff members are treated is another factor. Sometimes the stress isnt worth it and for night members especially, for another 50 pence just to do twice as much work and being talked down to is definitely not worth it,
Managers treating you like a shoe soles. Job is as basic as a ten year old can do it hence no respect and poor money. Do it until you get something better to do and give them a kick afterwards. Politics among managers at its best.
Pros
Cons
No respect, long hours
The schedule was flexible and manageable. Any problems were fixed shortly after. I would definitely work here again. I intend on doing so soon too, for extra hours.
Very mundane job. Managers do not care about the staff at all, and they're very unprofessional. Clear favouritism with members of staff who have been there longer, its all very clicky. If they don't like you, you'll be stuck on the till for the whole 8 hr shift. They couldn't care less about pregnant women either!
The work requires you to be highly flexible as you will need to focus on various tasks.

I have learned to follow the policies in place by BP, when it comes to who you can sell tobacco/Alcohol products. I have also gained skills in being patient with elderly customers, as well as communicating in a friendly and professional manner.

Moreover BP has a great set of both duty managers and manager, who are always there to help you out when something goes wrong or when you have made any mistakes.

Finally the hardest part of the job for me is being able to manage both the coffee station, fuel court and the tills.
Pros
Discounts and great learning resource
Cons
Short breaks
Days cans be really long depending on how busy you are but can be hard trying to stock and watch the forecourt at the same time . But there’s always help if needed
Pros
Friendly staff/customers
Cons
No break
You are a cashier stocker ordering putting order away check in vendor's.making coffee cooking plus some BP have gaming in them you watch people in the gaming area.
This job was useful during my time at university as management were very flexible with me moving back and forth which allowed for a stable job during my time at university wihich i believe was beneficial
Pros
Most of management are friendly
Cons
Some shifts are forced upon you
Competitive pay, travel perks, great growth and there you find right executive to take you on
The worst job ive ever had. No team spirit at all, such high pressure sales very pushy. Management terrible and very rude to staff. No one turning up for shifts and when i couldnt cover they acted like i was the one who didnt turn up for my shift and got annoyed with me.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No breaks