BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fast paced
Its fast paced, i learned how to pull in deliveries and accept them on the system, how to print off reports of daily activities, being part of the management team is hard but im learning new things, the hardest part of my job is trying to get everything done that is expected of me which isnt always easy but i manage it and i find most enjoyable is that we all work well together.
Quiet workplace
Night Shifts 10pm - 6am

Working in a demanding environment - tasks include;

Serving customers at till

Serving customers beverages and hot meals

Replenishing Stock

Maintaining a clean environment

Handling stock deliveries
Pros
Quiet at Night and 1/2 price lunch
Cons
Either work alone or with one other person
Only fun when on shift with someone happy
One manager no names very very rude needs to have anger management or on them sort of lines many have left because of this person.
Very cold place to work in.

Not the best and warmest clothes they provide you with.

Very busy and hands on.

Pay is better than most I guess.
Pros
Paid lunch, discount on lunch
Cons
Stingy 15% discount for m&s bp garage STAFF. Long 8 hour shifts if you have children
Wonderful people to work with amd is a family owned business.
This was a wonderful environment to work in. The owner is very fair, considerate and accommodating to emergency time off. There is just no advancement. This is a family owned company therefore we were all very close. Very nice place to work.
Odd working hours and huge work load
I work at one of BP stores in Perth. The biggest problem we are facing is cutting down of staff at most of the BP stores. So the employees are under a lot of stress and huge pressure not just to serve a lot of customers alone but also to do so many activities as well such as stock filling, cleaning the shop which can be very tiring.
The salary is reasonable. We can penalty rates for working on weekends. But there are very bleak possibilities of promotion.

Also, they don't let you sit so you have to stand all day... throughout your shift which can be challenging for some..
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
A lot of work and pressure, all day on feet, odd working hours
fast-paced friendly enviroment
It was fun an easy to keep a smile and hold conversations with loving people. I never had a bad day there. worked for the nicest manager. Also a very clean environment to work in.
Positive workplace environment
As a customer service representative, I used to enjoy my job each and every moment meeting and greeting the people where the whole team was fun loving energetic, the best part was the manager who was very much experienced which gave me a chance to learn a lot ,
Pros
professional workplace with experienced and fun loving people
Cons
work place where i learned a lot
i have learned a lot from this job, started job from 5am to 1pm five days a week. i have learned to communicate with colleagues customer and made friends.
i have been working hard therefore they offered me a management job. training to become manager there.
Pros
50% discount on food to eat on site
Cons
8 hours a day
Avoid
Terrible atmosphere, as it’s such a closed in work space, especially with employees who have worked there for years, who are not great to the younger members of staff. Management is okay and they try to help you and treat everyone equally still certain members of staff get angry/ annoyed with you if you don’t know how to do something or need help. You can enjoy the job to a certain level but the hours are long and the older members of staff are very difficult to get on with a lot of the time. I myself literally had people telling lies about me to try and get me into trouble. not a pleasant experience.
Pros
50% percent off during your break time on everything.
Cons
long hours, not much training
It is a confortable and fun place to work.
I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the joking behaviors but also enjoyed talking with and helping my customers. I kept everything stocked and cleaned and ready for the morning rush. My manager was very understanding and helpful in so many ways. I miss working there but I needed a new start.
Excellent place to work at some customers can be rude
At bp the most enjoyable part was to have a conser conservations with Customers to make their day and also they make my day.Ithink the hardest part of the job is that the team was not good which lead to promblems..
Pros
Good customers
Lots of things to learn
I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place
Pros
Break times
Cons
Standing
fast paced environment
Overall a good company to work for, many opportunities if you want to work up the ladder. Always something to do, never a dull moment in the workplace.
Bp
Ideal if you work for BP it's self, but if you work for a company that owns a BP Garage you get no benefits for working their you are expected to do more than what you should do on a shift as theres no other way these companies would allow more money to be giving on more staff
Pros
Cons
everything
BP Holborough
very good company to work for. Benefits include 50% off lunch food upto a certain amount, 28 days annual leave and can always help change shifts if needed.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
set shifts
Not the best company
Never work for them again, they are not nice people. Constantly getting put down. Pay rate is below below average. On Christmas day you get some rate you work every other day
Good at times
The company itself is not that great, the people you work with make it much better though. However dealing with rude customers, aggressive shoplifters and people who generally want to either hurt you or make you cry, the pay just isn't good enough, I don't think anyone would want to be hurt over trying to stop a shoplifter nicking a box of chocolates.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Aggressive customers and a lot of extra work
Enjoyed working here
I loved working for BP, and was sorry to have to leave.
I enjoy all aspects of customer service, and this role certainly covered quite a few.

Management was ok.

I didn't care for cleaning the pumps, but it's part of the job.

I got to know a lot of my regular customers, and they were very nice people.
Pros
Free decent coffee.
Cons
Pump cleaning
Simple job.. can be monotonous
Overall not a bad place to work. Easy tasks but can sometimes be monotonous. No benefits. Could be fast paced and stressful at times. Great opportunity to get to know the neighborhood and enhance people skills.
Pros
Fast paced environment makes time go by quickly. Get to know alot of people.
Cons
Often worked alone. Monotonous
very good
This is a good work place. I always happy to work over there. they offer good quality food with good customer service in high price. they offer high salary to staff.
Pros
good salary
Cons
high price goods
Last Resort Job
I have worked for BP for a few months now and there's not much that stikes me as positive about the company. I work as a casual yet have permanent shifts meaning i don't get any benefits of working part-time, but get the joy of doing the same stuff every week without any time off.

I started this job because I needed work that was closer to home and flexible around my university schedule. I got a job that is close to home. As far as being flexible, it couldn't be further from that. I brought in my uni timetable to my manager 2 weeks before the semester was due to start and asked for my shifts to get reduced so I had time to do my studying. For the next 9 weeks straight I did 35 hours a week including overnight shifts and double shifts. I had no time to study and even missed some tutorials due to being overworked with no help. On more than 3 separate occasions I asked for a reduction in shifts and was ignored on all three occasions. Furthermore I'm fairly certain the manager was sexist as a few female staff with uni got whatever time they needed I.E. 1 shift a week whenever they asked for it, meanwhile I get hammered with 5 shifts a week mainly night or overnight shifts.

My second gripe with with their various forms of measuring performance. All measures of performance have to do with promotional sales. Essentially how good are you at wasting people's time, or ripping them off. As a customer I expect the best service to be quick and polite. I don't want to be asked a million questions when I just want to pay and get going. As a worker you get given a huge checklist to do
 - more...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor communication with management, misguided understanding of performance, terrible shifts, sub par training, out of touch company
1.4K