BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 446 reviews matching the search See all 3,704 reviews
Lots of things to learn
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, AucklandNovember 24, 2018
I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place
Pros
Break times
Cons
Standing
fast paced environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLDNovember 20, 2018
Overall a good company to work for, many opportunities if you want to work up the ladder. Always something to do, never a dull moment in the workplace.
Bp
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and WearNovember 9, 2018
Ideal if you work for BP it's self, but if you work for a company that owns a BP Garage you get no benefits for working their you are expected to do more than what you should do on a shift as theres no other way these companies would allow more money to be giving on more staff
Pros
Cons
everything
BP Holborough
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holborough, KentNovember 4, 2018
very good company to work for. Benefits include 50% off lunch food upto a certain amount, 28 days annual leave and can always help change shifts if needed.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
set shifts
Not the best company
ه Customer service (Former Employee) –  Caldermeade VICOctober 17, 2018
Never work for them again, they are not nice people. Constantly getting put down. Pay rate is below below average. On Christmas day you get some rate you work every other day
Good at times
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsOctober 4, 2018
The company itself is not that great, the people you work with make it much better though. However dealing with rude customers, aggressive shoplifters and people who generally want to either hurt you or make you cry, the pay just isn't good enough, I don't think anyone would want to be hurt over trying to stop a shoplifter nicking a box of chocolates.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Aggressive customers and a lot of extra work
Enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chinderah NSWSeptember 26, 2018
I loved working for BP, and was sorry to have to leave.
I enjoy all aspects of customer service, and this role certainly covered quite a few.
Management was ok.
I didn't care for cleaning the pumps, but it's part of the job.
I got to know a lot of my regular customers, and they were very nice people.
Pros
Free decent coffee.
Cons
Pump cleaning
Simple job.. can be monotonous
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catawba, WISeptember 24, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. Easy tasks but can sometimes be monotonous. No benefits. Could be fast paced and stressful at times. Great opportunity to get to know the neighborhood and enhance people skills.
Pros
Fast paced environment makes time go by quickly. Get to know alot of people.
Cons
Often worked alone. Monotonous
very good
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  londonSeptember 19, 2018
This is a good work place. I always happy to work over there. they offer good quality food with good customer service in high price. they offer high salary to staff.
Pros
good salary
Cons
high price goods
Last Resort Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albion Park NSWSeptember 19, 2018
I have worked for BP for a few months now and there's not much that stikes me as positive about the company. I work as a casual yet have permanent shifts meaning i don't get any benefits of working part-time, but get the joy of doing the same stuff every week without any time off.

I started this job because I needed work that was closer to home and flexible around my university schedule. I got a job that is close to home. As far as being flexible, it couldn't be further from that. I brought in my uni timetable to my manager 2 weeks before the semester was due to start and asked for my shifts to get reduced so I had time to do my studying. For the next 9 weeks straight I did 35 hours a week including overnight shifts and double shifts. I had no time to study and even missed some tutorials due to being overworked with no help. On more than 3 separate occasions I asked for a reduction in shifts and was ignored on all three occasions. Furthermore I'm fairly certain the manager was sexist as a few female staff with uni got whatever time they needed I.E. 1 shift a week whenever they asked for it, meanwhile I get hammered with 5 shifts a week mainly night or overnight shifts.

My second gripe with with their various forms of measuring performance. All measures of performance have to do with promotional sales. Essentially how good are you at wasting people's time, or ripping them off. As a customer I expect the best service to be quick and polite. I don't want to be asked a million questions when I just want to pay and get going. As a worker you get given a huge checklist to do
  more... over your shift. It rarely get checked and is never refered to as performance. Ive never worked for a company that cared less for its employees or customers. I don't see any redeeming features in the promotions especially considering they dictate your usefulness to the company. I think if BP stopped trying to use their employees as scapegoats and tried asking them what's wrong with the company they'd be able to improve their service far beyond any stupid promotions.

Just to sum up, this is the type of job you take if you've been looking for months and nothing is coming up. If there's the slightest chance of getting a job somewhere else, even another service station, take it. You're not going to find anything positive about your experience at BP.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor communication with management, misguided understanding of performance, terrible shifts, sub par training, out of touch company
no day is the same
Customer Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  LivingstonSeptember 19, 2018
you are either on the till dealing with customers who buy fuel or food from M&S
we take in deliveries in the morning and in the afternoon. we also take in tankers. mangers are great to work for everyone works well as a team. the hardest part of the job is dealing with thieves. the enjoyable part is helping customers
Pros
staff discount on m&s food
Cons
on your feet for 8 hours
We chat to each other during our free time
customer service (Current Employee) –  Germiston, GautengSeptember 11, 2018
We spend more time doing the job like after that 12 hours we get overtime that are unexpected and we always spend our time with our customers we enjoy and having fun while we are assististing our customers. I make sure everyday that my job is done and sometime its not easy like I getting angry by the customers but I kept it inside and act like everything is alright.
Pros
Go and buy lunch and releave our selves
Cons
Too much hours
na
Customer Service, stock, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHSeptember 6, 2018
This store was on rt.58 in Amherst Ohio they did close this store
although it was fun working there at the time
Employees were great and fun to work with .
Would not recommend
CSR (Current Employee) –  NSWAugust 10, 2018
Casual staff are disposable commodities and at the mercy of managers.

Policies are often idealistic and almost impossible to apply in real world scenarios.

Shifts are fleixible, although this is at manager discretion.

Breaks are sometimes difficult to get, especially if working alone. Staff are expected to continue serving even while on break.
Pros
Staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
Little job security
Grays
CSA (Former Employee) –  Grays, EssexAugust 10, 2018
I worked for BP in the late 1999 brilliant place to work for, Manager supported me, in becoming a trainee manager, But have to leave due to family problems, Went back 1 year ago, what a change, Manager, don't give a dam, as long as the shift is covered, so they can go home, The Manager expect a lot out of you, Stayed a week, wrote to head office told them why I left, not even an acknowledgement from BP Head office, to them your a Number. Keep away from this company
I have done this job as part time
Customer Service Representative / CSR (Former Employee) –  LondonAugust 9, 2018
When i was student in United Kingdom (LONDON) i were doing my ACCA qualification in between that time i start doing this job and it teaches me alot in terms of customer service and the way we give a customer the respect and the owner overall it was a good environment and great management.
just a job
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 6, 2018
It was just a job when I was younger... no benefits. no PTO Or vacation time. If called out no pay that day.... no health insurance, i think i made 8.25 under the table. It was a private owed store.... no recommendation from me...
Excellent Management, fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen CityAugust 6, 2018
colleagues are a good laugh. you'll never be bored. Management will listen to you and try to help personal or professional issues. pays a little over minimum wage. communication lacking between head office and stores.

on the whole it's a good job.
Pros
15% off in shop. 50% off lunch up to £6
The BP service station was a good and intersting place to work.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSWAugust 1, 2018
Working at the BP service station was my first job when i left school.
It was a interesting place to work, and i got to meet and engage with all kinds of people with my various duties within my scope of work,
The staff and management where very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Was close to where i live, and was a good place to work.
Cons
The wages where low
great place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLDAugust 1, 2018
love working there but I would like to do full time or part time work as I am employed as a casual, my shifts are all over the place, looking for a job where I know what hours and days I am working instead of only knowing a fortnight in advance.

51.4K