Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative494 reviews
Happy to gain experience and learning new skills and techniques. Great place to learn about your efficiency as Customer Service Representative and also best place to learn basic stuff about cafe. Learn more from Cafe shifts and best way to be effective in multi-tasking. After working at BP you become more smooth in multi-tasking, communication, etc.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Long Hours less breaks
No overtime/holiday pay even though it's law.
No days off of any kind.

Owner lies about what he pays new hjres which causes them to leave.

Owner in general is not even a part of this store.

If you like having to bicker with people because they have no idea how to put gas in they're car every day, sure go for it.

Stay away from this place for your sanity.
Its easy bur frustrating when you monitoring every move being made. It is a very fast pacing, smooth job but once again frustrating from the management
Very heavy workload (night shift). Baking all the food for the next day, stocking the whole store -day staff never seemed to fill anything. Cleaning the whole store. Sorting the newspapers for return and inventories of the next days. All while running the pumps and tills (this was a busy store at night). Long hours, supposed to have an hour break -never got one as otherwise my work wouldn’t have been all done. All the training is online and they tell you that you will be paid for the hours it takes you at home -never received. And if your hours end at 7am you can look forward to finishing at 7:45 at least (can’t go until ALL your jobs are done). When I interviewed job advancement was made a big deal, but since I joined the store I learned that within 6 months this store was going to no longer have night managers and as I could only work nights this meant I had nowhere to advance to.
Pros
Free coffee and Store discount -although store is expensive so not really.
Cons
Long hours. Can’t sit down. Massive workload
The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people and working with an amazing team. A typical day is full of laughs, learning of new things, the hardest part is standing on your feet for long periods of time.
I usually do the night shifts, so I interact with the customers in the morning time. At night i would be busy with my shift activities and serving the customers through night pay window. Overall its good for the part time.
I worked there for 6years, managers are too faced, shifts were not fair at all. Some staff got everything that wanted meaning shifts while some had the rubbish shifts & no social life.they tell you, you can further your career but that’s not true at all, just a very unfair work place.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
No social life
Ive been with the company almost 2 years and Ive had a few managers. Theyve all been amazing. The workplace is challenging and fun. I have grown and I know my co workers have grown as well.
Managers and BP in general DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. I've been bullied and harassed and nothing got done. A young girl was sexually harassed here and they turned a blind eye. You'd do best not to work here.

Everything they tell you in the interview be ready for 10x more work which they don't tell you about but expect you to do.
Pros
½ off lunch up to £6
Cons
Management, hours/shifts/work load
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
This place is always exciting to work. As I am working as a console operator, I get a chance to meet and talk to many types of mentalities which excites me. Some people are very good at sharing their experiences which makes me learn something out of that.
One of the worst job experiences of my life. Got horrible hours which led to me having no social life. When asked to change things, got my hours cut down. Manager is super temperamental.
While working for BP you learn many things from the correct way to approach and interact with customers on a daily basis and how to work in a safe and productive manner
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
shift patterns
Had been an unpleasant company to work for, working 8 hour shifts with no lunch break or a 15 minute break.

Management were unsupportive and uninterested.

Did not enjoy the environmental experience.
Its a good first job, learned a lot about working in customer service. It was a good starting point and I think any young person would enjoy it. Im just ready to move on
Pros
Discount items
Cons
short breaks
Through-out my time at BP Simply Food I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there. The staff were all so lovely and the work was made to feel fun! I was never bored as there was always a job to be done; this also made my shifts go quicker as I was always busy doing something.
serving customers, cooking and cleaning. Meeting different people and BP is a great company to work for.
The hardest part of the job was doing extended working hours when your co-workers call in sick.

I learnt how to prepare coffee and did short order cooking.
Caring for customers it the big focus and maintaining standards across the whole company.
Working the tills and helping the customers and getting to know regulars who come in, chatting to them and learning their orders and likes.

Team work is great and works well, with each person strengths and weaknesses to allow a smooth running store.

You need to be able to multitask in some areas, but working alone as well using initiative.

There is no real hard part to the job it is all easy to do once you learned the main things.

Keeping the customers happy is the best part.
Pros
staff discount for break time food.
Cons
Need a car to get to my local one to work
Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.
Great place to work. Can get extremely busy, and a lot of loyal customers return. Great experience in the Wild Bean Café. There is always something to do - assigned jobs eg: pump clean, refresh cool rooms and store replenishment, coffee making, and heating food for the cabinets, café cleaning, are among the assigned jobs.
didn't get a chance to learn past basics of the job. The people are nice but not supportive when it comes to career progression or offering chances to progress.
iv been working here sine I came from bangldesh 13 years ago and its been a brilliant experience.i get a decent amount of break and a lovelry team to work with.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
salary can be better