BP Employee Reviews for General Manager

typical gas station
You work 8 hour shifts. Most stores were open 24 hours. You complete transactions for customer buying fuel and other convenience store merchandise. Cleaning and stocking were the other primary responsibilities.
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
operational servive
Give good customer service, scheduling of employees, paperwork, doing reports, stocking , keeping the store clean, cash balancing and operating the lottery machine
Experience IT
What an awesome experience. My training team did such an awesome job. This was my closest example of working within a family business. The people are so supportive of each other.
great place to work
it was a great place to work.
employees were always treated with respect

received paid time off( PTO) vacations

competitive wages

had a chance to grow with company
Great People working for huge company with a tendency for centralized decision making
there are many things that were wrong with BP, but the people working there are great and this makes for wonderful environment.

My biggest complaint about BP (while I worked there) was its tendency to centralize decision making. This is different that my earlier experience with Amoco.

For every bad think I could say about BP there would be 3 good things that make the final verdict positive. i have many opportunities to interface with other companies, there are only a handful i would rather work for than BP.
Pros
People
Excellent place to work
Excellent place to work. They have a system set up for the General Manager to succeed. Always room to expand and move up in the company. It was a great experience.
The management ran into ground, filed bankruptcy.
The BP i was working for filed bankruptcy and I had to step up to maintaining daily management tasks at several locations to save the employees from getting the boot immediately.

As far as the corporation goes, BP does not run any of these locations, they are privately run/owned associations contracted to sell bp gas.

There was a BIG change from the am/pm days where there was some corporate association, but you could quickly tell it went from BP managing thins, to selling things for owner to manage, to "just pay us the royalties".
Communication
Always communication with new and regular coustmer everyday also follow the rules regulation for company to make coustmer happy perfect relation with all staffs and some of the coustmer those who comeing regularly .
Pros
Free fuels
Cons
Long hrs
very demanding
job was very demanding time wise, on a few ocassions i had to work 16 hour shifts, and days off were few and far between. Very stressfull if you have a family.
the best place ive ever worked for.
I managed about 30 employees it was a great environment to work in. My co-workers were the best. salary was great if the company had not franchised out I would have still working for this wonderful company.
Pros
i have nothing to say but this company was great to its employees
Something Different
I appreciate that opportunity that I was given working at BP. If it wasn't for them I would not be where i am today. It was a fun place to work and with the management in place I learned a lot.
Good Job
It was a pretty good job for what it was worth. It paid the bills. I came to work on time, clocked in, did my job, managed the place and then went straight home. It was a laid back job. I have nothing bad to say about it. Id definitely work for BP again if I had the chance. The pay was decent.
Pros
good laid back job.
Cons
difficult people sometimes
Oversaw all aspects of business operations
Hired, trained, scheduled
count drawers go to the bank

stock store and cooler

order stock for the store and the wild bean cafe
coiaching ,staffing,training
be able to put formula together and implement it perfectly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care coverage bad
enjoyable workplace,
Great place to learn customer service because of different customers
Steady Work with Good Customers
Constant activity-POS Register, cleaning, stocking, food prep, displays, Lotto, assisting customers.
Some days go by quickly yet was rewarding/ sense of acomplishment.
Pros
Steady Work, and good Customers
Cons
Got sick due to working 16 Hours shifts because of employee no shows
I loved my days at BP
What a GREAT company to work for! I lvoed all my years there. Too bad the stations went franchise instead of staying corporate.
Same
Same as previous employer BP Products NA... I loved this company and the people I worked with.
Pros
same
Cons
same
nice place to work
BP was always a good company to work for, promotions were good and advancement was available. i would still be there if they didn't sell all thier stores in the United States.
Pros
gas
free car wash
My tipical day at work start with fresh and lots of energy I review what has been done since Ieft yesterday and preirotize what need to be done and assign to CSR
I learn lot in my past jobs like how to improve productivity and make profiteable

I train my co worker some time I learn from them

There was no hard part some time stressful but I like to resolve problemost enjoyable part was to make coustomer happy
Pros
empoyee discount
Cons
no work recognition