Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant72 reviews
Working in a garage can be very busy one minute and dead quiet the next. Apart from staffing the tills, you have to keep on top of the food and shelf filling and watch out for shoplifters and drive outs. BP are hot on teaching the relevant legislation but the daily running of the garage is usually down to the shift manager. Get a good one and no problem but get a bad one and nobody wants to do any work for him/her.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
24/7/365 operation and sometimes not enough staff
Bullies and favorites never change of shift pattern new managers have favorites no team workits gone right down hill no weekends off
Dont waste energy only good thing is pays well training is no existant u are thrown straight into it
Pros
Money
Cons
Where do i start too many chiefs
Great company to start with.

Not too much motivation and opportunity to grow.

Nice flexible hours. Average pay rate. Great perks and discounts.

Needs better management.
Pros
Perks and discounts.
Cons
Poor management.
I enjoyed my time there and ment some nice people good environment to work in was always happy to go to work and they were good shift patterns and ment some nice customers
Pros
50% your meal on shift and 15% rest of time
Cons
Sometimes had to work on your own at nighr
Bad managers, hire staff who dont care and cant do their job properly, leaving people who do care to do all the work! Lots of stress with very little rewards.
Cold condition working in store,
Management very 1 sided, don't listen to colleges, a lot of swearing on shop floor, management wasn't fair to staff, and working for too long a period of time whilst being on a 8 hour shift
Pros
Discount
Cons
Too long hours
good place to work. fun.
would work there again not much to say, just using the essential characters up that are needed...........................................................
worked nights on own, cleaning schedule to do each night, serving customers, shelf filling, stock rotation, date checking, cashing up till each morning for change over,
Pros
uniform
Cons
could get lonely
I used to love working here but over the years things are changing,my hours/times were ideal but short staffed,,even thought it will be hard to leave the people who I’ve worked with I think I am ready to start a new challenge and fresh start
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
I really enjoyed my time at BP. I was working at a family run BP AND everyone was lovely. The manager was lovely and I had the best year working there.
some of the management needed to remember they were just a shift manager. the attitude towards other staff was shocking and was never reviewed when complaints were made. alot of staff left because of this management figure
Pros
50% off shift meals
Cons
always stuck on one shift patteren
Poor management.. staff turn over was crazy and still is! Regularly worked lone shifts 8 hours stood still on a till. Breaks where often cut short. Signed off for health reasons management where not helpful in returning to work when recovering. Manger often watched cctv to find anyway to fire staff. Management pick on weaker staff and use their weakness against them to push them out the business. Area manager no better! If you want to get treated and spoken to like a piece of dog mess this is the job for you!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything about working here
Would not recommend and would never work here again. Absolutely no work-life balance, shockingly-poor management and the staff have to people skills whatsoever. Gave me bad depression working here and had to be signed off work for months before finally leaving
Pros
non
Cons
My typical day was planned , I New what I was doing from day to day . I learned how to work the till , cash lifts and money movement , was trained with refuelling petrol pumps . Filling shelves , working on my own ,
A typical day is very busy during the morning and lunch time. Hardest part is serving many customers all at once and also keep an eye out on the forecourt.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
standing up all day
The management was never seen, the staff were incredibly lazy when no one was watching them, I would get given all the jobs no one else wanted to do. If you're new they take advantage of that. You only get a 30 min break out of 8 hours on shift.
Pros
50% off on break
Cons
I love the job I do. But there is no advantage since iv been there for 4years now to progress, and that's what I want ,, I enjoy working hard and always keep myself busy..
Pros
Cons
weather you work bank holidays, christmas day etc you get no extra pay at all
Management was poor, never cared for they're staff, never had breaks, never aloud you to have a sick day off or you got fired, never had the panic alarms connected nor did they have the doors shut at night.
Pros
going home
Cons
no breaks
a typical day at work would involve serving customers, filling shelves and cleaning duties, i learnt hear that some customers demand a lot from the staff here, the hardest part is having a list of jobs to do in a short space of time.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
I don't mind the anti-social hours. I don't mind the minimum wage.

I do mind the constant abuse we have to take from customers with no support from management, the favouritism, the daily breaches of basic food laws and the constant battle to get the job done whilst understaffed at best and surrounded by idle 'favourites' at worst.

Nobody is reprimanded or named if they do something wrong and they are one of the favourites, but if you're not... you'll have to take the blame for anything that goes wrong on your shift even with CCTV to prove you are blameless.

No wonder so many staff walk out without serving their notice, it really is that bad.
Pros
Some great regular customers who care more for you than your managers do
Cons
A degrading place to work
Despite being told that shifts would vary and I would be working all areas of store I was left on the cafe on late shifts working most weekends. Staff were fab on the whole and made the job bearable but the management was poor (apart from the ones doing late shifts) and had very obvious favourites. Staff were sworn at and some treated badly while others had a blind eye turned when mistakes made. Customers on the whole were nice. Late shift on cafe was mostly cleaning and prep for am shift, became monotonous. Training was exciting and I wish I was working at some of the training branches.
Pros
Free coffee discount on M&S food
Cons
Poor manager with lack of respect.