BP Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 68 reviews matching the search See all 3,719 reviews
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SurreyApril 20, 2018
Bad managers, hire staff who dont care and cant do their job properly, leaving people who do care to do all the work! Lots of stress with very little rewards.
Not good environment to work in.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ely, CambridgeshireMarch 21, 2018
Cold condition working in store,
Management very 1 sided, don't listen to colleges, a lot of swearing on shop floor, management wasn't fair to staff, and working for too long a period of time whilst being on a 8 hour shift
Pros
Discount
Cons
Too long hours
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, SuffolkFebruary 8, 2018
good place to work. fun.
would work there again not much to say, just using the essential characters up that are needed...........................................................
intresting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, EssexJanuary 23, 2018
worked nights on own, cleaning schedule to do each night, serving customers, shelf filling, stock rotation, date checking, cashing up till each morning for change over,
Pros
uniform
Cons
could get lonely
Not enjoying working there anymore
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  WolvistonDecember 12, 2017
I used to love working here but over the years things are changing,my hours/times were ideal but short staffed,,even thought it will be hard to leave the people who I’ve worked with I think I am ready to start a new challenge and fresh start
Bp
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, HampshireOctober 10, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at BP. I was working at a family run BP AND everyone was lovely. The manager was lovely and I had the best year working there.
some great people there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester-le-Street, DurhamSeptember 5, 2017
some of the management needed to remember they were just a shift manager. the attitude towards other staff was shocking and was never reviewed when complaints were made. alot of staff left because of this management figure
Pros
50% off shift meals
Cons
always stuck on one shift patteren
Poor place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, WiltshireAugust 14, 2017
Poor management.. staff turn over was crazy and still is! Regularly worked lone shifts 8 hours stood still on a till. Breaks where often cut short. Signed off for health reasons management where not helpful in returning to work when recovering. Manger often watched cctv to find anyway to fire staff. Management pick on weaker staff and use their weakness against them to push them out the business. Area manager no better! If you want to get treated and spoken to like a piece of dog mess this is the job for you!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything about working here
Hated it
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  MichaelwoodAugust 10, 2017
Would not recommend and would never work here again. Absolutely no work-life balance, shockingly-poor management and the staff have to people skills whatsoever. Gave me bad depression working here and had to be signed off work for months before finally leaving
Pros
non
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hythe, KentAugust 8, 2017
My typical day was planned , I New what I was doing from day to day . I learned how to work the till , cash lifts and money movement , was trained with refuelling petrol pumps . Filling shelves , working on my own ,
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsJuly 17, 2017
A typical day is very busy during the morning and lunch time. Hardest part is serving many customers all at once and also keep an eye out on the forecourt.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
standing up all day
Good pay, bad hours, lazy staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  BasildonJune 7, 2017
The management was never seen, the staff were incredibly lazy when no one was watching them, I would get given all the jobs no one else wanted to do. If you're new they take advantage of that. You only get a 30 min break out of 8 hours on shift.
Pros
50% off on break
loved my job at BP
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gailey, StaffordshireMay 22, 2017
I love the job I do. But there is no advantage since iv been there for 4years now to progress, and that's what I want ,, I enjoy working hard and always keep myself busy..
Pros
Cons
weather you work bank holidays, christmas day etc you get no extra pay at all
Poor Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, CheshireMay 5, 2017
Management was poor, never cared for they're staff, never had breaks, never aloud you to have a sick day off or you got fired, never had the panic alarms connected nor did they have the doors shut at night.
Pros
going home
Cons
no breaks
ok
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Barnetby, LincolnshireMay 2, 2017
a typical day at work would involve serving customers, filling shelves and cleaning duties, i learnt hear that some customers demand a lot from the staff here, the hardest part is having a list of jobs to do in a short space of time.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
If your face doesn't fit, don't apply
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  UKApril 26, 2017
I don't mind the anti-social hours. I don't mind the minimum wage.

I do mind the constant abuse we have to take from customers with no support from management, the favouritism, the daily breaches of basic food laws and the constant battle to get the job done whilst understaffed at best and surrounded by idle 'favourites' at worst.

Nobody is reprimanded or named if they do something wrong and they are one of the favourites, but if you're not... you'll have to take the blame for anything that goes wrong on your shift even with CCTV to prove you are blameless.

No wonder so many staff walk out without serving their notice, it really is that bad.
Pros
Some great regular customers who care more for you than your managers do
Cons
A degrading place to work
Busy but boring
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  MidlandsApril 14, 2017
Despite being told that shifts would vary and I would be working all areas of store I was left on the cafe on late shifts working most weekends. Staff were fab on the whole and made the job bearable but the management was poor (apart from the ones doing late shifts) and had very obvious favourites. Staff were sworn at and some treated badly while others had a blind eye turned when mistakes made. Customers on the whole were nice. Late shift on cafe was mostly cleaning and prep for am shift, became monotonous. Training was exciting and I wish I was working at some of the training branches.
Pros
Free coffee discount on M&S food
Cons
Poor manager with lack of respect.
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laird street BirkenheadApril 11, 2017
Not a good place to work especially the one on laird street management haven't a clue and is a nasty person can cause trouble in an empty room just don't apply for this work
Pros
Nothing is free
Cons
Nothing about the place is good
Equal opportunities employer??????
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend, EssexMarch 21, 2017
Went for an interview, all went well. Went for second interview all went well. I told them I'm pregnant but am willing to work. The manager would not take me purely because of this.

No way is does this business give equal opportunities.

This was at cherry Orchard way Southend toomey group.
Cons
Not the business they say they are.
Organised and professional job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire United KingdomFebruary 5, 2017
A typical day would start off with delivery, in this i got to learn how to do stock counts and organisation of the products being sold. At this time i also got familiar with how the tills operated during busy periods of the day allowing me to be confident in situations that needed to be dealt with. The employees were of different ages, this allowed me to have different conversation with everyone and broadened my knowledge of everyone's lifestyle in comparison to my own. The hardest part of the job was probably the issues with customers if they have complaints because we as staff always had to keep the situation professional and deal with the issues in the best possible way. the most rewarding would be completing tasks on time and seeing the locals with a smile on their face from the hard work that we as a team continuously put in to the company.
Pros
rewards system - smile points online
Cons
inconvenient hours

51.4K