Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant72 reviews
Working in a garage can be very busy one minute and dead quiet the next. Apart from staffing the tills, you have to keep on top of the food and shelf filling and watch out for shoplifters and drive outs. BP are hot on teaching the relevant legislation but the daily running of the garage is usually down to the shift manager. Get a good one and no problem but get a bad one and nobody wants to do any work for him/her.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
24/7/365 operation and sometimes not enough staff
Worked on POS, selling tobacco, food, car goods, housekeeping, stock replenishment, cashing up and working with the general public. I learned how to time manage to get my tasks done without leaving customers waiting. Worked alone so was by all intents and purpose my own boss. The hardest part was the hours from 10 pm to 8 am as its hard sleeping during the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was i was given free reign to do my tasks in my own way allowing for unexpected circumstances to have next to null affect on my work.
Pros
Living close to the premises and every night was different from before
Cons
A lot of work for one man but im good at multi-tasking
A typical day at work would be stocking shelves and serving customers. I learned to become more confident with interacting with customers and how to use the system which BP use along with the lottery machine.
Pros
Enjoyable and fast paced
Working for bp was good, the experience i gained in a full time job was good and the pay was ok. I am only leaving BP as I need a change from retail and the environment I work in as I need to experience new experiences and learn new lessons to advance in a career that is more appropriate for myself.
I disliked this job, it wasnt a challange which made time drag.
As a student British Petroleum has been of great help to me in supporting my daily expenses.
serving customers from counter helping to pack their shopping carriers keeping behind till area clean n tidy making sure there were no hidden dangers for cashiers to trip or fall over management were ok i s,pose never interfered unless pacifically asked a question co-workers fine always lending a hand when needed hardest part was the long standing behind the counter,enjoyable was the chatting with customers as you were serving them n packing there bags
Pros
free coffees
Cons
loved working there got along with al the other staff and was from 3-10 i worked everyday,
Treating customers with respect, greeting them with enthusiasm and going above and beyond to resolve any problems and issues can keep customers coming back. Pleasant and efficient manner, customers remain confident in the company and continue the business relationship. In addition, happy customers help spread positive word-of-mouth.
Pros
break with payment
Cons
nothing
a typical day was very busy from 6am till 7pm.i learned about product dates stock rotation fuel laws and many more.the management were great they did evevry thing possible to help you in your job.i made a lot of new friends at work wich have continued even though i no longer work there.the hardest part of the job was refusing tobacco product sales people didn't like that some were abusive.the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and regular customers, it was nice to see a smiling friendly face through out the day.
Pros
shift changing it was fun learning new parts of jobs
Cons
hours were part time only 16+ hours
Face to face customer serviceSelf Orientated, And Self Motivated
Pros
rapid progress in the career ladder
Cons
unlimited working hours environment
I learned how to handle customer complaints and resolve it even in very busy environment.I developed taking more challenges to run BP garage.There are plenty of things to concentrate at once.I'm doing outstandingly good