Here to help: Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,922 reviews
Did nothing but sit and get paid.
I was backup for the gas station so all I did was sit and get paid. Mostly I would help out costumers, but I would normally just be alone. I didn't really get to work when I want to, just 4 hours a day.
Busy workplace
Working in a garage can be very busy one minute and dead quiet the next. Apart from staffing the tills, you have to keep on top of the food and shelf filling and watch out for shoplifters and drive outs. BP are hot on teaching the relevant legislation but the daily running of the garage is usually down to the shift manager. Get a good one and no problem but get a bad one and nobody wants to do any work for him/her.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
24/7/365 operation and sometimes not enough staff
Not fairly treated,
Jobs for pals and friebds, hidden agendas, do not practice wat is written.
Managers are not supportive

U are victimised by certain managers

Hr do not make fair decisions

They used the legal process to victimise

The managers have their favourites
Solid company- be prepared for re-organization
Bp is an amazing company. They are financially sound, they want to be great. But, the company is constantly re/organizing and Constantly bringing in foreign nationals to run the US market. These people are great but lack US expertise. Also, there’s a culture of constant re/organization. Be prepared to excel or be forced to move on.
Good one
It was good experience. My leads are very helpful and nice towards me.They are good English people. Omani's and some Indians are come as their subordinates,everything becomes not as well before.
Attractive Remuneration and Benefits, Reliable and Stable Long Term Employment
Wonderful place to work in if you're seeking job security and considerable remuneration. office politics is slightly skewed but manageable. Company structure is very structured and rigid with limited opportunity for movement atypical of oil companies. but overall a good place to provide for family until you age well into retirement.
No work-life balance
I worked at BP as a contractor. While many of the people were good to work with, the ones that weren't were bad in big ways so it overshadowed the good. Some managers were known to be problems yet were allowed to stay in their positions and treat people disrespectfully and unprofessionally. The manager I worked with most had no issue with providing comments on a document we prepared every week at the close of business on Wednesday and just expected me to stay late on that day every week, which was a hardship. I ended up completing my initial contract term and moving on when it was obvious work-life balance and good culture was talked about but not really lived.
Management needs oversight
Poor Store manager. Hire date was 8/19-3/20/2020 was my end date. Enjoyed my customers, they really made my day. Have a racist environment at Store.ok!
Customer service need someone who is so understand and not have a short temper. Loyalty is one of the moat important aspect.
Working with different kinds of people must be one of the very stressing work because you meet a diffent kinds of people who come with different moods so is very important to make it a point that u you know how to deal with them.
A good company to work for pay is good location is great this is a great area to live and raise a family a great workforce vast majority of fellow employees are good people and easy to work with
Productive and Challenging Environment to work in
A great company culture that allows for entrepreneurial thinking with great support from peers and colleagues. The company is focused on growing in their sector and supports employees to develop different skills that will allow them to contribute to innovative thinking that will deliver on sustainable growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was working collaboratively to find solutions to business problems that will allow new ways to deal with competitor and market challenges.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Decision Making sometimes long and drawn out
Good part time
Pay window not the best. No direct deposit options. Paper checks late in afternoon. Just got message saying pay checks delayed because company paid taxes before paying employees. With covd19, I've lost over 16 hrs. Now can't get paid. Not once has my manager came to me to talk about it and see how the company can help out or assist me in unemployment. That's just shows how important we are to this company. Got
Good Culture
Good place to work, but undergoing huge change right now, so lots of re organisation and changes in roles. Good benefits package and work environment.
Can be challenging to get things done as such a huge business
better
Am tying to explain better way to learn how communicate with society. and primary opportunity benefit serve my self and community. the most important things access of job availability.
Muy buena esperencia
La esperencia fue muy buena tanto con los jefes como los compañeros,daban todo vestuario que haría falta.El trato con los jefes era muy familiar
It's best job for students
I have the best manager who supported me as an employer. BP is one of the best place to work specially hernsbay as we get one of the best customers and the work is good
Friendly and Interactive
It was great to work at BP. The management was very friendly and caring, the team was great. Nice people around, built up long term relationship with customers.
Poor management
Where I worked in L48, BP had poor management. Only thought of themselves. You were only a number to them. Tell you one thing one day the next day it was different. Not trustworthy. Ruined a lot of careers.
New experinence
Disadvantage:
- Need proper two way communications

-lack of decision on time and problems solving method

-which adds issues every time

- often changing manager which creates problem

- senior staffs dominate new staff and leave all jobs for them and put blames for new staffs.

- information are not provided on time by manager for any simple changes which creates misunderstanding between staffs .

- lack of politeness and kindness

- people are loud

- lots of wastage of foods and discount for staff is very low.

Advantage

- payment on time

- good coffee and quality on products

- quality of fuel is way better

- opportunities for students like us

- great customer service

- flexible hours

- available everywhere

- brand reputation

I enjoy working in Bp regardless the drawbacks.
Good to work in cafe
Good to work just as a cafe member or team lead. Not on any other departments. Management is not that great. Monetary benefits with heaps of staff discounts.
Manager have favours, even the hrs just gave his favours peole.
I am not comfortable at work
I love my job but even when i passed a motor mistry car i don't get encourage in my management. I feel like i can get other job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K