BP Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,788 reviews
Constantly felt like you could never do enough
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VICAugust 20, 2019
Was hard to have career progression unless you have a degree..
Across the table expectations was never the same for all Site Managers. Would never work for them again.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Was never appreciated for the hard work
Was excited to energy trading business
Data Architect/DB Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2019
Enjoyed working in Energy trading data warehousing & reporting. Excited to build DOA administration application for global deployment and developed data model for Credit risk management. The most enjoyable part work is building business critical applications that provide value to the business
Not a good place to work as contractor
Geomatics Cartographer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen CityAugust 20, 2019
Poor management within the department I work in, made to feel as if you are not part of the team. Always looked upon as if 'oh they're just a contractor, they must be earning a fortune'. In fact all full time employees received bonuses and reward gifts this year but nothing as far a contract staff are concerned. Daily rate cut three years ago and not risen since despite annual requests. Contractors be aware.
Good learning opportunity
Risk Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  JakartaAugust 20, 2019
Throughout the internship experience in BP, I have learned a lot how to handle a project from end-to-end. Even though I was only an intern, the manager has been very great in giving me the opportunity to handle a project on my own as well as mentored me along the way. At the end of the program, I was given the opportunity to present it to the Director of the GWO division, which was both challenging and exciting for my professional development.
Pros
work-life balance, good mentorship
Cons
no significant drawbacks observed
Management and owners did not want to pay what they owed.
Wittock CPA (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 19, 2019
Management was poor and business almost failed. Hired 100 people and didn't train them and promised them huge commissions and didn't follow through with them or myself.
Productive Workplace
OPERATOR MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAAugust 19, 2019
Steady work environment and chances for advancement. The company offers a variety of bonuses. Work hours are long and sometimes extend into extra overtime hours.
Average
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDAugust 19, 2019
Working here taught me patience. Dealing with people can be tricky so you have to know how to treat them because everyone who walks in is different. Management was very particular and worried about the wrong things- felt as if they cared more about money then the customers who walked in.
Hours are difficult
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Launceston TASAugust 19, 2019
I worked here for a period of 11 months and they didn't remember that I had my daughter every 2nd weekend and didn't do the roster accordingly. Early morning and late nights made it very difficult with my daughter and the work/life balance
Pros
Met lots of interesting people
Cons
Terrible hours
It was overall a great place to work
Manager of the deli (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 18, 2019
It was a great place to work. I had my own work space I pretty much ran the whole deli. I cooked, cleaned. I did the truck orders. I also unloaded the truck.
Good place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calcutta, OHAugust 16, 2019
It wasnt like i thought it would be. They didnt really want to help me out got frustrated with me when i messed up a diesel pump. They didn't want to actually teach me showed me but didn't want to teach me
Fab place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norton Canes, StaffordshireAugust 16, 2019
Great at getting shifts to work around your personal life.
Good rates of pay and holidays.
Uniforms provided.
Great opportunity to progress if wanted.
Pros
Great rate of pay.
Cons
Some incredibly busy shifts.
It was fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 16, 2019
This was one of the most fun jobs I've ever had, there really wasnt much physical labor involved. It was all mental math and psychology and memory. Equally as hard in it's own right.
AmaZing!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 15, 2019
An Amazing place to work! I worked there during the Macondo Oil Spill. BP paid very well. They provided many amenities from massages, free transportation, housing, snacks and 3 (free) meals a day!
it had it's busy moments
Gas Station Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIAugust 15, 2019
I opened so had to be there at 4 am to open at 5 am. I had to clean. stock, and wash, what the closer did not do before we opened also make coffee and tea throughout the day. clean, stock, inventory, and ordering products.
BP Lubricants
Sales and Marketing Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 15, 2019
BP Lubricants currently has morale problems from them having multiple layoffs and reorganizations year after year. This is not a happy place to be right now.
Manager problems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 14, 2019
The manager there is very immature. He’s not fair and does not stick to his words. He can be described and petty and a bully to some of the employees.
Great job for college students
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2019
Was a great job for someone with little to no responsibilities loved the company jus pay was low management was awesome very flexible if ever needed a second job would go back
No chance for career buidling
Service Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-On-ThamesAugust 14, 2019
After 10 years, I have seen at least 5 reorganisations which have always resulted in a cull of the workforce and the survivors being appointed to new roles. You have to stick to these new roles for 2 years, so just as you might be heading up, you will hit the next reorganisation.

The most recent reorganisation is acknowledged as the worst on record (2 extra days holiday given by way of apology), and they have left the organisation design in a mess. Sadly, they are crying out for true leaders with a better sense of direction. All they have are self interested climbers who have their vanity projects to make a name. BP used to be a Leader now it is a Follower of fashion and it will change every time the wind blows.
Financially it's not bad to work here, but a lot worse than it used to be, but don't expect to see that grow.
if you don't want anytime for you family then sign up to bp
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLDAugust 13, 2019
the amount of pay for the amount of work hours is so bad, you can work a 12-14 hour day 5 days a week with no thank you for the extra hours and no overtime paid
Strong teamworking ethos, great opportunities if you're willing to put the work in!
Talent Attraction Advisor (Current Employee) –  SunburyAugust 12, 2019
I have been working at BP for nearly six years and am very grateful for the career development and opportunities I've been provided along the way. Working in a complex, multinational company certainly comes with its challenges, but if you work hard and go above-and-beyond, the rewards and recognition you receive make it very worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working, career opportunities
Cons
Working in a complex, multinational business can slow processes