BP Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,031 reviews
Dinamismo
Assistente (Former Employee) –  Vila Pouca de Aguiar, Distrito de Vila RealJuly 9, 2019
Apesar de se tratar apenas de um emprego de Verão, sinto me foram fornecidas faculdades, nomeadamente, no contacto com o público.
Pros
vencimento
Cons
horário
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 9, 2019
My regular work days at the BP were good. The customers always made my day. I've dealt with some bad of course but you have to know how to deal with them. The management was horrible but the owner was a great person. The hardest part of the job was you never knew what you were getting yourself into working nights. The most enjoyable part of my day was when I dealt with a regular customer.
Great Pay, Culture and Benefits!!!
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2019
I could have retired at BP if it weren't for one bad manager they refuse to fire. He has continuously harassed many employees on his team and the company refuses to do anything about it. BP talks about "Speak Up" culture but turns a blind eye when something like this happens. Other than that, the pay and benefits are amazing and overall a great place to work.
Very dysfunctional recruitment team
Talent Acquisition Specialist contractor (Former Employee) –  SunburyJuly 7, 2019
I’ve worked at many organisations in my long career and I’ve never worked in a more toxic and dysfunctional recruitment team. So much so that this is the first review I’ve ever left. The treachery, distrust, and backstabbing is at levels I’ve never known. We all have our ‘work face’ but how fake people are in the team is absolutely diabolical. I would love to send in psychologists to secretly watch the team because it would make a great study on the evils of a toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good name on CV if you can do a stint and survive.
Cons
See review.
Productive and developing place
Planning Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baku, AZJuly 6, 2019
Competitive pay, travel perks, great growth and there you find right executive to take you on
without doubt the worst example of everything that is wrong in the industry
crt (Former Employee) –  west of shetlandJuly 2, 2019
from an offshore perspective it has been the worst experience of my career. management that cannot manage, supervision that cannot supervise and an inbred culture of fear and repression. top heavy organization with zero focus on offshore staff below leadership level. supervision and management actively sacrificing technicians to save their own positions and career prospects.
a phrase from my immediate supervisor sums the whole culture up -"as a supervisor I do not need to understand the process plant"
Pros
short helicopter flights
Cons
constant back stabbing
It was a fun and active place to work, but the owner has an issue with cussing his employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jemison, ALJuly 1, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store at 3:00 AM. Verifying my opening amount was correct. I had to assure the change bank was accurate. I had to occupy four registers. These registers consisted of : the store side, the truck stop side, the liquor tore register, and the Sneaky Peete's register. I also had to make sure the next cash drawer was correct. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the boss that was extremely rude to his employees. I enjoyed trying to make sure the customers were pleased with the service they received. If someone came in and a rude attitude, I didn't let affect my day and it didn't cause me to disrespect them.
BP is an excellent Company to work.
AZERI AREA H&S ADVISER (Current Employee) –  Baku, AZJune 30, 2019
BP is a culture, BP is a way of thinking. BP has played a tremendous role in my development. That made me want to be part of this giant company and give back to BP all of the effort that was put on me.
Resumen
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MXJune 29, 2019
Buen Ambiente Laboral, con desafios interesantes

Gracias
Wellsite Supervisor
Well Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Wamsutter, WYJune 28, 2019
Things have changed since I worked there but there used to be lots of training opportunities, quality professional coworkers, challenging work, and good pay/benefits.
Good company, great work / life balance & Benefits
Procurement Supply Chain Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2019
BP is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and have a great culture. In some areas they do value relationships over capabilities so it is important to develop and maintain relationships within the company.
Collaborative and cool workplace environment
Specialist, Business Account Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2019
My first SAP exposure. Learned a lot while on the job, like familiarity with the screens, transaction codes, process flows, reports, etc. in SAP. This work inspired me to make a career in SAP consulting and hence, I trained in the area of Financial Accounting to become a consultant.
Not situated
Retail Incident Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 24, 2019
The team I work in is not situated and we are working a 24/7 shift with less than 6 people. I think If they had more people to run a 24/7 shift they would be ok. But because of this and switching me from night to days and probably back to nights, which is nights they needed me for, just lost my motivation to work with this team from BP. No work life balance, especially If you came in for nights.
Horrible workplace.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 21, 2019
No overtime/holiday pay even though it's law.
No days off of any kind.
Owner lies about what he pays new hjres which causes them to leave.
Owner in general is not even a part of this store.
If you like having to bicker with people because they have no idea how to put gas in they're car every day, sure go for it.
Stay away from this place for your sanity.
Great staff very friendly
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, HampshireJune 19, 2019
You can advance your career by going on management programs the managers try there best to accommodate your life style needs given the store is demanding as it’s always very busy you know what is expected of you and as long as all jobs are finished everything will be fine
Pros
Half price lunches 15% discount
Cons
Busy stores
B.P gas
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYJune 19, 2019
I learned many customer skills throughout my time there. I worked every possible shift there it was an experience. Learned how to deal with vendors and ordered products for the store.
Enjoyed my job
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 18, 2019
During my short contract I really enjoyed the job & the work that I did. I would definitely work for them again even if I had to travel. I wished my position was required for a longer period of time.
Pros
Environment, pay, people I worked with, etc.
Cons
Short job as it was a short contract
Fast pacing environment to work in.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCJune 18, 2019
Its easy bur frustrating when you monitoring every move being made. It is a very fast pacing, smooth job but once again frustrating from the management
Very fast paced work environment
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 18, 2019
I enjoyed working at BP because the pay rate was very good.

I was busy working on several projects and i enjoyed the people that i worked with. It kept me busy.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
only contract postions
Horrendous place of work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NekoosaJune 14, 2019
From working a ridiculous amount of days in a row because the manager wont step up and help when short staffed, to no appreciation for covered shifts, and to favoritism and nepotism everywhere. Low pay. Un reliable staff that doesn't have each others backs at all.

51.2K