BP Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,799 reviews
Fab place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norton Canes, StaffordshireAugust 16, 2019
Great at getting shifts to work around your personal life.
Good rates of pay and holidays.
Uniforms provided.
Great opportunity to progress if wanted.
Pros
Great rate of pay.
Cons
Some incredibly busy shifts.
AmaZing!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 15, 2019
An Amazing place to work! I worked there during the Macondo Oil Spill. BP paid very well. They provided many amenities from massages, free transportation, housing, snacks and 3 (free) meals a day!
BP Lubricants
Sales and Marketing Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 15, 2019
BP Lubricants currently has morale problems from them having multiple layoffs and reorganizations year after year. This is not a happy place to be right now.
No chance for career buidling
Service Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunbury-On-ThamesAugust 14, 2019
After 10 years, I have seen at least 5 reorganisations which have always resulted in a cull of the workforce and the survivors being appointed to new roles. You have to stick to these new roles for 2 years, so just as you might be heading up, you will hit the next reorganisation.

The most recent reorganisation is acknowledged as the worst on record (2 extra days holiday given by way of apology), and they have left the organisation design in a mess. Sadly, they are crying out for true leaders with a better sense of direction. All they have are self interested climbers who have their vanity projects to make a name. BP used to be a Leader now it is a Follower of fashion and it will change every time the wind blows.
Financially it's not bad to work here, but a lot worse than it used to be, but don't expect to see that grow.
Strong teamworking ethos, great opportunities if you're willing to put the work in!
Talent Attraction Advisor (Current Employee) –  SunburyAugust 12, 2019
I have been working at BP for nearly six years and am very grateful for the career development and opportunities I've been provided along the way. Working in a complex, multinational company certainly comes with its challenges, but if you work hard and go above-and-beyond, the rewards and recognition you receive make it very worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working, career opportunities
Cons
Working in a complex, multinational business can slow processes
I worked at one of the first stores in Hollywood Fla
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 12, 2019
I would recommend anyone to apply im not sure how things are now when I was employed there as a prep person I really learned how to do things according to Bp guidelines they also trained the employees.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
N/a
An amazing place to work. Best job in a 40 year career
Works Management Data Lead (Former Employee) –  AzerbgaijanAugust 11, 2019
I can't sprout the virtues of working at BP enough.

Management are very capable, interested and approachable.

Quality outcome is their one and only objective, not money.

They build real teams and take the time to do this outside of everyday work. they want the best and only the best.

Everyone in BP appear to be hand picked and it shows in the work.

I give them 10/10.. and I no longer work there....
Pros
Great people and culture, interesting job, great work life balance
Cons
No bad points..
I do not recommened the one by the hospital in New Richmond, WI
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIAugust 6, 2019
The manger there sucks and makes fun of all the customers who come in. She started telling people who could and couldn't use the restroom. She was a total micro manger. She was the type of manager to tell you tp do things, when she would never do them for herself.
Pros
no pros!!!
Cons
no breaks!! unless you smoke, manager was a real pain
Good place to work, nice people
Senior Talent Specialist (Former Employee) –  NapervilleAugust 5, 2019
Working at BP was fun and eventful. The people are nice and the managers are sometimes a challenge but as long as you filled their reqs they were good.
Fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  95th king driveAugust 1, 2019
The job was okay just didn't pay enough, in no vacation not a set schedule work harder than the pay was worth, I Love the workers in customer just not enough money
Pros
Bring my own Lunch
Cons
Short brakes
first business
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 26, 2019
BP was my first business, i learned so much from accounting to profit margins to handling employees. i will be forever grateful for the experience. thank you
Nice place to work
Contractor/Desktop/Field Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2019
I loved BP so much, I remained in constant contact with my ex-co workers. I was a contractor through IBM, and IBM actually governed all the rules of compensation, so I'm not putting this on BP. IBM refused to allow even necessary overtime, and pay raises were out of the question. But for my time there, my manager made the culture quite comfortable for me, expressed/extended confidence in me, and because of that, I actually enjoyed working there. I think that had I at least gotten a small raise--considering all that I contributed, I'd have never left. 5 stars for BP, 1 Star for IBM being so unfair with the compensation
Great Company, excellent benifits. Too many changes and poor leadrship.
Global Order Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2019
BP is a great company to work, the level knowledge gain working here is above and beyond. Work-life balance very good.
Unfortunately due to business decisions of cost optimization all corporate / operational functions are being relocated out of the US which is causing a lot o layoff. Poor leadership notice during the transition process.
Educative and Relaxed Work Environment
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  IstanbulJuly 25, 2019
BP Turkey has very high standards for a workplace.It has lots of ways to cheer its employees.As example there is free gym , cinema room , snack and coffee bars, lounge, table games room etc.Thus it has very good work environment in Turkey.
About management; Managers are open minded and really cares to train interns.Even the president of the BP Turkey closely observes interns development.
I have learned much about project management in my time in there.My manager gave me active role on planning and management of the ongoing projects.Even let me run a small project which is about creating a data analysis automatization with Power BI to be used on various departments.
Goed lopend bedrijf
Bakkery en fuelmedewerker (Former Employee) –  HarmelenJuly 23, 2019
Fijn bedrijf
Vast uurloon geen verschil tussen jong of oud. Goed management. Fijne werktijden. Veel bespreekbaar voor diensten. Verschillende werkzaamheden
Horrible place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2019
I can only speak for the area of Learning Operations. If you were not part of a click, you were screwed. They were very unprofessional and treated people horribly.
A school to learn every single day in Life
CM&ER + Operations HSSE Team Leader (Former Employee) –  LuandaJuly 20, 2019
BP is an amazing place to work for and every employee who works for BP should feel accomplished and proud to make part of BP family. That is a place where people learn every single day, now matter who you are. There is no separation of colour, religion, race, gender and what so ever.

The communication from the leadership is very open from the top level to bottom line.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You manage you own acchievements about timing and deadlines
The culture at BP is unmatched.
ANSEP Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2019
I absolutely loved my internship at BP. There was plenty of collaboration, resource sharing, and enjoyment among the community at BP. I had great pride in the work I put in during my internship.
Excellent place to work
Legal Clerk/Crisis Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2019
I was hired as a Records Clerk for a short assignment, but it turned into a long-term assignment. I'm grateful for that opportunity that they gave me.
Excellent work environment
Release Manager and Patching Lead (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 17, 2019
Colleagues were professional, friendly and helpful. Synergy at its fullest. An environment where quality is the norm and the expectation. Highly recommended.