Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,968 reviews
I was backup for the gas station so all I did was sit and get paid. Mostly I would help out costumers, but I would normally just be alone. I didn't really get to work when I want to, just 4 hours a day.
Buen ambiente laboral, fácil organización, crecimiento profesional, el general una buena empresa para laborar!
Document your goals.
Regularly check in with your boss.

Track your work accomplishments.

Understand the ways in which you add value.

Look for opportunities to augment your impact.

Ask for support.

Become a model for constructive feedback.
vond het fijn werken al bots je snel met je mede collega's en is er, zoals op meerdere locaties, last van werkplaatsroddelen. vind het jammer dat ik er niet meer werk maar het was de beste keuze voor mij in het eind
This was just a job to pay the bills.No benefits. My previous job was assembling hot air dryers.It entailed reading prints and using a variety of hand and power tools.Building and wiring from start to fin8sh.
This is a Nice place to work with a laid back atmosphere, great management and they work well with my hours. It was also in a good location and the rest of the staff was welcoming and friendly.
The job was okay as a temporary part-time interim job but I don't recommend it as a permanent job. The job involved cleaning, restocking and serving customers. On the night shift, BP don't tend to have a manager on duty, only another customer service assistant and it was because of this that I felt that I did not get the training that I needed. The team on the site I was working at were friendly on the whole but the training and management communication were very poor. The overwhelming majority of customers were very nice, there were a few rude customers but this is par for the course in any retail job. The only other benefits were the half price lunch and staff discount.
Loved working here I was fired for something I truly didn’t do but other then that I loved working here seeing new people hanging out with our other co workers aww so awesome
After working for nearly a decade at BP, holding a variety of roles in various departments, I experienced great joy and great disappointment. My biggest takeaway is that your manager (or the leadership of your department) can pave the way to either your success, stagnation or demise. Change was constant the entire time I was there and during some of the hardest times (oil spill era), I had phenomenal leaders who fostered my progress and growth. Yet, as the company began downsizing, I encountered 'managers' who had no backbone or clue on how to grow or represent their employees' capabilities.

I was extremely loyal to the company and believed in their values, because the majority of staff embodied them. However, it only takes one or two 'difficult' clashes to put you outside of the cliques and then you are managed out, demeaned and made to feel you are incompetent. Although they bring you to the team as the subject matter expert, others who have no clue about the discipline are allowed to influence decisions based on their 'feelings.' They attempt to gaslight you, and it's a known tactic they use to get people to quit instead of firing them. If you are seriously considering an offer from BP, know that it's just a 'job' not a career; you are expendable; don't miss your valuable family life for work success; negotiate your salary and benefits because they will attempt to low ball you and have you do more than the prior person did for less. Be prepared for constant change and don't be one to buck the status quo unless you have high-profile leaders that 'have your back.'

It
 - more...
Working in a garage can be very busy one minute and dead quiet the next. Apart from staffing the tills, you have to keep on top of the food and shelf filling and watch out for shoplifters and drive outs. BP are hot on teaching the relevant legislation but the daily running of the garage is usually down to the shift manager. Get a good one and no problem but get a bad one and nobody wants to do any work for him/her.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
24/7/365 operation and sometimes not enough staff
Jobs for pals and friebds, hidden agendas, do not practice wat is written.
Managers are not supportive

U are victimised by certain managers

Hr do not make fair decisions

They used the legal process to victimise

The managers have their favourites
Bp is an amazing company. They are financially sound, they want to be great. But, the company is constantly re/organizing and Constantly bringing in foreign nationals to run the US market. These people are great but lack US expertise. Also, there’s a culture of constant re/organization. Be prepared to excel or be forced to move on.
It was good experience. My leads are very helpful and nice towards me.They are good English people. Omani's and some Indians are come as their subordinates,everything becomes not as well before.
Wonderful place to work in if you're seeking job security and considerable remuneration. office politics is slightly skewed but manageable. Company structure is very structured and rigid with limited opportunity for movement atypical of oil companies. but overall a good place to provide for family until you age well into retirement.
I worked at BP as a contractor. While many of the people were good to work with, the ones that weren't were bad in big ways so it overshadowed the good. Some managers were known to be problems yet were allowed to stay in their positions and treat people disrespectfully and unprofessionally. The manager I worked with most had no issue with providing comments on a document we prepared every week at the close of business on Wednesday and just expected me to stay late on that day every week, which was a hardship. I ended up completing my initial contract term and moving on when it was obvious work-life balance and good culture was talked about but not really lived.
Poor Store manager. Hire date was 8/19-3/20/2020 was my end date. Enjoyed my customers, they really made my day. Have a racist environment at Store.ok!
Working with different kinds of people must be one of the very stressing work because you meet a diffent kinds of people who come with different moods so is very important to make it a point that u you know how to deal with them.
A good company to work for pay is good location is great this is a great area to live and raise a family a great workforce vast majority of fellow employees are good people and easy to work with
A great company culture that allows for entrepreneurial thinking with great support from peers and colleagues. The company is focused on growing in their sector and supports employees to develop different skills that will allow them to contribute to innovative thinking that will deliver on sustainable growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was working collaboratively to find solutions to business problems that will allow new ways to deal with competitor and market challenges.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Decision Making sometimes long and drawn out
Pay window not the best. No direct deposit options. Paper checks late in afternoon. Just got message saying pay checks delayed because company paid taxes before paying employees. With covd19, I've lost over 16 hrs. Now can't get paid. Not once has my manager came to me to talk about it and see how the company can help out or assist me in unemployment. That's just shows how important we are to this company. Got
Good place to work, but undergoing huge change right now, so lots of re organisation and changes in roles. Good benefits package and work environment.
Can be challenging to get things done as such a huge business
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K