BP Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,799 reviews
Procurement and Supply Chain Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2019
Great place to work. The employees and manager are extremely approachable and helpful. The work culture is relaxed and conducive to high performance. I would recommend BP to everyone.
fast paced
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 10, 2019
fast pace, must bring your A game daily, Managers are nice and understanding, across from the mall so again its a bit busy.
since the food is free dont eat unhealthy food
Pros
free food
Cons
short bathroom breaks
BP have entered a new era in work management, they have seen the benefits of people working from home and actively encourage it.
Document Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079June 10, 2019
I personally enjoy the team ethic, working together, solving problems and issues as a team, this engenders team spirit and the project as a whole benefits from it.
Pros
Close proximity to home, great team spirit, a real diversity of engineering with a plethora of experience, which they are willing to share.
Cons
Not had a pay rise in 4 years
Contract work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2019
I did contract work, the management of the contract team had an unreasonable expectation of people under him. He wasn't married nor had kids, so he expected everyone to work 24/7. I was even threatened of being fired when I had to leave to take my son from school to the ER due to an accident on an icy day. It's been years, I am not even sure the Contracted company works under BP anymore.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime, no time for family
Decent work environment
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2019
Very cut throat work environment. Must be willing to go above and beyond in order to be rewarded. Management doesn't usually listen to employees opinions.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAMay 28, 2019
BP is a unique fast paced work environment that allows potential employees to excel in many different areas. Employees are exposed to the lubricants, fuels, chemicals, process, packaging and production environments. You will be well rounded if your are offered the opportunity to work within the company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Pay Rate, Career Advancement
Cons
Long hiring process
nothinh
Global Valve Category Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2019
culture is good, work life balance is great, promotions suck , very hierarchical environment , agile at times, management has an open door policy but never really takes actions
Awful
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawkhurst, KentMay 27, 2019
Would never work for BP again. Terrible management, not long breaks. Was treated unfairly and spoken to badly. Wages were always wrong or not in on time.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
All of it
Was a good position while I had it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2019
Environment was friendly and team oriented. Kept me busy. Enjoyable position to have. There was a variety of opportunities for advancement. Ability to work from home if needed or so desired.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
company wide lay offs
Muy agradable
Azafata (Former Employee) –  Madrid provinciaMay 26, 2019
Sólo participé en una campaña de fidelización pero había muy buen ambiente
N/a
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 24, 2019
The work environment was friendly and it was a pleasure working there. The HSE department was very knowledgeable when safety concerns arrived. Pleasure working in such a great environment.
They dont care about employes
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 22, 2019
Manager has family working there to many of her family memebers. Don't care about staff no breaks work alone can't use bathroom or anything during shift
Professional work environment.
Financial Analyst and Legal Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
Professional work environment. Management in most areas are courteous but to the point on direction for the project. Hardest part of the job is wondering how long you will have a job.
Pros
Great health benefits and retirement for their employees. Onsite gyms and physical activities.
Cons
Independent contractors used instead of hiring them as employees.
My job was sent out of the country
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 21, 2019
I have no comments as my position no longer exists. It was sent out of the country. While I was there it was an okay job. My supervisor was awful and would write anyone up for any reason she could think of. When I reported her to her boss nothing was done despite having documentation. I changed jobs prior to the lay offs. During my exit interview I notified HR of her behavior and provided documentation. They did apologize as it was never brought to their attention.
Benefits
decent management
long working hours
demands physical work
store management
Competitive, great place to work with advancement opportunities.
PROCESS OPERATOR / RELIEF TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Chocolate Bayou, TXMay 18, 2019
BP is a great company to work for in my opinion. Great pay/ benefits , opportunity for advancement. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Great place to advance and learn new skills, work extra projects. Learn different crafts. Great culture to work in.
Pros
Benefits/ compensation
Great company overall
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2019
The District Manager role have you an opportunity to directly influence your customers and the overall segments profitability. Lots of time to interface directly with the consumers, which I personally found very rewarding. An extra bonus was the ability to structure your workday, of course based on the tasks due.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexibility in daily routine
Cons
Limited locations for the role, performance review process
12 houre shifts hard on family .Mised a lot of functions
Operator/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Whiting, INMay 17, 2019
I Worked for BP for 25 years it was a good paying job .The down fall of BP is they do very much discrimante I had to retire from the spervisor i had runing my shift .I could not take it any more .This was the one in Whiting in
Pros
some good people to work with
Cons
Very bad foreman
inspiring, friendly work place
Contract & Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  ChengduMay 17, 2019
I am contractor for BP in this shale gas project. Working with BP is inspiring, always can find motivation to improve myself. Working places are cozy, people all nice and friendly.
Okay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2019
BP provides a decent work life balance, but the culture is changing. Benefits are great. Compensation is good, but could be better. Overall good company, but could be better.