Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD15 reviews
acheiving more profits with highest satisfcation of customers and shareholders. The work culture with training facilites are good. staff facilites are excellent to retain the trained staff.
productive and fun place to work with collaborative staff and different challenges. I liked working at BP, learned new experiences. great working atmosphere with new customers.
the amount of pay for the amount of work hours is so bad, you can work a 12-14 hour day 5 days a week with no thank you for the extra hours and no overtime paid
One of the worst job experiences of my life. Got horrible hours which led to me having no social life. When asked to change things, got my hours cut down. Manager is super temperamental.
not very busy days at work, learned a lot about courier delivery, international money transfer,etc. average management , staff and site manger cutting corners to present a good picture to the area manager and regional manager. Too much gossip among staff behind the back . Hardest part is to listen the complaints and excuses of other senior staff members and do the jobs assigned to them . when it a busy day and customer appreciated good service.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
excessive pressure to perform in store competitions
Busy place to work with many peak periods over a shift. Handling many different customer situations is always a challenge but rewarding when it all goes to plan. Meeting different staff from many different backgrounds is a reward.
Pros
Dealing with customers and staff
Cons
Standing on feet most of the shifts
Working at BP service station, I got paid $14.33 an hour (i was 19) and the management was terrible. ..................................................
A typical day at work would include customer service, facing the store, and cleaning.Had to a lot of customers and that helped me gain confidence and also how to deal with different kinds of people. Management structure requires improvements.
Pros
Long and flexible shifts. Ideal for building retail and customer experiences.
Cons
Certain hazard risks with the job
Supervision of up to 10 lab analysts. Testing and reporting of results to customers including the refinery operations and planning departments, and also terminals and external customers. Addressing quality issues. making sure the KPI's were met by the team. I worked with an experienced and very capable team, the hardest part of the job was handling the workload when the refinery was having difficulty meeting specification requirements on products which led to increased testing. I enjoyed the job when time could be spent on method development to improve the efficiency of the lab,
Pros
Good Salary and conditions
Cons
Lab too far from home
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
i worked along side my parents, because we were a gas station and we sold country fried chicken no one was working by them self. a usual day at work would be our side getting busy and the staff working down the chicken end would help me out with serving customers and the same for them, i would go and help there end if it was needed and we would give each other breaks. the bad part about it was that we had some staff not pulling their weight or not willing to change their ways to benefit the store.
Pros
getting to now more people including the customers
Cons
bad communication between some of the staff
It is good working place with friendly working staff and management. Management consider my opinions also in some decisions, which is so encouraging for me to get new ideas about work and how to improve service.
very busy & happy work environment exceptional customer service management was just perfect every one worked as a team
Pros
everyday was a happy day
Cons
scary breakins
Professional workplace, intelligent staff, respectable management. One of the better jobs I have enjoyed. Provides for family life balance and promotes professional/personal development.
Cons
Downstream oil industry falling in Australia
It was a very hard experience for me and i fully disliked the job
Store operations, on a day basis. Responsible for profit/loss.