Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Birmingham12 reviews
except the CEO, the staffs very really nice and would help me if I did not know anything they wear also very respectful. The COE was rude, other then that it was really nice
Pros
respactful staffs
Cons
very long houres
The company itself is not that great, the people you work with make it much better though. However dealing with rude customers, aggressive shoplifters and people who generally want to either hurt you or make you cry, the pay just isn't good enough, I don't think anyone would want to be hurt over trying to stop a shoplifter nicking a box of chocolates.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Aggressive customers and a lot of extra work
Disgusting company to work for.
Management are very one sided and do not listen too staff members. Constantly swear at members of staff and bully them. They spend their shifts sat in the office watching CCTV looking for reasons to tell you off! Worse company to ever work for!!!
Pros
50% lunch
Cons
Treated disgusting. Managers are awful. Bully place!
Learned various of different skills, great teams. Receiving delivery in the morning, putting stock out on shop floor. Serving customers for food and fuel.
Pros
50% off Marks and Spencer's
Cons
Long early hours
A typical day is very busy during the morning and lunch time. Hardest part is serving many customers all at once and also keep an eye out on the forecourt.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
standing up all day
1.Time management
2.Improved communication skills

3.Teamwork (Leadership)

4.Working hard in order to achieve the target.

5.Satisfying each and every customer.
The work place is nice and enjoyable and people around their are nice to talk to. The work place staff are really good to you they work as a unit and you feel part of a family their. People work hard at the company and make sure they help each other out and share out the task between each other.
Brilliant group of individuals, fantastic management team, friendly customers. It is a very demanding position when asked to do multiple tasks in a short amount of time.
Pros
I have worked in BP Garages & I enjoyed working as we get good promotion training
Cons
Mixed shift work all over the place every week/ short staffed for over a year
the job was very stressful especially at the end of the day when doing a tally up, sometimes when dealing with customers you will have to run the pumps aswell as handling customer queries.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours, working seven days a week sometime
a typical day of work for me is the night shifts.
At the start I found the job enjoyable,

but I soon found out that the work I was doing alone was work that 2 people would need to do.

I began to find it strenuous when I started receiving scrutiny for very small things I missed out during a shift, you are expected to do everything to the book but have a time limit and it's work for two people. If you miss something out, even the smallest thing, you will be criticised and also receive a discplinary,

Other than the environment is good and fun, and very productive and you meet all sorts of people whilst at the till. The management can be very friendly and helpful but certain members are literally out there to scrutinise everything.
Pros
Free Hot Drinks
Cons
long hours, night shifts, scrutiny and criticism, and disciplinary for nothing.
worst job ever slave labour not enough hours no team work management throwing you in to the deep end with not enough training.
great job
some early starts

some late starts

co workers was great
It was a shift work, 2 till 10 but didn't finish till well after 11pm
cash handling,making sure the float was correct at the end of my shift.

management and co-workers were ok

their was not hardest part of the job it was all enjoyable because i was learning
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K