Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Sunbury

Sunbury45 reviews
Good place to work, but undergoing huge change right now, so lots of re organisation and changes in roles. Good benefits package and work environment.
Can be challenging to get things done as such a huge business
Unfortunately there is not much team ethic. I was involved in the gym based side of the business I must stress and therefore was not a focal point of the business.
Opinions are dismissed when feedback is required. you are not listened too and will be misled by manipulative and secretive management.

Management show no care and overlook anything that suits them, even if goes against lawful policies (especially within health and safety).
Cons
Wage is minimum wage even if you are respectfully qualified.
Great company to work for. I started here as a temp assignment hopeful I would be kept longer but the covid 19 epidemic meant cut backs had to be made at bp so extending my temp assignment via agency was not a possibility
I enjoyed my time at BP immensely.

The culture puts people first and the learning experiences were excellent.

I had the pleasure of working for very forward thinking and progressive management team in terms of enterprise IT and particularly enjoyed the last 4 years getting hands on exposure migrating BP's on premise databases to the Amazon and Azure clouds.
Pros
progressive IT vision
Cons
none of any real conseqence
BP was an enjoyable place to work with plenty of opportunities to progress or change roles.

It was a fair and well structured environment offering lovely working conditions
BP rewards well but has very high demands. Change is constant and hard to keep up with. Eight line managers in as many years. Attracts excellent professionals, overall a good employer.
Pros
Benefits, campus location, good staff
Cons
Pace of change
BP is a good place to work, expect to go in with your best and you will get a great response back. There are new projects to work on and contribute towrads, internal promotions are by applying for internal postings.

Employees are fantastic and supportive and there are very helpful leadership and mentoring oppertunities.
Lovely campus and great offices
Good benefits

Very corporate

Invests in its people

Good colleagues

Robust HR set up

Forward thinking HR leadership team
Would recommend to anyone looking for a role in IT to join BP- Great ethics/values and facilities. Great staffing facilities such as Gym, Free parking, Great canteen etc
My week-long experience was fully planned out by the company, making sure I learn as much as possible through the placement. The company takes good care of its employees and I was able to easily socialise with other workers there.
After 10 years, I have seen at least 5 reorganisations which have always resulted in a cull of the workforce and the survivors being appointed to new roles. You have to stick to these new roles for 2 years, so just as you might be heading up, you will hit the next reorganisation.

The most recent reorganisation is acknowledged as the worst on record (2 extra days holiday given by way of apology), and they have left the organisation design in a mess. Sadly, they are crying out for true leaders with a better sense of direction. All they have are self interested climbers who have their vanity projects to make a name. BP used to be a Leader now it is a Follower of fashion and it will change every time the wind blows.

Financially it's not bad to work here, but a lot worse than it used to be, but don't expect to see that grow.
I have been working at BP for nearly six years and am very grateful for the career development and opportunities I've been provided along the way. Working in a complex, multinational company certainly comes with its challenges, but if you work hard and go above-and-beyond, the rewards and recognition you receive make it very worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working, career opportunities
Cons
Working in a complex, multinational business can slow processes
I’ve worked at many organisations in my long career and I’ve never worked in a more toxic and dysfunctional recruitment team. So much so that this is the first review I’ve ever left. The treachery, distrust, and backstabbing is at levels I’ve never known. We all have our ‘work face’ but how fake people are in the team is absolutely diabolical. I would love to send in psychologists to secretly watch the team because it would make a great study on the evils of a toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good name on CV if you can do a stint and survive.
Cons
See review.
Started in November 2013. Still working there. It is an okay place to work.

The company upholds good values but it is not consistently applied across the organisation.
Loved my job single handed. Great place to work , nice people around and a very supportive manager . Was able to get work from home when ever needed as I stayed very far from office . Challenging and fun work .
Pros
Work from home when needed
Cons
Far from home
Major projects at BP are at the cutting edge that are always eyeopening in their scale and provide an exciting insight into the broad challenges on offer.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Fragmented workforce
Many opportunities to do almost whatever you like. Constant restructuring of organisation. Not easy to navigate how to get things done. Constant duplication of effort.
Are before, good to work for, bosses fair, I enjoyed working there. Everyone there are good honest people, who work hard. Lovely place to work and was local for me.
Pros
as before
Cons
as before
I enjoyed working at BP very much. The bosses are very fair, they expect you to work very hard and do appreciate what you do. Also, the employees are good people, honest, trustworthy and very intelligent.
Pros
free lunch, Bupa, benefits, annual bonus, pension, 9 day fortnight, with 1 flex day
Cons
cannot say any bad
I was based in Global Wells Engineering for 7 years. I enjoyed working with my managers and teams very much. I am proud to have been a member of BP's staff.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Large organisation, pays well and can be a good place to work.

Unfortunately, frequent reorganisations mean you have very little job security and are often under threat of redundancy (can impact potential to get mortgage etc.).

In my experience, training is not very good. Limited availability, external courses discouraged and internal courses either not well promoted or likely to be cancelled at 11th hour.
Pros
Free lunch, corp perks, good colleagues, well paid
Cons
Frequent redundancy announcements, poor training opportunities
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K