Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Wickford

Wickford4 reviews
A typical shift involves dealing with customers, stock taking, stock replenishment, managerial duties such as cashing up tills, ordering stock and managing a team.
the most enjoyable part of the job is training new staff members
Pros
staff discount
Cons
unsociable long hours
I worked as night shift for 3 years and 6 months (11pm to 7am) with some days mixed in. during the night shift you are with one other member of staff and are given a lot of autonomy with no managers being there at night.

The hardest part of the job is in the morning sometimes (5 - 7am) when customers come in for a coffee even though there are like 5 - 7 people already waiting for there coffee to be made. while i'm making these the queue is leading out the store.

But this was my first job and I think this was a great place to work.
Pros
Free car washes, if you work nights you get your pick of the food waste to eat for lunch.
Cons
Stupid customers.
One manager no names very very rude needs to have anger management or on them sort of lines many have left because of this person.
Very cold place to work in.

Not the best and warmest clothes they provide you with.

Very busy and hands on.

Pay is better than most I guess.
Pros
Paid lunch, discount on lunch
Cons
Stingy 15% discount for m&s bp garage STAFF. Long 8 hour shifts if you have children
Id start by being told to stand on a till and serve or to stock the shelves. its mostly felt like its understaffed and you have to do more work to cover for the lack of an additional labour. Management seems more like a machine than a manager. I've often felt like i cant talk to them about personal problems because its not part of the workplace. this causes more stress and makes me feel worthless. the co-workers often gossip and this can involve private matters and makes you feel really low.
Pros
close to home
Cons
expensive food to buy for lunch, stressful, overly busy, management seems poor.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?