Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Anchorage, AK

Anchorage, AK50 reviews
Many layoffs in recent years
Many managed moves within the company. The work environment is very dependent on the team lead you are assigned to. There have been several rounds of layoffs in recent years. The laid off employees are compensated fairly.
Organized Business
The business is organized with intelligent resources and a team working environment. A typical day had inclusion and collaboration to develop the best options to drive the business. Great place to work.
Very Flexible
Work life with BP is amazing. They have been the most family friendly company that I have ever work for. The compensate their employees well above the industry standard
Great pay & benefits
Great company, great people. Excellent pay with good increases. Job flexibility and many on the job training opportunities! Excellent benefits. Would love to work for BP again!
Variety and the ability to make my own decisions
My job involves a significant of interaction with others. I enjoy helping people and this is the best part of my job. I have learned to have patience with people as I guide them through the necessary documentation. It is hard sometimes to get people to understand the significance of proper naming conventions! I am a very visual person, so I think its important to structure files and file names in a manner that makes things easy to see and to comprehend. Its all in the details. I enjoy getting projects that may seem a little unclear on what the final product will look like. There are many kind managers here that make you feel like they care about you and your family.
Fun at first, but in time the reality creeps in...
BP is more a banking company that dabbles in oil, placing next to no priority on technical ability or the work at hand. Their process is stifling, and the corporatocracy is unbearable. It is run by people who have never done anything else, hence the leadership sorely lacks the business and technical breadth necessary to effectively steer such a behemoth corporation.
Pulse surveys will be the death of you
every 3 months there is a new pulse survey to ask how you feel about everything from policy and procedure to what you think of management. regardless of how you answer, they never change anything.
World-class super major in upstream oil production.
BP is a global, large organization that has a long history in Alaska and other major oil fields world-wide. BP continues to have significant oil & gas production operations in North America, but is planning to sell all Alaska assets to Hilcorp Energy Company.
Productive company
Enjoyed working in BP, good company to work for. However the promotion is mostly management moves. Workplace culture is very nice and good opportunities for career learning.
The culture at BP is unmatched.
I absolutely loved my internship at BP. There was plenty of collaboration, resource sharing, and enjoyment among the community at BP. I had great pride in the work I put in during my internship.
Good to their employees
Typical work day of 8 - 5 with flexibility to perform at potential vs being micro-managed. Workplace culture can be stressful if you are insecure but otherwise a great place to work. Most enjoyable part of job was coaching and mentoring younger employees.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours and business travel
BP made my career fun again
They renewed my career drive. They were caring. Very willing to award. Opportunity for professional growth and advancement. Travel globally, and given lots of responsibility
Pros
One big Family
Contract positions
Contract position ok for temporary. Few permenant positions available. Would be nice if they made IT Bar part of BP and offered advancement opportunities.
Pros
steady work
Cons
No permanence of benefits available
A great company to work for which promotes and rewards collaborative team work, work life balance.
A great company to work for which promotes and rewards collaborative team work, work life balance and value over volume strategy for all project appraisal and investment analysis,
Various Positions
I had various positions while being contracted to this company. Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Payroll/Travel planner.
I enjoyed all the positions. Fast pace and challenging positions. Working on the north slope was a fantastic experience. Enjoyed everyone I worked with.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No "cons"
Great People
Really liked the flex schedule
Great group of driven people. Work hard play hard.

Helping each other makes a great team.

They value their people and try to build their working knowledge as well as relationships with co-workers.
Business comes first.
Most enjoyable part was Good Benefits and a yearly bonus. There were too many meetings every day and the hours were too long. The job culture was good.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Working towards the right priorities
Good company to work for, excellent benefits but there is way too much autonomy given to the local operating companies and this way of working self defeats the purpose of a true global organization with standard management processes.
fun to work
great team to work for, learned a lot and i loved the feeling of people depended on me and i was able to follow through for them. When I made my team look good I looked good also, it's great feeling
Pros
allowed overtime
Cons
not enough hours in a day to get your workload done
Highly Productive and fun place to work
Working at BP was one of the most fulfilling experience in terms of career advancement, work family balance, management support to implement new ideas.
Pros
Career advancement and trying new ideas
Cons
Some degree of process that I think wasted time
Freedom to work independently
Workdays were pretty long and hard requiring focused attention. We worked a 9day/80hour minimum per every 14 days. Workplace culture in this timeframe was ok.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K