Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Atlanta, GA22 reviews
I only worked part time at BP. It really depends if the store that you are working at is company or privately owned. Most of the managers were easy to work for though. I liked to keep busy and it made the time go by fast!I don't know but I was making around 10 dollars per hour but that was about 6 years ago...
This place teaches you a lot, having to deal with respect, manners,trust, and money handling. It was a good experience for me I’d say because of how much I learned by dealing with those things.
working at BP gave me a good experience.working there thought me a lot of things. i also made some very good friends at BP. i learned how to baked bread and cookies, make sandwiches, coffee, cashiering, and many other things.
Pros
free coffee and drinks
Cons
short breaks
A typical day is business as usual. Serve the customers, track the sales, and monitor the products. Management is responsive to the needs of the business, and sometimes indifferent to the concerns of some employees. I enjoyed the rapport with not only the customers, but also the co-workers.
Pros
You get a pay check at the end of the week.
Cons
Advancement is a struggle.
I thoroughly enjoyed working as a cashier as the atmosphere was fast-paced, yet fun as my team was engaging, and the regular customers made the work day extremely pleasing.
Pros
The customers made the job gradifying
Cons
The pay rate
Ordered merchandise and checked in merchandise, Would then stock merchandise and make the shelves look inviting. If the shelves needed cleaning, then I would clean the shelves. If customers needed checked out , I would also help.
I learned to check all departments and make sure any back stock was put out before I placed a new order.

The management was always very supportive and encouraging. It was a fun workplace. I still have friendships from my days that I worked there.

The hardest part of the job was estimating how much I needed to order when the city had different conventions, sports events, etc. that would be in town and making sure that we had enough

merchandise without over ordering,

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers!
Pros
A fun job!
Cons
No Health benfits at the time
Excellent place to work. They have a system set up for the General Manager to succeed. Always room to expand and move up in the company. It was a great experience.
BP aka Shell was a pleasant environment. Employees work hard but get the job done. The owner was always giving incentives to employees and customers and was definitely a firm but fair individual
I didn't get a chance to work with British Petroleum direct but i have for them as part of the different consulting organizations. So can not comment much on that BP.
Great company to work for. Experienced management team with a wealth of knowledge about the industry and its operations. Numerous opportunities for growth and development. One of the best companies I've ever worked at.
Pros
Great benefits
I learned a good service representative skill
Good management

The hardest part of the day is the closing part

The best part of the day is when the customer comes
As a consultant, I really did not have much contact with management. I worked very autonomously. Money was decent. I can't complain.
its a semi easy job. just annoying counting cigarettes every night.the manger when i was there was rude too. but...its right across the street from a strip club and on weekends sometimes the strippers come in after work lol
Pros
its a job
Cons
its a bad job
I have learnt to be a professional, produced dramatic increase in office efficiency and enhanced operations. I have taken on assignments that not only promote self-development but also inspire other team members.
Great job fast pace area workable hours enjoyed customer mangement could do better i liked the work i did very outstanding business
Cons
short breaks
One of the the best jobs that gave me the opportunity togain responsibility.
Cons
Wasn't furthering my career
Great school. They have a competitive business school. The classes are well taught by the professors.
Manage the Cash Register on a day to day basis. I learned that you can not take any thing for granted. Even though the physical labor would not let me achieve everything that I needed to do, I still stuck it out and held through the pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and learning about all what it takes to run a gas station.
good place to start. you get to meet a lot of people. sometimes you know what the regulars are coming in for and are able to give them good service. management is strict but fair
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
Good place to learn. The hardest part is getting promoted in your field, and speaking honestly is frowned upon.
A typical day involves a lot of meeting new people every day and making new friends. The management is fast paced and coordination of co-workers is of high paramount. The job requires a lot of self control due to the kind of people you meet every day, some very rude, which actually is the hardest part of the job. The enjoyable part of the job is when you satisfy all customers and of course making new friends.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K