How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

bp Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Cleveland, OH30 reviews
I’m going to be a good man for a couple of days and then you gotta do you think you could come home and do not have any cash on that day vacation and then you going
Most stores are open 24 hours so all shifts are available. Great place for advancement. Multiple locations if you need relocated/moving. 401k available.
i want to go back here but unfornaly they closed down and sold the stores i need a job like this again i need to apply for more i miss working there..
Pros
i loved this job
Cons
i loved this job
It was my first official job and I loved the staff as well as my manager there and the reason I left is because of new owners. I appreciated the opportunity that the manager took on me,
I worked for BP in the mid-late 90's. It was a small store near a nightclub and a busy hospital. Most of the patrons were drug addicts, party goers and hospital employees. We called the cops often, dealt with a lot of theft and craziness.
Had lots of customers always stayed busy I loved staying busy I learned a lot about assistant manager techniques could have became an crew leader but wasn't willing to pay for the aggressively outcome
Pros
Cons
Took breaks when it slowed down
Wonderful company, however after they sold all of their retail facilities my position was gone. Over all the company did take care of their employees and promoted from within.
Fun work place good management great co workers funny customers. As many hours as you can work. As many shifts as you can work. Discount on food easy work.
Pros
As many hours and shifts as you want.
Cons
The hourly wages
It wasn't a bad place to work. The jobs were interesting and somewhat demanding. Working with some of the most advanced tools and techniques was the best part of the job.
I had to learn everything over the phone or by my self, no matter what time of day no help at all very poor management she spit on me so I walked out. I asked for help.
Great place to work they have been sold for years. Sad day when it happen also it was a great place to grown and build a career. It was home away from home
Awesome place to work pay was nice not a hard job worked while I was pregnant on 3rd shift another place tht is no longer around all around good place of employment
I worked in many departments during my 17 years at BP(used to be Stndard Oil). I was able to travel in my last few years and able to meet our customers and suppliers. I had a really great manager while I worked in the Import/Export group that I learned a great deal from about customer services and other skills. I enjoyed the job but not necessarily the 45 min. commute to the job every day.
Pros
The rate of pay and benefits.
Cons
The commute and some of my co - workers.
Although BP sold it's Ohio stores it is still one of the best places that I've worked. I liked the way the manager made sure we were all working as one. the manager made sure that everyone was trained the same way as how to perform certain procedures/ tasks. Everyone respected each other regardless of their differences. The hardest part of the job was occasionally working short staffed the best part f the job was everyone was treated equally and given the same opportunities for advancement
Pros
performance raises werre given, great store manager
Cons
no vacation time for part time employees
I worked in the special billing department. Our primary customer base was federal, state and local municipalities It was essential that you provided superior service levels as the industry was competitive for offering fleet fuel services.
Pros
Excellent compensation, great working and learning environment, set your own work hours
Cons
BP is an exciting place to work when you are in the field. I learned a great deal about safety and best practice at our bulk fuel facilities. The employees and management of our bulk fuel facilities are the best in the industry. The corporate management is still top heavy and political. BP would would serve their stockholders much better if they invested in a culture of management that is focused on their employees opposed to silly politics and buzzwords.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Corporate management is very political and top heavy
very very very poor management us workers had to pull everything for them and clean whole store this place is good for teens but after that it will grow to be a pain
Pros
gas
Cons
supervisors
Was a great company until lehigh brought it every manager in our district went to truenorth and shell gas station.. Most employees were great until they brung in a bunch of their own employees.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Horrible company
My time at BP was amazing. I was exposed to so many different cultures and personality types. It really helped me grow as a person.
The job was very interesting because you did not know what to expect when stepping into the job. But certain employees were better then others at there skill set.
Pros
Got to meet various groups of people
Cons
Covering employee call offs on days off
It has been years since I've been at this company and I've had different positions during my career there. The management was never any issue. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I went home with a clear mind about my duties being completed.
Pros
Always encouraged you to train & upgrade your skills.
Cons
Sometimes long hours while in the Payroll department