BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 338 reviews matching the search See all 3,627 reviews
Weak management
Sr Instrument Controls Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2019
Just look at explosion in Gulf of Mexico and explosion at Texas City refinery. Then you understand culture of safety and management. Cash vs safety, cash is king.... BP is weak on safety. Poor diversity
Productive and fun place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  HoustonNovember 6, 2019
Worked with a variety of individuals that collectively brought a lot to the team. The company is very family friendly and accommodating. Peers are often easy to get along with and work with.
Good work and life balance
Lead Architect (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2019
Streamlined IT processes. Mature PMO alongwith well established architecture team. ARchitecture modeled on TOGAF and customized. Good work and life balance.
Productive Environment but Bureaucratic Company
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2019
I enjoyed the day to day challenges at work when working at BP. You had very equipped leaders in some areas that were pragmatic. My colleges were some of the best. However, the company was very bureaucratic and often times the simplest tasks were made very complicated.
Downsizing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2019
Company is shrinking and no opportunities for advancement. Each year the work force is being made redundant. Work life balance is talked about not managed actively by management.
Safe and a productive work environment
Wellsite Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2019
Safe, efficient, and delivery the plan. Work as one team, locality too the process, accountability. Live by the core value and follows the process and procedures.
Perfect mix of life/work balance
Learning Technology Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2019
BP has great work balance.
They embrace the agile method of working.
BP cares for their employees and their well-being
Slowly embracing new and emerging technologies as mindshifts take place
Okay Workplace
Strategy Implementation Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2019
BP is a financially strong company but culturally there needs a lot of change to be inclusive. The company is global but the mindset needs to be global that encourages diversity of ethnicity and culture across the ranks of the organization.
Very good work life balance
Data Engineer / Data Architect / PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2019
Very good place to work that keeps a positive working environment even in stressful situations. I would recommend the company to any applicants. Great campus.
Great place to work. There's a gym onsite, a medical center, a cafeteria, and much more.
New Hire I-9 Delivery Process Specialist and Owner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2019
The culture of BP is one that supports it's employees and their families. BP is big on safety and giving back to the community. I appreciated the flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home when I needed to. I would definitely recommend BP as a place to work.
A Good team work
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2019
As we all know British petroleum is one of the major oil companies in the USA, It migrating all the on-premises infrastructure to cloud. The team in Bp is always supportive and friendly.
Was excited to energy trading business
Data Architect/DB Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2019
Enjoyed working in Energy trading data warehousing & reporting. Excited to build DOA administration application for global deployment and developed data model for Credit risk management. The most enjoyable part work is building business critical applications that provide value to the business
Nice place to work
Contractor/Desktop/Field Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2019
I loved BP so much, I remained in constant contact with my ex-co workers. I was a contractor through IBM, and IBM actually governed all the rules of compensation, so I'm not putting this on BP. IBM refused to allow even necessary overtime, and pay raises were out of the question. But for my time there, my manager made the culture quite comfortable for me, expressed/extended confidence in me, and because of that, I actually enjoyed working there. I think that had I at least gotten a small raise--considering all that I contributed, I'd have never left. 5 stars for BP, 1 Star for IBM being so unfair with the compensation
Great Company, excellent benifits. Too many changes and poor leadrship.
Global Order Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2019
BP is a great company to work, the level knowledge gain working here is above and beyond. Work-life balance very good.
Unfortunately due to business decisions of cost optimization all corporate / operational functions are being relocated out of the US which is causing a lot o layoff. Poor leadership notice during the transition process.
Horrible place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2019
I can only speak for the area of Learning Operations. If you were not part of a click, you were screwed. They were very unprofessional and treated people horribly.
Excellent place to work
Legal Clerk/Crisis Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2019
I was hired as a Records Clerk for a short assignment, but it turned into a long-term assignment. I'm grateful for that opportunity that they gave me.
Great company to work for!
Senior Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2019
Good company to work for! Great benefits
The environment to work and grow is really great...there will travels and fun place to work. Coworkers are really helpful
Very good work environment
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2019
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Lack of career development options.
Americas Customer Fulfillment Mgr (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2019
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Lack of career development options. No clear strategy for the next 3 to 5 years, very focused on short term fire fight actions.
Great Pay, Culture and Benefits!!!
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2019
I could have retired at BP if it weren't for one bad manager they refuse to fire. He has continuously harassed many employees on his team and the company refuses to do anything about it. BP talks about "Speak Up" culture but turns a blind eye when something like this happens. Other than that, the pay and benefits are amazing and overall a great place to work.

51.4K