BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Large company with varying degrees of satisfaction
I have had very good and fulfilling roles at BP and I have had some that were much less so. Ones experience at BP will greatly depend on the leadership in the area.
Very prodective workplace fun working envirnoment collaboration between teams
Company hold a lot of events to keep teams engaged together between weekly community lunches and occasionally outings or dinners and team building events that keep everybody engaged.
I Expected More.
Extreme micromanaging from leadership.
Experienced employees paid considerably less than inexperienced teammates.

Lack of overall fairness across the team.

More criticism regarding work and minimal positive recognition.

Have to use vacation time to care for sick children. Sick leave is for employees only.

By far the worst representation of what an HR Dept should be.

Excellent benefit package.
Good
It was a great work culture/environment with excellent work life balance. Management could have been better, but I was appreciative of the great ones I got to work with in my years there.
quality professionals
Nice, professionals that really do care about people. trying to reinvent the company will take many years to deliver. I expect another cycle of transformation will follow.
Excellent Company
Wonderful company to work for. Beautiful campus, progressive employer who values work/life balance. Would recommend BP as an employer to anyone interested
Well balanced work and flexible time, management is very supportive and the pay is very generous based on your qualification and skill.
Working with BP is a very memorable one. Looking forward to work with BP at first opportunity comes along. The management is very supportive and the company provides a decent accommodation and vehicle to go to work. BP provided a round-trip business class air ticket from my domicile to work assignment.
Great place to work.
The people at BP are engaging and always ready to assist in getting projects completed. Friendly and welcoming environment. Very inclusive to everyone.
Racist
Constant pressure by managers.
Everyone for themselves.

Lots of meeting.

Most managers employees are misinformed or opinionated.

Nit a team environment.
Pros
Cons
If you can kiss @&$& good.
Good company with great benefits and culture.
BP is a great company to work for. They have a diverse workforce, competitive benefits and a work culture that supports their core values, namely respect and safety.
management is unaware
management of my particular team doesnt bother to know what people are doing from day to day. No scrums. My coworker who is full time doesnt even do any work, and he is not held accountable. He in fact works on his own personal projects.
Decent place overall, pays well
Overall a good environment, but feels like it is lacking in soul. Not much investment in their employees growing, but the static job you have will most likely be a good one, but with little to no potential to grow past what you were initially hired for.
Great place to work.
Great people
Great management

Great flexibility

Great support

Technical jobs , great learning, great responsibility, allow you a lot of latitude in your position
Leading E&P company with unlimited opportunities
Careers here are what you make of it. Put in the effort, learn, and grow. The company offers all types of employment opportunities in many fields and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion for all.
Senior \ Executive management is extremely WHITE.
BP has challenges understanding the meaning of diversity and inclusion. They promote white women to join their white men in efforts to consider themselves inclusive. People of color are rarely considered for Senior and executive positions. I highly encourage African Americans to seek employment elsewhere. Most are not promoted so they leave for more inclusive companies.
Pros
Great place to work if you are a white woman or white man. Good pay and benefits.
Cons
A thick glass ceiling for people of color.
Bad management
Did not have a pleasant exeprience other than good pay.
BP seems to put the wrong people on management jobs, at least in IT. Non-inclusive environment, all indians, at least in the organization where i worked.
Great place to earn your wings and prove yourself
I had a great time at BP for most of my career. I met with and managed some rather large groups to help ensure successful delivery of critical business applications across the commodity spectrum
Great work place.
The 90/80 schedule was really a plus along with the positive work environment. There is much to learn in the business and there were tons of resources to help you succeed.
Great company to work for
BP is a great company to work for. You will have many opportunities to grow and advance. It is best to find a stream you like and stick with it. Examples are Upstream (oil and gas exploration and production), Downstream (pipelines, refining, retail) and Trading (oil and gas trading).
Pros
Growth, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Advancement methodology changes between depth and breadth.
The best company to work for
It was a very enjoyable company that provided me the incentive to become successful not only within the company but as a human being as well. It provided me the opportunity to become a leader, as a very tech savvy, business savvy and it made me strive for progress not perfection through customer satisfaction and business purposes that yielded a lot of ROI within the company.
New Team HR
BP is an excellent employer who will give to you if you are willing to give it to them. They have excellent employee relations, benefits, and flexibility.
1.5K