Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

The env is professional, very comitted and dedicated colleagues. The work is task oriented and involves individual contribution as well as team contribution
good company to work for. management is not very efficient. like to have more responsibilities and progress in my career. high turnover and no room for advancement.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
You have to have sell drive and energy for this Company. I could have contributed significantly!! My background and skills were an excellent match for the role I had. I saw some other areas where I was also a good fit. Too bad I got laid off due to CoronaVirus (I was a Contractor who had been recently hired)
Pros
A lot of opportunities to perform, create value, and solve problems
Cons
Large and fast, especially if you come from "small scale" background.
After working for nearly a decade at BP, holding a variety of roles in various departments, I experienced great joy and great disappointment. My biggest takeaway is that your manager (or the leadership of your department) can pave the way to either your success, stagnation or demise. Change was constant the entire time I was there and during some of the hardest times (oil spill era), I had phenomenal leaders who fostered my progress and growth. Yet, as the company began downsizing, I encountered 'managers' who had no backbone or clue on how to grow or represent their employees' capabilities. I was extremely loyal to the company and believed in their values, because the majority of staff embodied them. However, it only takes one or two 'difficult' clashes to put you outside of the cliques and then you are managed out, demeaned and made to feel you are incompetent. Although they bring you to the team as the subject matter expert, others who have no clue about the discipline are allowed to influence decisions based on their 'feelings.' They attempt to gaslight you, and it's a known tactic they use to get people to quit instead of firing them. If you are seriously considering an offer from BP, know that it's just a 'job' not a career; you are expendable; don't miss your valuable family life for work success; negotiate your salary and benefits because they will attempt to low ball you and have you do more than the prior person did for less. Be prepared for constant change and don't be one to buck the status quo unless you have high-profile leaders that 'have your back.' It - more...
I worked at BP as a contractor. While many of the people were good to work with, the ones that weren't were bad in big ways so it overshadowed the good. Some managers were known to be problems yet were allowed to stay in their positions and treat people disrespectfully and unprofessionally. The manager I worked with most had no issue with providing comments on a document we prepared every week at the close of business on Wednesday and just expected me to stay late on that day every week, which was a hardship. I ended up completing my initial contract term and moving on when it was obvious work-life balance and good culture was talked about but not really lived.
I don't have much more to say other than BP is a good company to work for. I had a good time at BP but it was time for me to go and find something else to do.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Company hold a lot of events to keep teams engaged together between weekly community lunches and occasionally outings or dinners and team building events that keep everybody engaged.
Extreme micromanaging from leadership. Experienced employees paid considerably less than inexperienced teammates. Lack of overall fairness across the team. More criticism regarding work and minimal positive recognition. Have to use vacation time to care for sick children. Sick leave is for employees only. By far the worst representation of what an HR Dept should be. Excellent benefit package.
I have had very good and fulfilling roles at BP and I have had some that were much less so. Ones experience at BP will greatly depend on the leadership in the area.
It was a great work culture/environment with excellent work life balance. Management could have been better, but I was appreciative of the great ones I got to work with in my years there.
Nice, professionals that really do care about people. trying to reinvent the company will take many years to deliver. I expect another cycle of transformation will follow.
Wonderful company to work for. Beautiful campus, progressive employer who values work/life balance. Would recommend BP as an employer to anyone interested
Working with BP is a very memorable one. Looking forward to work with BP at first opportunity comes along. The management is very supportive and the company provides a decent accommodation and vehicle to go to work. BP provided a round-trip business class air ticket from my domicile to work assignment.
The people at BP are engaging and always ready to assist in getting projects completed. Friendly and welcoming environment. Very inclusive to everyone.
Constant pressure by managers. Everyone for themselves. Lots of meeting. Most managers employees are misinformed or opinionated. Nit a team environment.
Pros
Cons
If you can kiss @&$& good.
BP is a great company to work for. They have a diverse workforce, competitive benefits and a work culture that supports their core values, namely respect and safety.
management of my particular team doesnt bother to know what people are doing from day to day. No scrums. My coworker who is full time doesnt even do any work, and he is not held accountable. He in fact works on his own personal projects.
Overall a good environment, but feels like it is lacking in soul. Not much investment in their employees growing, but the static job you have will most likely be a good one, but with little to no potential to grow past what you were initially hired for.
Great people Great management Great flexibility Great support Technical jobs , great learning, great responsibility, allow you a lot of latitude in your position
Careers here are what you make of it. Put in the effort, learn, and grow. The company offers all types of employment opportunities in many fields and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion for all.
BP has challenges understanding the meaning of diversity and inclusion. They promote white women to join their white men in efforts to consider themselves inclusive. People of color are rarely considered for Senior and executive positions. I highly encourage African Americans to seek employment elsewhere. Most are not promoted so they leave for more inclusive companies.
Pros
Great place to work if you are a white woman or white man. Good pay and benefits.
Cons
A thick glass ceiling for people of color.