BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 347 reviews matching the search See all 3,706 reviews
Was excited to energy trading business
Data Architect/DB Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2019
Enjoyed working in Energy trading data warehousing & reporting. Excited to build DOA administration application for global deployment and developed data model for Credit risk management. The most enjoyable part work is building business critical applications that provide value to the business
Nice place to work
Contractor/Desktop/Field Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2019
I loved BP so much, I remained in constant contact with my ex-co workers. I was a contractor through IBM, and IBM actually governed all the rules of compensation, so I'm not putting this on BP. IBM refused to allow even necessary overtime, and pay raises were out of the question. But for my time there, my manager made the culture quite comfortable for me, expressed/extended confidence in me, and because of that, I actually enjoyed working there. I think that had I at least gotten a small raise--considering all that I contributed, I'd have never left. 5 stars for BP, 1 Star for IBM being so unfair with the compensation
Great Company, excellent benifits. Too many changes and poor leadrship.
Global Order Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2019
BP is a great company to work, the level knowledge gain working here is above and beyond. Work-life balance very good.
Unfortunately due to business decisions of cost optimization all corporate / operational functions are being relocated out of the US which is causing a lot o layoff. Poor leadership notice during the transition process.
Horrible place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2019
I can only speak for the area of Learning Operations. If you were not part of a click, you were screwed. They were very unprofessional and treated people horribly.
Excellent place to work
Legal Clerk/Crisis Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2019
I was hired as a Records Clerk for a short assignment, but it turned into a long-term assignment. I'm grateful for that opportunity that they gave me.
Great company to work for!
Senior Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2019
Good company to work for! Great benefits
The environment to work and grow is really great...there will travels and fun place to work. Coworkers are really helpful
Very good work environment
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2019
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Lack of career development options.
Americas Customer Fulfillment Mgr (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2019
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Lack of career development options. No clear strategy for the next 3 to 5 years, very focused on short term fire fight actions.
Great Pay, Culture and Benefits!!!
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2019
I could have retired at BP if it weren't for one bad manager they refuse to fire. He has continuously harassed many employees on his team and the company refuses to do anything about it. BP talks about "Speak Up" culture but turns a blind eye when something like this happens. Other than that, the pay and benefits are amazing and overall a great place to work.
Good company, great work / life balance & Benefits
Procurement Supply Chain Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2019
BP is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and have a great culture. In some areas they do value relationships over capabilities so it is important to develop and maintain relationships within the company.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2019
Great place to work. The employees and manager are extremely approachable and helpful. The work culture is relaxed and conducive to high performance. I would recommend BP to everyone.
BP have entered a new era in work management, they have seen the benefits of people working from home and actively encourage it.
Document Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079June 10, 2019
I personally enjoy the team ethic, working together, solving problems and issues as a team, this engenders team spirit and the project as a whole benefits from it.
Pros
Close proximity to home, great team spirit, a real diversity of engineering with a plethora of experience, which they are willing to share.
Cons
Not had a pay rise in 4 years
Contract work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2019
I did contract work, the management of the contract team had an unreasonable expectation of people under him. He wasn't married nor had kids, so he expected everyone to work 24/7. I was even threatened of being fired when I had to leave to take my son from school to the ER due to an accident on an icy day. It's been years, I am not even sure the Contracted company works under BP anymore.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime, no time for family
Decent work environment
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2019
Very cut throat work environment. Must be willing to go above and beyond in order to be rewarded. Management doesn't usually listen to employees opinions.
nothinh
Global Valve Category Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2019
culture is good, work life balance is great, promotions suck , very hierarchical environment , agile at times, management has an open door policy but never really takes actions
Was a good position while I had it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2019
Environment was friendly and team oriented. Kept me busy. Enjoyable position to have. There was a variety of opportunities for advancement. Ability to work from home if needed or so desired.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
company wide lay offs
Professional work environment.
Financial Analyst and Legal Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
Professional work environment. Management in most areas are courteous but to the point on direction for the project. Hardest part of the job is wondering how long you will have a job.
Pros
Great health benefits and retirement for their employees. Onsite gyms and physical activities.
Cons
Independent contractors used instead of hiring them as employees.
Okay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2019
BP provides a decent work life balance, but the culture is changing. Benefits are great. Compensation is good, but could be better. Overall good company, but could be better.
Excellent company to work for
Ultra-Deepwater Daytime Wellsite Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2019
This company is a great company to work for. They pay good and bend over backward to make sure their employees are happy. I really liked the pro-active attitude they had to make all employees happy.
Great company with an agile working enviornment
Functional HR Planning & Performance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2019
A relaxed work culture that believes in work life balance. They achieve a seamless working relationship to connect everyone globally. Diversity and inclusion is a high priority.
Pros
Onsite wellness center and gym

51.4K