How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

bp Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX365 reviews
The env is professional, very comitted and dedicated colleagues.
The work is task oriented and involves individual contribution as well as team contribution
I had a great time at BP for most of my career. I met with and managed some rather large groups to help ensure successful delivery of critical business applications across the commodity spectrum
The 90/80 schedule was really a plus along with the positive work environment. There is much to learn in the business and there were tons of resources to help you succeed.
BP is a great company to work for. You will have many opportunities to grow and advance. It is best to find a stream you like and stick with it. Examples are Upstream (oil and gas exploration and production), Downstream (pipelines, refining, retail) and Trading (oil and gas trading).
Pros
Growth, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Advancement methodology changes between depth and breadth.
It was a very enjoyable company that provided me the incentive to become successful not only within the company but as a human being as well. It provided me the opportunity to become a leader, as a very tech savvy, business savvy and it made me strive for progress not perfection through customer satisfaction and business purposes that yielded a lot of ROI within the company.
BP is an excellent employer who will give to you if you are willing to give it to them. They have excellent employee relations, benefits, and flexibility.
Great company to work for, if you get the right manager. There are several managers who follow the BP management methodology and then there are the rogue managers who do not follow BP's style.
Just look at explosion in Gulf of Mexico and explosion at Texas City refinery. Then you understand culture of safety and management. Cash vs safety, cash is king.... BP is weak on safety. Poor diversity
Worked with a variety of individuals that collectively brought a lot to the team. The company is very family friendly and accommodating. Peers are often easy to get along with and work with.
It is a great company and has a great workplace culture. Good work life balance. Facilities are top notch. Only negatives - it is BIG Corporation and UK runs many parts of the business.
Streamlined IT processes. Mature PMO alongwith well established architecture team. ARchitecture modeled on TOGAF and customized. Good work and life balance.
I enjoyed the day to day challenges at work when working at BP. You had very equipped leaders in some areas that were pragmatic. My colleges were some of the best. However, the company was very bureaucratic and often times the simplest tasks were made very complicated.
Company is shrinking and no opportunities for advancement. Each year the work force is being made redundant. Work life balance is talked about not managed actively by management.
Safe, efficient, and delivery the plan. Work as one team, locality too the process, accountability. Live by the core value and follows the process and procedures.
BP has great work balance.
They embrace the agile method of working.

BP cares for their employees and their well-being

Slowly embracing new and emerging technologies as mindshifts take place
BP is a financially strong company but culturally there needs a lot of change to be inclusive. The company is global but the mindset needs to be global that encourages diversity of ethnicity and culture across the ranks of the organization.
Very good place to work that keeps a positive working environment even in stressful situations. I would recommend the company to any applicants. Great campus.
The culture of BP is one that supports it's employees and their families. BP is big on safety and giving back to the community. I appreciated the flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home when I needed to. I would definitely recommend BP as a place to work.
As we all know British petroleum is one of the major oil companies in the USA, It migrating all the on-premises infrastructure to cloud. The team in Bp is always supportive and friendly.
Enjoyed working in Energy trading data warehousing & reporting. Excited to build DOA administration application for global deployment and developed data model for Credit risk management. The most enjoyable part work is building business critical applications that provide value to the business
I loved BP so much, I remained in constant contact with my ex-co workers. I was a contractor through IBM, and IBM actually governed all the rules of compensation, so I'm not putting this on BP. IBM refused to allow even necessary overtime, and pay raises were out of the question. But for my time there, my manager made the culture quite comfortable for me, expressed/extended confidence in me, and because of that, I actually enjoyed working there. I think that had I at least gotten a small raise--considering all that I contributed, I'd have never left. 5 stars for BP, 1 Star for IBM being so unfair with the compensation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K