Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX365 reviews
The env is professional, very comitted and dedicated colleagues.
The work is task oriented and involves individual contribution as well as team contribution
BP is a great company to work, the level knowledge gain working here is above and beyond. Work-life balance very good.
Unfortunately due to business decisions of cost optimization all corporate / operational functions are being relocated out of the US which is causing a lot o layoff. Poor leadership notice during the transition process.
I can only speak for the area of Learning Operations. If you were not part of a click, you were screwed. They were very unprofessional and treated people horribly.
I was hired as a Records Clerk for a short assignment, but it turned into a long-term assignment. I'm grateful for that opportunity that they gave me.
Good company to work for! Great benefits
The environment to work and grow is really great...there will travels and fun place to work. Coworkers are really helpful
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Lack of career development options. No clear strategy for the next 3 to 5 years, very focused on short term fire fight actions.
I could have retired at BP if it weren't for one bad manager they refuse to fire. He has continuously harassed many employees on his team and the company refuses to do anything about it. BP talks about "Speak Up" culture but turns a blind eye when something like this happens. Other than that, the pay and benefits are amazing and overall a great place to work.
BP is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and have a great culture. In some areas they do value relationships over capabilities so it is important to develop and maintain relationships within the company.
Great place to work. The employees and manager are extremely approachable and helpful. The work culture is relaxed and conducive to high performance. I would recommend BP to everyone.
I personally enjoy the team ethic, working together, solving problems and issues as a team, this engenders team spirit and the project as a whole benefits from it.
Pros
Close proximity to home, great team spirit, a real diversity of engineering with a plethora of experience, which they are willing to share.
Cons
Not had a pay rise in 4 years
I did contract work, the management of the contract team had an unreasonable expectation of people under him. He wasn't married nor had kids, so he expected everyone to work 24/7. I was even threatened of being fired when I had to leave to take my son from school to the ER due to an accident on an icy day. It's been years, I am not even sure the Contracted company works under BP anymore.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime, no time for family
Very cut throat work environment. Must be willing to go above and beyond in order to be rewarded. Management doesn't usually listen to employees opinions.
culture is good, work life balance is great, promotions suck , very hierarchical environment , agile at times, management has an open door policy but never really takes actions
Environment was friendly and team oriented. Kept me busy. Enjoyable position to have. There was a variety of opportunities for advancement. Ability to work from home if needed or so desired.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
company wide lay offs
Professional work environment. Management in most areas are courteous but to the point on direction for the project. Hardest part of the job is wondering how long you will have a job.
Pros
Great health benefits and retirement for their employees. Onsite gyms and physical activities.
Cons
Independent contractors used instead of hiring them as employees.
BP provides a decent work life balance, but the culture is changing. Benefits are great. Compensation is good, but could be better. Overall good company, but could be better.
This company is a great company to work for. They pay good and bend over backward to make sure their employees are happy. I really liked the pro-active attitude they had to make all employees happy.
A relaxed work culture that believes in work life balance. They achieve a seamless working relationship to connect everyone globally. Diversity and inclusion is a high priority.
Pros
Onsite wellness center and gym
BP always supported the growth of its employees. Pay and benefits are excellent. BP valued employees input. BP allowed folks to grow. Work life balance was constantly being looked at for areas by which it could be improved.
I really enjoyed working for BP, the people and the opportunities where great. I was able to broaden my experience and skills while I was working at BP.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K