Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX365 reviews
The env is professional, very comitted and dedicated colleagues.
The work is task oriented and involves individual contribution as well as team contribution
Very great environment. great employees. Very big on safety and due diligence. Great benefits,. great production. Great customer relations and people are all treated the same.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, health care
good work structure and career advance incentive.
A typical day includes a meeting review, reply emails, contact clients and contractors.pay invoices, get invoice approvals, load data from SAP, the hardest part is the workload..it never ends. the amount of invoices uploaded every hour is insane but you get used to it after a while
Pros
lots of perks
Cons
you are constantly competing with your colleagues to prove your worth
good place to work good. i already gave you my review i don't appreciate having to give you one hundred and fifty characters just to be able to move on from this page
BP takes care of its employees and community. I spent 15 years working at BP, I enjoyed the family activities BP would have throughout the year. Highly recommend this company to anyone wanting to work in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Pros
Community Involved
Cons
Parking garage was full very early
Its an adventure. Every day there is a new thing that will greet you. There is always a new initiative. Good equipment. Good color scheme. Good everything.
Pros
The international character
Cons
Retired from BP after 35 years of working there. Co-workers and supervisors were like family to me. Great atmosphere. Had a well balanced job and work life there. I had the oportunity to travel, take classes, train new hires, worked closely with other departments. Learned everything I know about Oil and Gas at this job.
Pros
Benefits, flex hours, pay
Cons
20+ years of Global Experience Developing Contract Models and Negotiating Contracts in a wide variety of industries: Upstream, Downstream, Midstream, Environmental Consulting Services, Oil Spill Response, Decommissioning/Demolition Services, Major Construction, Chemicals, Polymer Manufacturing, Combustion Turbines and Electrical & Instrumentation.
While I appreciate the working force culture that BP has in place, it has big structural problems.

There are constant re-organizations and layoffs. This results in constantly changing processes that no one understands. You spend so much time just fighting through bureaucracy that there's not much time left for doing your actual job.

Training and development opportunities are alright for new college grads, but as a 5+ year employee there are no deeper technical training opportunities available outside of the narrow silo that the company wants to keep you in.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, no fears of "cut throat" practices
Cons
Difficult to get anything done, and to be given opportunities to challenge yourself and develop
Good supply chain staff and management. Fun to work and slightly stressful when you have new deployments. I have been working here for over 3-4 months and I do not have anything bad to tell.
Good Support
Good management team

Good guidance

team and support

Positive work place and professionally implemented of policies

policies clear and well presented
Gave Chance to explore more to advancement in career. The WorkPlace and management are good enough to support us. It helped me to learn new ways for advancement.
The climate at BP was very relaxed for the most part and co workers shared knowledge and the company provided classes for job improvement. The benefits were in my opinion excellent.
Pros
Employee atmosphere freindly 9/80 work schedule
Cons
Telecomute not allowed
BP is a great company to work for; the only issue is that they outsource a lot. Other than that, they offer employees a lot of things and show their employees that they are appreciated and valued.
Pros
Constant learning and changing
Cons
Outsourcing a lot
Due to the many accidents, BP has become a process driven company. Work has become centered around process reviews and less about constructive, revenue generating work.
Great place to work. Flexibility encouraged and valued. Many benefits. Methods to simplify and increase efficiency were often rushed and had the opposite result.
In time the CEO for the L48 spinoff will drive the onshore business into the ground like his other failures, Chesapeake and Sandridge. It is ALL about profit and nothing about people or doing the right thing.
Worst place I ever worked. The corporate culture is backstabbing and mean, with everything being run from London....very little autonomy. No former employees of BP were surprised at the Deepwater Horizon accident, the company cut any corners it can. Just stay away.
Without a doubt, being a part of the gulf coast restoration effort after Deepwater Horizon and also helping the company rebuild itself in the US after the accident.
The client was demanding and providing real time solution using SAP OOPs and we were given exposure to workflow and other technically challenging areas.
A typical work day was very busy, but the atmosphere was a relaxed, friendly and productive. I learned how to be a collaborative team player and much about operations. For the most part, leadership was sharp and productive. Workplace culture is relaxed, but very busy. Hardest part of the job was just trying to keep up with two roles once the company had reduced staff it was a challenge but just I am grateful that I was in that space and able to get it done! The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by such dedicated and smart colleagues who encouraged, supported and helped you,
Pros
Great, smart people
Cons
Stressful (Lower48)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K