BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 347 reviews matching the search See all 3,708 reviews
Technical growth
Developer, reviewer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
The client was demanding and providing real time solution using SAP OOPs and we were given exposure to workflow and other technically challenging areas.
Much has changed but still a great place to work!
Drilling & Completion Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
A typical work day was very busy, but the atmosphere was a relaxed, friendly and productive. I learned how to be a collaborative team player and much about operations. For the most part, leadership was sharp and productive. Workplace culture is relaxed, but very busy. Hardest part of the job was just trying to keep up with two roles once the company had reduced staff it was a challenge but just I am grateful that I was in that space and able to get it done! The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by such dedicated and smart colleagues who encouraged, supported and helped you,
Pros
Great, smart people
Cons
Stressful (Lower48)
Good
Document Control Specialist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
Great Group of people to work with. Several projects to play a part of. Great learning experience for me with various forms of software. Great lace to learn corporate structure.
Very Unorganized
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
I had to work at a different location from my peers , however my Team Lead was pleasant and answered all my questions. I was assured that I would be permanently hired on. I was not hired on after the project. Which lead to me being hired on with Chevron.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
no communication
Great Benefits but poor management of change
I&E TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
BP has been under a lot of changes in the last few years. They have a lot more changes to complete before I would really recommend it in the top work cultures. The constant changing makes it difficult for technicians to be confident with task. Managers from Mechanical background, supervising Electrical and Instrumentation Tech is epic fail.
Big Company with Good Benefits
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
BP provided excellent salary and benefits to their employees. Corporate Bureaucracy was strangling at times and I had an innumerable amount of meetings. The culture was team oriented and with very positive messaging. Non merit based affirmative action was rampant; especially at the lower levels of the company.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits; Team Oriented Culture
Cons
Strangling Bureaucracy; Over emphasis on affirmative action
Productive & Collaborative Workplace
PSCM Category Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
On average BP is a flexible workplace and have done a good job of selecting personnel which understand the value of time management. The culture is formal in the sense of business behaviors but yet has a certain ease and team feel when working within most groups.The most enjoyable part of my job were the people. There is opportunity for growth but the process is slow due to available opportunities.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Too many levels of senior approval on basic job activities
Great Company to work for
Administrative Assistant/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
BP is an international company that has, over the years, groomed many entry level employees for management. They have provided (actually required much of this) opportunities to be trained in areas that allowed for advancement. They allowed a flexible work schedule within the guidelines of the different departments. There were many amenities on campus (cafeteria, coffee shops, wellness medical center, childcare center, gym/fitness center, walking paths) which were available to all employees and contractors. The compensation programs, vacation guidelines and bonus structures made for an excellent employment package.
Pros
Employment guidelines, attention to safety
Cons
Oil and gas industry, subject to economy downturns.
Lots of professional staffs and good managment
Sr. Project Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
I worked with lots of engineers on the projects, they are very professional and helpful. During the year I worked at BP, company had a great and positive culture, good management, until Macondo accident happened, company lost lots of great people, management style changed (unqualified people replaced some management positions due to loss of good professional people). Alternately, company culture changed.
They weren’t bad
Well Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Easy work by the book. The safety program was overdone causing less compliance with regulations. There is some cutthroat type behavior depending on which assest you’re part of.
BP sales engineer intern
Sales Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2018
a typical day at work starts with checking emails for potential clients and maintained clientele. we then go through meetings to start our goals for the day and target the places we need to invest in. the management and workplace culture of BP is one of the best and they provide you the energy needed to push you through your very best and i thoroughly enjoy my part of the job as a sales engineer.
Pros
free food, medical insurance, dental, vision, etc.
Cons
commission
Ambiente de trabajo respetuoso
EH&S Auditor and Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
BP valora sobre todo la seguridad; por lo tanto, mi labor era muy apreciada.
Pros
Seguro de gastos médicos mayores.
Cons
El auto que me daban no era último modelo.
No job security
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Yearly re-org. Does not matter how hard you work or how much you contribute, if you do not get on the right side of upper management, you'll probably get cut sooner or later based on headcount.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Great company to work for!
Audit & Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2018
Truly an amazing company that takes care of its people. BP is innovative in progressing with technology and strenthening skill sets along the way. Management genuinely invests in the contribution to a healthy work/life balance, and they ensure that execution of such is met.
All around Professional
Administrative Assistant III -Full-time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
I loved this short term opportunity. I answered the phones, assisted with travel itineraries, took pictures of famous Olympic medalist with BP employees, assisted in the athlete agreements, filed, order goods for my department, heavy mailing and shipping.
Pros
Meeting former Olympians, and being around professional people
Cons
The opportunity was only short-term.
Good Company When Not Laying People Off
Business Analyst - Customer Service Order To Cash (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
BP provided a great work environment with many talented people to draw knowledge from. Management is accessible and the immediate management is receptive to employees needs.
Pros
Good coworkers and relaxed work environment
Cons
Job stability and security
Environment
Data Analyst / HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
Very great and engaging. The employees and management were very good and helpful, and this mad e a great work place! Would love to go back again. Highly recommend this place!
Good but going downhill
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Management has really taken a downturn. They do offer excellent compensation and benefits. Overall the culture is good but the market and the circumstances for this company play a major factor in the constant change in dynamics, not for the better.
A fantastic company to work for
Finance Manager, Upstream Global Projects (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
I have spent the last 15 years of my career working for BP. It is a great company to work for, providing opportunities to work in a variety of roles and locations.
Pros
pay, benefits, opportunities
Love BP
Safety Manager, BP Biofuels (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasMay 14, 2018
BP was the greatest work environment I ever had. Great culture and highly professional personnel. Company was adamant about balance of life and work. Best company in the world to work for, as long as you can stay
Pros
the culture
Cons
when a division closes you have to reapply as though you are fresh off the street

51.4K