BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 347 reviews matching the search See all 3,706 reviews
Smart people and challenging work
Talent Acquisition Manager, Americas (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
Intense work environment with a lot of nice people. Lots of opportunity for professional growth. The company needs to advance in efficiencies but they are ahead of most.
Very strong British Cultural work environment
Project Coordinator, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
Very strong British Cultural work environment - required many layers of approval to get most work accomplished, not as flexible or "quick-on-the-draw" as it could have been, missed many opportunities in the U.S. due to this reactiveness, or lack thereof
Pros
Very well compensated, strived to be a very collaborative workplace.
Cons
Complex chain of command, always having to "check with London" before moving forward on may initiatives
Great Place to Work
Marine/Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. Management understands the need for work/life balance and encourages all employees to better themselves though various avenues of eduction and work assignments.
A good company for one or two gigs duration
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
The company focuses on developing recently hired staff by current management. Turnover on management causes organizational changes and you may loose career track. Benefits are good if you get them while employed; company could modernized its benefits offer (retirement) to move with the person if they are exited before retirement which is very likely.
BP North America
Regional Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2018
This is the greatest place to be employed and they have training to advance you on what you wish to be in your future.

This company even cares about you after a lay off.
BP great place tp work
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
The world is changing fast and BP is changing with it. The mix of energy that provides heat, light and mobility for billions of people is shifting towards lower carbon sources, driven by advances in technology and growing concerns about climate change. We're determined to play our part in this transition – helping to meet the world's need for more energy while also reducing carbon emissions
Awesome place of work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
I enjoyed every moment I spent at BP... BP wan one of the first companies that taught me a lot about work culture and diversity. I appreciated the intense respect for the brand at BP. BP also offered Credit Union to all staff members
Great work place that allowed me to work part time
Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
Great work place that allowed me to work part time to satay at home with children
Fairly compensated and a great place to work.
on a computer all day long
Work Culture
Counterparty Due Diligence Legacy Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2018
Good exposure to working in an inclusive diverse multicultural environment. The workplace culture is friendly and offers flexible ways of working. My commute to office was great.
Exciting Place to work
Subsea Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2018
This is a great place to work where the opportunities and challenges are abundant. The atmosphere is open and diverse, with a multicultural environment to learn and grow.
good life/work support
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
good work environment, great life/work balance support.
Currently working in Houston, so there are traffic issues to deal with, but BP allows for altered work hours to manage high traffic times.
The BP Cherry Point Project was short lived. As several engineering firms bid on this job. However, my organization did not get the job.
Document Mgmt. Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
The BP Cherry Point Project was unique, as several engineering companies bid on the job. And were required to utilize the client electronic document management system. This was a unique approach to managing documents. It was a learning experience, however I did not get to fully use the system as my company lost the bid.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast Paced & competitive with small fish, big pond feeling
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Oil and Gas industry......felt at home there since it is the industry I was most familiar with. Global company, gave feeling of being just another cog in the wheel, just another number.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
small fish, big pond feel
Great workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Great workplace to work in and have many things to learn.Takes good care of the employees and have many amenities within the campus for overall development.
BP is a large diverse company with lots of growth potential for employees, but needs improvement in management and direction.
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
While working for BP for a total of 18 years, I had very challenging and interesting positions. I had opportunities to develop my own career path. However, many times I was bogged down by paper work and conflicting priorities. Management sometimes had difficulty knowing which direction they wanted to head in. It was unfortunate because my coworkers were great and there was a sense of a cooperative environment within most work Teams. Nonetheless, priorities quickly changed often and I never got the sense of true accomplishment and completion of the goals that were set. Pay was excellent and great opportunities for advancement! The only thing missing was having management set goals and stick with them so priorities would not change so often and thus reducing stress levels on employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits, excellent pay
Cons
Conflicting priorities, lots of paperwork, difficulty completing tasks
Audio technician
Audio-Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Nice campus here in Houston. Lots of parking and has a cafeteria in the building. You get a free gym membership with really nice work out equipment and great atmosphere.
Great company
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Excellent program run by enthusiastic and helpful people.
Good foot in the door for entry level graduates.
Great way to build resume for Oil Industry positions.
Great People working for huge company with a tendency for centralized decision making
Project General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
there are many things that were wrong with BP, but the people working there are great and this makes for wonderful environment.

My biggest complaint about BP (while I worked there) was its tendency to centralize decision making. This is different that my earlier experience with Amoco.

For every bad think I could say about BP there would be 3 good things that make the final verdict positive. i have many opportunities to interface with other companies, there are only a handful i would rather work for than BP.
Pros
People
Good company and good leadership
PROJECT / PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasDecember 12, 2017
Need to excel in everything you do. Colaboration and team work is a plus. Good operations and safety culture, with results in mind, however, how to get good results is also very important.
Pros
Good work / family life balance
Cons
not a lot of opportuinities outside of the US
Command Center
Command Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
In charge of command center watching 200 cameras controlled access to visitor parking lot & employee lot. also foot patrols all floors & wand about 75 buttons
Pros
Fresh food to buy
Cons
Bad if you need to use restroom

51.4K