Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX365 reviews
The env is professional, very comitted and dedicated colleagues.
The work is task oriented and involves individual contribution as well as team contribution
Great Group of people to work with. Several projects to play a part of. Great learning experience for me with various forms of software. Great lace to learn corporate structure.
I had to work at a different location from my peers , however my Team Lead was pleasant and answered all my questions. I was assured that I would be permanently hired on. I was not hired on after the project. Which lead to me being hired on with Chevron.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
no communication
BP has been under a lot of changes in the last few years. They have a lot more changes to complete before I would really recommend it in the top work cultures. The constant changing makes it difficult for technicians to be confident with task. Managers from Mechanical background, supervising Electrical and Instrumentation Tech is epic fail.
BP provided excellent salary and benefits to their employees. Corporate Bureaucracy was strangling at times and I had an innumerable amount of meetings. The culture was team oriented and with very positive messaging. Non merit based affirmative action was rampant; especially at the lower levels of the company.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits; Team Oriented Culture
Cons
Strangling Bureaucracy; Over emphasis on affirmative action
On average BP is a flexible workplace and have done a good job of selecting personnel which understand the value of time management. The culture is formal in the sense of business behaviors but yet has a certain ease and team feel when working within most groups.The most enjoyable part of my job were the people. There is opportunity for growth but the process is slow due to available opportunities.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Too many levels of senior approval on basic job activities
BP is an international company that has, over the years, groomed many entry level employees for management. They have provided (actually required much of this) opportunities to be trained in areas that allowed for advancement. They allowed a flexible work schedule within the guidelines of the different departments. There were many amenities on campus (cafeteria, coffee shops, wellness medical center, childcare center, gym/fitness center, walking paths) which were available to all employees and contractors. The compensation programs, vacation guidelines and bonus structures made for an excellent employment package.
Pros
Employment guidelines, attention to safety
Cons
Oil and gas industry, subject to economy downturns.
I worked with lots of engineers on the projects, they are very professional and helpful. During the year I worked at BP, company had a great and positive culture, good management, until Macondo accident happened, company lost lots of great people, management style changed (unqualified people replaced some management positions due to loss of good professional people). Alternately, company culture changed.
Easy work by the book. The safety program was overdone causing less compliance with regulations. There is some cutthroat type behavior depending on which assest you’re part of.
a typical day at work starts with checking emails for potential clients and maintained clientele. we then go through meetings to start our goals for the day and target the places we need to invest in. the management and workplace culture of BP is one of the best and they provide you the energy needed to push you through your very best and i thoroughly enjoy my part of the job as a sales engineer.
Pros
free food, medical insurance, dental, vision, etc.
Cons
commission
BP valora sobre todo la seguridad; por lo tanto, mi labor era muy apreciada.
Pros
Seguro de gastos médicos mayores.
Cons
El auto que me daban no era último modelo.
Yearly re-org. Does not matter how hard you work or how much you contribute, if you do not get on the right side of upper management, you'll probably get cut sooner or later based on headcount.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Truly an amazing company that takes care of its people. BP is innovative in progressing with technology and strenthening skill sets along the way. Management genuinely invests in the contribution to a healthy work/life balance, and they ensure that execution of such is met.
I loved this short term opportunity. I answered the phones, assisted with travel itineraries, took pictures of famous Olympic medalist with BP employees, assisted in the athlete agreements, filed, order goods for my department, heavy mailing and shipping.
Pros
Meeting former Olympians, and being around professional people
Cons
The opportunity was only short-term.
BP provided a great work environment with many talented people to draw knowledge from. Management is accessible and the immediate management is receptive to employees needs.
Pros
Good coworkers and relaxed work environment
Cons
Job stability and security
Very great and engaging. The employees and management were very good and helpful, and this mad e a great work place! Would love to go back again. Highly recommend this place!
Management has really taken a downturn. They do offer excellent compensation and benefits. Overall the culture is good but the market and the circumstances for this company play a major factor in the constant change in dynamics, not for the better.
I have spent the last 15 years of my career working for BP. It is a great company to work for, providing opportunities to work in a variety of roles and locations.
Pros
pay, benefits, opportunities
BP was the greatest work environment I ever had. Great culture and highly professional personnel. Company was adamant about balance of life and work. Best company in the world to work for, as long as you can stay
Pros
the culture
Cons
when a division closes you have to reapply as though you are fresh off the street
Intense work environment with a lot of nice people. Lots of opportunity for professional growth. The company needs to advance in efficiencies but they are ahead of most.
Very strong British Cultural work environment - required many layers of approval to get most work accomplished, not as flexible or "quick-on-the-draw" as it could have been, missed many opportunities in the U.S. due to this reactiveness, or lack thereof
Pros
Very well compensated, strived to be a very collaborative workplace.
Cons
Complex chain of command, always having to "check with London" before moving forward on may initiatives
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K