BP Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

typical gas station
You work 8 hour shifts. Most stores were open 24 hours. You complete transactions for customer buying fuel and other convenience store merchandise. Cleaning and stocking were the other primary responsibilities.
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
Bp review
I think I just had a terrible experience maybe. so your experience may differ . all in all it was a pretty horrible job didn't learn much. people yelling and cursing at you all day
This is a good place to work. Training is good. Pay is ok. And the customers are great and friendly. Management is also good. Would recommend as a place to work.
Shift Lead
A typical day was, I clock in. After clocking in, I'll make sure to check that it was fresh coffee being made and made sure the store looked clean like it needed to be. Than, I would check the bathroom, making sure they was clean as well and made sure that all the trash was taken out. After doing so, I would go over to the cash registered and start taking customers as they came in, allowing my fellow co-worker to close their registered down so they can get ready to count and leave for the day. I would greet each customer as they came in, acknowledging them and making them feel welcome and not just as a customer. I would ask them how they day is going and was they able to find everything that they needed. what I learned at that job is that a simple greeting can go along way for a person who's really having a bed day. Management at that job was in between. I would never know when they would be fair or when they would just show favoritism. My co-workers for the most part was pretty easy to get along with. The hardest part about that job is having the truck come in and not having enough cashiers to run the registered while putting up the truck. The most enjoyable part about that job is making everyone day.
Pros
making the customers day
Cons
not having enough cashiers on truck day and lack of management
very fast pace place
ran cash register, prepared fresh daily food items amd maintained gas pumps.
Pros
free lunch breaks, and 30% off store items
Cons
health coverage
Scr
Customer Service
Cashier

WORKING IN THE COOLER

Stocking/Bin
My Work Experience
I would clock in for the day. I would count my cash from bills to coins. I would clean up my area and make sure it look neat and be ready to take customers. I would greet each customer as they walk in the door, to make them feel welcome instead of more than a customer. As I ring the customer up for their items, I would ask them, did they find everything that they were looking for. I would ask them how their day is going and would even subjective sale if the store had a certain item they wanted me to mention to the customer if they didn’t know about that item for the month. I would offer my assistant to the elderly customer on pumping their gas. I would make sure that each and every item in the store was fresh, from coffee to sandwiches, to even dairy products. I would thank each customer for coming and let them know that I’ll be looking forward to seeing their smiley face next time they come.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BP?
1.5K