BP Employee Reviews in Joliet, IL

Great job
I think they are all becoming franchised out and are no longer company owned but I've work for them several times and enjoyed it very much look forward to working for them again someday.
Pros
Discounts and point system for good job incentive bonuses
Cons
Dangerous public service
The management ran into ground, filed bankruptcy.
The BP i was working for filed bankruptcy and I had to step up to maintaining daily management tasks at several locations to save the employees from getting the boot immediately.

As far as the corporation goes, BP does not run any of these locations, they are privately run/owned associations contracted to sell bp gas.

There was a BIG change from the am/pm days where there was some corporate association, but you could quickly tell it went from BP managing thins, to selling things for owner to manage, to "just pay us the royalties".
family oriented
As a Process Engineer, had access to review process data from home, as well as office.
In the morning I would review the process data for day and day before, checked the emails, and calendar for meeting and due dates for various reports.

Work on testing, results, going to the unit, checked with operators, checked the equipment, see if the process needed any adjustments, listen to any new ideas, or complaints from the operators to take to the upper managements.

Attended any meeting, follow-up with any action items, get feed-back to the management or operators.

Plan for next day and long term projects and reports.
Pros
free lunches, vaccination, nice employees parties
Cons
real feed-back from management
Loved job but pay was low.
I enjoyed managing deli and taking care of customers. If the pay was better I might have stayed with BP.
1.5K