Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Naperville, IL

Naperville, IL54 reviews
Constant pressure to reduce budget forces BP to move US jobs to Eastern Europe and Asia. Good pay, but long hours and no guarantee you will survive the next round of layoffs.
Cost cutting is out of control. People are not getting the opportunity to grow with jobs going overseas. People deserve better options to develop their careers. Millennials will not stay.
The people are genuine, the management staff are actually trained to be managers. The opportunities to learn more are there. Promotion opportunities are abundant. The culture is laid back but professional.
I was working here as a temp. Great place to work. My manager was very understanding was not a micromanager. This company lets you work on your own and trusts you.
Pros
Great company if I was a permanent hire
Cons
I was a temp
Stressful working environment, restructuring every few months, all work is moving out of US. Flexible work environment is only pro...they lay off people and put more work on people that are left.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
I worked here for 15 years. The first few years were good. After Texas City refinery blew up, and the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the environment went toxic at the office. You have to compete for your job and my manager is technically excellent but lacks management skills. Try to get in as a contractor, they will eventually hire you permanently if you’re capable, learn as much as you can and get out. No such thing as diversity and inclusion there, salary is okay and most employees are working scared. Job security is non-existent at BP!
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Management is top heavy. Manager and Team Leads are doing politics
Working at BP was fun and eventful. The people are nice and the managers are sometimes a challenge but as long as you filled their reqs they were good.
The team I work in is not situated and we are working a 24/7 shift with less than 6 people. I think If they had more people to run a 24/7 shift they would be ok. But because of this and switching me from night to days and probably back to nights, which is nights they needed me for, just lost my motivation to work with this team from BP. No work life balance, especially If you came in for nights.
I enjoyed working at BP because the pay rate was very good. I was busy working on several projects and i enjoyed the people that i worked with. It kept me busy.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
only contract postions
I have no comments as my position no longer exists. It was sent out of the country. While I was there it was an okay job. My supervisor was awful and would write anyone up for any reason she could think of. When I reported her to her boss nothing was done despite having documentation. I changed jobs prior to the lay offs. During my exit interview I notified HR of her behavior and provided documentation. They did apologize as it was never brought to their attention.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile environment, constant layoffs, overly lean, hire contractors, employees and offshore contractors without the proper skills or experience needed for the job which creates a stressful work environment. Management is matrix driven and unable to see or fix the underline issues due to cutting finances every year.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
No stability, constant major layoffs & offshoring ....
I was a contract employee at BP hired for document analysis and due diligence. It was extremely rewarding and the managers were great, as well as the work atmosphere.
Nice Place to Work. Great work / life balance. Management is friendly and approachable.The culture is nice and it's enjoyable to work there.I have acquired more skills.
Organization supports employees and works to encourage internal growth / succession the average tenure in the firm is a clear indication that people think it is a very good place to work
BP is a place where the values and work intersect and one would feel proud to work for such a great company! BP believes in safety and what impresses me is their ability to take responsibility and help their employees during a time of need. Somehow, we managed to have fun and get work done! Nicest people to work with!
The global view of BP offered great opportunities for growth. Management has a good policy to encourage growth and promotion. Working as a contractor, I was able to learn a great deal from the safety practices at BP.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Often worked from reaction, instead of being proactive
Very productive environment and very laid back for a call center. My level of support was very technical. Customers were easy going for the most part. The benefits were great but the shift availability was harsh since we were a 24hr/365year help desk.
Pros
Great Benefits, Decent Pay
Cons
Shift Availability
Safety was a huge priority Fellow coworkers were always pleasant to work with Great company to work for and learn a lot from The job offered plenty of challenges to constantly learn more
Good place to work as a consultant. Given freedom to manage project and had great leadership at the network level. Enjoyed working with the vendor (Baytek).
Pros
Baytek - support vendor
Cons
Price of oil low at the time
Constant change through downsizing, lack of transparency which creates unease throughout the workplace. Salaries and type of workload and responsibilities do not match. Lack of reward for going above and beyond normal work duties tied to actual responsibilities noted in job description.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Lack of transparency
Solve cash register issues. Troubles shoot network connections. Dispatch a tech to sight when needed Solve pin pad issue Help site with end of day reports
Pros
great people