BP Employee Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 3,804 reviews
sometime busy sometimes slow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2018
Got be able to handle a lot of people at one time, running a lottery machine. Know you cigarettes and crewing tobacco, and gas pumps, and so customer friendly
N/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2018
I Currently Work For BP. I Been Here Over A Year. The Job Is A lot For the Pay Rate. It’s Very Fast Pace At Times. Over All it’s A Cool Job Just Doesn’t Pay Enough.
Manager also merchandiser. (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2016
I trained for management in Cleveland (home office) and Pittsburgh.
I was hired as a manager and trained in several sites as well as those listed above. I really enjoyed working for BP because the upper management really took care of their people. Extremely nice company to work for.

When I retired in 2005 they called and asked be to come back as a contract auditor. I accepted.

I just don't like to sit at home doing nothing.

My wife still works for her company also.
Pros
Very nice, extra nice commissions.
Cons
tedious, more trouble than it was worth.
Day /Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2016
I did more work than my pay grade required there was a problem paying me more for my work so i conceded it was an unfair work place.
Busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2014
Its was an ok work place south side has a lot of attractions. Curtain days where busy really it depends on that day. Co works were alright. being paid was the best part of the job for me.
safe workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2014
enjoy relaxed management techniques. and coworkers.and interaction with customers
Pros
hours
Cons
impaired guests
I enjoyed and was satisfied when I worked for BP.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2014
BP was a very good company to work for. They compensated fairly and stressed having a life outside of your job.
A fun part-time job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2013
Working for BP Oil was a fun, part-time job.
I enjoyed interacting with customers, and helping them find what they were looking for.
Pros
Enjoy customer service, being Dairy Mgr., and Safety Lead.
Cons
Pay LOW
It was an okay job for a gas station
Retail sales, customer service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2012
It mainly consisted of me coming in to relief someone after about fifteen they would leave and i would take care of customers for two hours until the closing co worker came in then I would begin to restock shelves and the cooler, wash the dishes, take out the trash, for the next two hours, and ended my day by providing service to the customers.

I learned to try and explain more complicated things for customers to understand.

Management for the most part was okay, although he didn't go over how to deal with problems in the store until after they occurred

My co-workers for the most shifted often but I got along with all of them and provided help to them to the best of my abilities.

The hardest part of my job was having to improvise when a new problem risen, we weren't trained for certain situation so we had to improvise to get some problems fixed

The best part of the day was when relief came in, it gave me a chance to move from behind the counter, and take care things around the store
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
little to no breaks